Obamacare - Epic Failure

PeteMoss

http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/15/news/economy/aetna-obamacare/

AHCA is too expensive. Aetna's CEO makes over $30 million a year? Obamacare isn't going to work if corporations have to sustain the benefit packages of these CEOs that make more money than more than one generation of their kin could spend. What if half of that salary was put back into the company? I bet that amount could help thousands of people? The employees of the company? The customers of the company? Who needs/deserves $30+ million dollar salary? Did the CEO invent healthcare insurance?

Obamacare generated that income for the insurance companies while doing nothing to address the rising cost of health care. If there is a problem with compensation in a private company, the government can pass laws, regulations, policy, taxes, etc... to combat that, but they haven't. Why? Because the campaign dollars flowing into their pockets from insurance and big pharma is too good to give up. Again, republican or democrat, the establishment politicians are screwing the American people. The difference in policies between the two parties in foreign policy, economy and special interests is non existent.

If we're talking about how much it costs to sustain benefit packages, let's talk about public vs. private sector where the private sector pays way more than their fair share of health insurance premiums to support the significantly lower percentage public employees pay.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we're talking about how much it costs to sustain benefit packages, let's talk about public vs. private sector where the private sector pays way more than their fair share of health insurance premiums to support the significantly lower percentage public employees pay.

Ok let's talk about sustaining benefit packages of public vs private sector. These CEOs make hundreds of times as much money as their employees. If that wasn't the case private sector employees could enjoy some of the modest benefit packages of those in the public sector. Not to mention, the benefit packages of the public sector benefit all of the employees, not just the top executives like in the private sector.

Then your statement about paying out 17 k was a lie? Glad to help you provide for your family! Somebody has to seeing as your inept.

The cheap plan you get is better than nothing... Kinda like the least of two evils huh? No wonder you want Hillary .

I don't know what your talking about as far as me saying I pay 17k. Depends on how you look at it. In reality your salary and benefits together are what you earn. But as far as me being inept, far from it. We all make choices and I made choices that provide me what I earn. I have a Masters and gained a job in a very competitive public sector job. Sorry I have these perks to enjoy, but they come with the territory and everyone can obtain the same perks if they choose for the most part.

As far as picking the lesser of two evils, your logic is lost on me. Why would'nt anyone go with the lesser of two evils? Why pick cancer if you can have diabetes? But maybe you misunderstood. My health care plan is cheap, meaning I pay very little for exceptional health care. I "pay" $2,000 a year plus some low deductibles and copays for a $20,000+ health care plan. Sorry.

Sporto is the poster child of government waste and corruption. He relies on a corrupt government for his livliehood. Of course he cheers for more of it. Self preservation is a powerful motivator. The pendulum is swinging to the right and the rats are squirming, as evidenced by it's level of delusion. Time will settle all debts owed.

Sporto is the poster child of government waste and corruption. He relies on a corrupt government for his livliehood. Of course he cheers for more of it. Self preservation is a powerful motivator. The pendulum is swinging to the right and the rats are squirming, as evidenced by it's level of delusion. Time will settle all debts owed.

Well maybe your right, but if you are in the private sector you are probably jealous and a victim of not being protected by a union. You point to me as a part of the corruption, but if the private sector operated like the public sector you would be much better off for sure. The public sector does not have the top level management making hundreds of times more than its employees. Sorry the CEO of the private company you work for makes $20,000 million and you have to pay $700 a month for health care.

You enjoying your corrupt capitalism?

Ok let's talk about sustaining benefit packages of public vs private sector. These CEOs make hundreds of times as much money as their employees. If that wasn't the case private sector employees could enjoy some of the modest benefit packages of those in the public sector. Not to mention, the benefit packages of the public sector benefit all of the employees, not just the top executives like in the private sector.

Aetna has around 50,000 employees and the health insurance plan they provide is in line with what the private sector pays. I'm not arguing that CEO pay isn't ridiculous, but it's a private company and they're operating within the law. As I said, government can create policy and law to deincentivize that behavior.

There are about 22 Million public employees and their "modest" benefit package costs the employer about 50% more than what a private sector employer pays per employee to an average of $15/hour more per public employee than private employee in benefits. About 13.2 trillion dollars per week.

My point is about perspective. If you're in the public sector, it's tough to have a concept of how bad the health care situation is and the failings of Obamacare because you're not feeling it in your paycheck or as expenses as an employer the same as in the private sector.

Well maybe your right, but if you are in the private sector you are probably jealous and a victim of not being protected by a union. You point to me as a part of the corruption, but if the private sector operated like the public sector you would be much better off for sure. The public sector does not have the top level management making hundreds of times more than its employees. Sorry the CEO of the private company you work for makes $20,000 million and you have to pay $700 a month for health care.

You enjoying your corrupt capitalism?

