Obamacare - Epic Failure

PeteMoss

Yes, more people are insured because the choice is either have insurance or pay a fine. However nothing has been done to control the rising cost of insurance. The ACA was more of a gift to insurance companies than to the American public.

"Seven in 10 workers report their medical costs have gone up the past two years, and the vast majority says the additional expenses are significant enough to force them to save less for retirement. Driving costs up are things like higher deductibles and co-pays, which have risen as employers and insurers, as well as the government, seek to have more individuals covered and paying part of the costs."

The private sector is really taking it in the teeth having to pay 35-50% of their premiums and also having to subsidize with tax dollars the cadillac health plans of public sector workers that only have to pay 10-20% of their total cost.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The results for 2017 are in and it is not pretty. Some plans are going up more than 20%. The highest increase is in Georgia, 65%. Didn't Obama say that costs would be cut by $1,500?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-05-26/how-much-your-health-insurance-payment-about-jump

"...a full picture of final approved rates across the entire country likely won’t be known until shortly before HealthCare.gov and state equivalents reopen for the law’s fourth main enrollment window on Nov. 1."

Notice that the text says the actual cost increases will come out on Nov 1st. You can bet that the increases will not come out days before the election. The feds will force them to hold off with the actual numbers until after the election.

I've been paying for health insurance though my employer for years and the rates have increased every single year. Two years ago we saw a 22% increase. This is reality we're living in, rates go up. Everything goes up. Why are people acting surprised?

Because Obama LIED. HE said every family would save $1,500. He said if you liked you plan you could keep your plan - LIE. He said if you liked your doctor, you could keep your doctor - LIE.

Because Obama LIED. HE said every family would save $1,500. He said if you liked you plan you could keep your plan - LIE. He said if you liked your doctor, you could keep your doctor - LIE.

And I remember as Obama was trying to force this crap on us, that most with any sense here were warning about it's failures and that costs would keep rising...but the diehards kept defending their King... and who is really surprised that he lied? We warned everyone about that too....go figure.

Yes, more people are insured because the choice is either have insurance or pay a fine. However nothing has been done to control the rising cost of insurance. The ACA was more of a gift to insurance companies than to the American public.

Trump will save us. He has all the answers. Just ask him.

Obama had all the answers, but they were the wrong answers.

Except for the economy, the stock market, unemployment, getting Bin Laden, averting another 9/11....other than those and a few more major issues, he's been a total failure.

Except for the economy, the stock market, unemployment, getting Bin Laden, averting another 9/11....other than those and a few more major issues, he's been a total failure.

Obama did not get OBL, the Navy Seals did. Isn't it funny how all those things your give your messiah credit for, you also say aren't his doing when they're down.

Dream on Wanker...

"Jonathan Lockwood, executive director of the free-market group Advancing Colorado said that "Coloradans get sucker punched harder year after year by skyrocketing health care costs that we were promised would come to an end under Obamacare" - no no Jonathan, we're afraid everyone was sucker punched."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-07/nearly-100000-left-without-insurance-colorado-due-obamacare

My employers plan went from a small copay to a $5000 deductible. That's on the mid priced plan too. It's comical to listen to the Obamapologists at work trying to convince everyone how it's so much better this way. I don't know what's in that koolaid but they sure do enjoy drinking it.

My employers plan went from a small copay to a $5000 deductible. That's on the mid priced plan too. It's comical to listen to the Obamapologists at work trying to convince everyone how it's so much better this way. I don't know what's in that koolaid but they sure do enjoy drinking it.

How much do you pay for this plan?

5k deductible plus $300 a month? No way. Better get different insurance if this is true.

That's the way it is in the private sector for small business. You have to get a high deductible plan to have lower premiums. An average family plan costs 13K-18K / year, depending on the deductible, and as an employee in the private sector you pay 30-50% of the premium. If you are in the public sector, you are only paying 10-20% of your premium.

Two years in and the government subsidies are gone to help with the premiums. This is why the ACA sucks. It's done nothing to lower the cost of health care.

That's the way it is in the private sector for small business. You have to get a high deductible plan to have lower premiums. An average family plan costs 13K-18K / year, depending on the deductible, and as an employee in the private sector you pay 30-50% of the premium. If you are in the public sector, you are only paying 10-20% of your premium.

Two years in and the government subsidies are gone to help with the premiums. This is why the ACA sucks. It's done nothing to lower the cost of health care.

Yeah that has to be fixed. The peaks and valleys need to be ironed out.

• 2 months later...

Economics 101 is you never planned ahead! I assume you pay 17 k because you work at Mc Donald's you must not have entered in a profession that afforded you health benefits. I do know self employed business owners that pay like a grand a month for a family plan but I guess they saw a chump when you walked in. I thought DSS gave you excellent health care?

http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/15/news/economy/aetna-obamacare/

AHCA is too expensive. Aetna's CEO makes over $30 million a year? Obamacare isn't going to work if corporations have to sustain the benefit packages of these CEOs that make more money than more than one generation of their kin could spend. What if half of that salary was put back into the company? I bet that amount could help thousands of people? The employees of the company? The customers of the company? Who needs/deserves $30+ million dollar salary? Did the CEO invent healthcare insurance?

Archived