Let's not even begin to pretend that public unions are without bloating and corruption. You may be great in your job, but there are many in the public unions who do the bare minimum and skate by without fear of losing their job because there in no performance incentive in public unions. You can have an employee with 2 years that is 5 times the employee as the 26 year veteran, but if you have to let one go in the public union seniority, not ability rules.

Aetna has around 50,000 employees and the health insurance plan they provide is in line with what the private sector pays. I'm not arguing that CEO pay isn't ridiculous, but it's a private company and they're operating within the law. As I said, government can create policy and law to deincentivize that behavior.

There are about 22 Million public employees and their "modest" benefit package costs the employer about 50% more than what a private sector employer pays per employee to an average of $15/hour more per public employee than private employee in benefits. About 13.2 trillion dollars per week.

My point is about perspective. If you're in the public sector, it's tough to have a concept of how bad the health care situation is and the failings of Obamacare because you're not feeling it in your paycheck or as expenses as an employer the same as in the private sector.

I can't argue with you at all. But the big difference is that the private sector top executives spread out/ pass down the increases to the lower level employees. That doesn't happen as much in the public sector. The budget is more balanced. Unions have been attacked and really the only place they are still alive is in the public sector. Collective bargaining is missing in the private sector now and the private sector employees are basically getting screwed.

Let's not even begin to pretend that public unions are without bloating and corruption. You may be great in your job, but there are many in the public unions who do the bare minimum and skate by without fear of losing their job because there in no performance incentive in public unions. You can have an employee with 2 years that is 5 times the employee as the 26 year veteran, but if you have to let one go in the public union seniority, not ability rules.

This is not as true as it once was. It's much better than it used to be.

Is the public sector corrupt? Sure. But the corruption is not nearly as bad as in the private sector. The only difference is for the most part the corruption in the public sector that is illegal, is legal in the private sector.

This is not as true as it once was. It's much better than it used to be.

Is the public sector corrupt? Sure. But the corruption is not nearly as bad as in the private sector. The only difference is for the most part the corruption in the public sector that is illegal, is legal in the private sector.

So what's the solution? Create laws and policies that disincentivize these practices in the private sector, something establishment Republicans and Democrats refuse to do because they have lined their pockets with corporate dollars. Put another establishment candidate in office and watch it continue to get worse.

So what's the solution? Create laws and policies that disincentivize these practices in the private sector, something establishment Republicans and Democrats refuse to do because they have lined their pockets with corporate dollars. Put another establishment candidate in office and watch it continue to get worse.

Trump equals private sector establishment to me, worst part as well (bankruptcies, etc). Trump also equals no experience, immaturity, and horrible demeanor. This problem will take a while to fix. In my opinion Bernie Sanders started the solution. The next president won't fix it. Maybe in 20 years it will happen.

Obamacare is a failure. I have a choice of a $2, 3 or 6 thousand dollar deductible. I can pay anywhere from $40-$80 a week for these plans. One of the goals of Obamacare is supposed to be prevention. A requirement of Obamacare is to cover a healthcare exam once a year that is fully covered. These packages cover the cost of the exam but don't cover bloodwork. A BMP costs around $1800 according to my doctor. How about an A1C? I don't know how much that test costs...maybe I'll look it up later but seriously. what are you preventing because I'm not incurring thousands of dollars of medical bills AND have $40-80 bucks a week ($2,000+/yr) taken out of my paycheck. That's like paying $4,000 just for one doctors exam and a blood test! If I was paying cash it would be $1800 for the bloodwork and $185 for the exam and I get a discount for paying in cash within 30 days.

I don't see where working class americans can afford to deduct $4,000 a year from their paychecks.

Prevention above all! Harumph!

post edit, Looks like I can check my own A1c with a kit from Walgreens. 2 tests for $43.00. and no I'm not diabetic and would prefer to stay that way thanks! :)

Obamacare is a failure. I have a choice of a $2, 3 or 6 thousand dollar deductible. I can pay anywhere from $40-$80 a week for these plans. One of the goals of Obamacare is supposed to be prevention. A requirement of Obamacare is to cover a healthcare exam once a year that is fully covered. These packages cover the cost of the exam but don't cover bloodwork. A BMP costs around $1800 according to my doctor. How about an A1C? I don't know how much that test costs...maybe I'll look it up later but seriously. what are you preventing because I'm not incurring thousands of dollars of medical bills AND have $40-80 bucks a week ($2,000+/yr) taken out of my paycheck. That's like paying $4,000 just for one doctors exam and a blood test! If I was paying cash it would be $1800 for the bloodwork and $185 for the exam and I get a discount for paying in cash within 30 days.

I don't see where working class americans can afford to deduct $4,000 a year from their paychecks.

Prevention above all! Harumph!

post edit, Looks like I can check my own A1c with a kit from Walgreens. 2 tests for $43.00. and no I'm not diabetic and would prefer to stay that way thanks! :)

So it's basically cheaper than what people who work in the private sector have been paying for years. Through my employer my health care costs $570 a month and the deductible is $6000 for my family. It would be great if I could pay $40-80 a week.

Archived