Obamacare - Epic Failure

PeteMoss

Come on, you know that is not true. The feds always spent the money as it came in. There was and is no Al Gore "Lock Box". There are a bunch of paper IOUs that Social Security has from the Feds.

And by the way, your beloved 0bama lowered the SS withholding rates in order to stimulate the economy. 2% for 2 years.

It absolutely is true. They payroll tax hike went into effect in 1983 and ss soon as the surpluses started they started taking money out of it to pay for tax cuts and other items. There was a $2.5 trillion surplus in Social Security revenue, it's all gone. W took over $700 billion to pay for his war in Iraq.

And Obama isn't my beloved, I didn't vote for him either time.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It absolutely is true. They payroll tax hike went into effect in 1983 and ss soon as the surpluses started they started taking money out of it to pay for tax cuts and other items. There was a $2.5 trillion surplus in Social Security revenue, it's all gone. W took over $700 billion to pay for his war in Iraq.

And Obama isn't my beloved, I didn't vote for him either time.

SS was always meant to be a pay as you go system. There never was money sitting in an account, just paper IOUs.

This is why many people opposed SS when it was started.

"While analysts expect the market to stabilize once premiums rise and more young, healthy people sign up, some observers have not ruled out the possibility of a collapse of the market, known in insurance parlance as a “death spiral.”"

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/276366-insurers-warn-losses-from-obamacare-are-unsustainable

"While analysts expect the market to stabilize once premiums rise and more young, healthy people sign up, some observers have not ruled out the possibility of a collapse of the market, known in insurance parlance as a death spiral."

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/276366-insurers-warn-losses-from-obamacare-are-unsustainable

And the link also says...."What we're likely to see is more of a market correction than any kind of death spiral, Levitt said. There are enough people enrolled at this point that the market is sustainable. The premiums were just too low.

Dr. Mandy Cohen, the chief operating officer of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), said in an interview that there is absolutely not a risk of a death spiral or collapse in the ObamaCare marketplaces.

While acknowledging that companies are needing to adjust to the new system, she pointed to the 12.7 million people who signed up this year, 5 million of whom were new customers, as a sign of success.

What brings us the most confidence about the long term stability and health of the marketplace is its growth, Cohen said.

And the link also says...."What we're likely to see is more of a market correction than any kind of death spiral, Levitt said. There are enough people enrolled at this point that the market is sustainable. The premiums were just too low.

Dr. Mandy Cohen, the chief operating officer of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), said in an interview that there is absolutely not a risk of a death spiral or collapse in the ObamaCare marketplaces.

While acknowledging that companies are needing to adjust to the new system, she pointed to the 12.7 million people who signed up this year, 5 million of whom were new customers, as a sign of success.

What brings us the most confidence about the long term stability and health of the marketplace is its growth, Cohen said.

Of course someone like Mandy Cohen is going to say something like that. She is nothing more than a cheer leader for 0bamacare.

In fact she had a part in setting up this disaster.

Since you are a "sports expert" I will start to make sports comparisons so that you will be able to understand the players and the issues. At the beginning of each NFL season, every team says they can make it to the Super Bowl. 30 of them are lying and most of the 30 know it

Mandy is just like the 30 coaches. She can not admit that she was wrong.

From the CMS website.

"Dr. Cohen served as a Senior Advisor to the Administrator coordinating Affordable Care Act implementation activities across the Department and with external partners."

Of course someone like Mandy Cohen is going to say something like that. She is nothing more than a cheer leader for 0bamacare.

In fact she had a part in setting up this disaster.

Since you are a "sports expert" I will start to make sports comparisons so that you will be able to understand the players and the issues. At the beginning of each NFL season, every team says they can make it to the Super Bowl. 30 of them are lying and most of the 30 know it

Mandy is just like the 30 coaches. She can not admit that she was wrong.

From the CMS website.

"Dr. Cohen served as a Senior Advisor to the Administrator coordinating Affordable Care Act implementation activities across the Department and with external partners."

TL:DR: RM: PL

TL:DR: RM: PL

I am not writing to you or for you. I am writing for people interested in the failure of Obamacare.

If you don't want to read it, I don't care.

Stay in the sports area, information is shorter there.

Yanks 10, Boston 3.

I am not writing to you or for you. I am writing for people interested in the failure of Obamacare.

If you don't want to read it, I don't care.

Stay in the sports area, information is shorter there.

Yanks 10, Boston 3.

Ok sorry. I got confused when you replied directly to my post by quoting it and referring to me in your reply. In the future, please don't quote my posts and don't mention my name and I won't think you are directing your post to me. BCVoice 101. Thanks.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UnitedHealth_Group

United Health made almost 6 billion last year? Health insurance companies (insurance companies in general) should make a profit, but most are gouging us to death. And they have a CEO who makes $66 million? Time to manage the money better.

http://www.ibtimes.com/unitedhealth-group-mulls-losses-blames-obamacare-ceo-stephen-hemsley-took-home-66m-2194436

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UnitedHealth_Group

United Health made almost 6 billion last year? Health insurance companies (insurance companies in general) should make a profit, but most are gouging us to death. And they have a CEO who makes $66 million? Time to manage the money better.

http://www.ibtimes.com/unitedhealth-group-mulls-losses-blames-obamacare-ceo-stephen-hemsley-took-home-66m-2194436

No one is stopping you from buying UnitedHealth's stock and getting some of the profit.

No one is stopping you from buying UnitedHealth's stock and getting some of the profit.

You miss the whole point? Are you trying to be stupid on purpose? A health insurance company making 6 BILLION in profits and an CEO making 28 million a year is turning its back on providing health care for its customers because it's not making enough money?!?!? What's wrong with people?

You miss the whole point? Are you trying to be stupid on purpose? A health insurance company making 6 BILLION in profits and an CEO making 28 million a year is turning its back on providing health care for its customers because it's not making enough money?!?!? What's wrong with people?

You don't get it.

No one is "is turning its back on providing health care". UH doesn't supply health care, they supply health insurance. This is the typical BIG LIE of liberals.

You too can buy health care stocks and then get some profits.

You can also start your own health care company. Don't make a profit and you will have customers flocking to you in boatloads since your premiums will be less.

And if you don't do this, why is no one else doing this?

If anyone thinks government run health care is so great, look no further than a VA hospital, and the shoddy treatment our veterans receive. That is what you'll get when the monolithic federal government micromanages your health care. Our federal government is designed to be very inefficient, and it is very inefficient. The federal government needs to be in charge of as little as possible.

I have friend that works at a local hospital adminitstration office and she said Obamacare will help the health care industry in the long run. Why? Obamacare is eliminating the number of people who receive care (usually intensive) that have no insurance and can't afford to pay. The free care was/is covered by the rest of us who pay for our health care. The amount of people who receive care for free is starting to decline. More people paying insurance premiums plus less free care will result in lower premiums for everyone in the long run (not to mention preventative care that can save lives).

Some parts of the country that had a higher percentage of people without insurance are struggling to balance everything out. In time, with proper management, Obamacare could be a great program.

I personally don't like the idea of being told that I have to purchase a particular product just by virtue of being born.

What other products can I be forced to buy? Ocare is shadiest most messed up piece of legislation ever rammed down this country's throats. O picks and chooses which parts of it get enforced and which ones don't.

The whole thing is a joke, and we're its victims.

I personally don't like the idea of being told that I have to purchase a particular product just by virtue of being born.

What other products can I be forced to buy? Ocare is shadiest most messed up piece of legislation ever rammed down this country's throats. O picks and chooses which parts of it get enforced and which ones don't.

The whole thing is a joke, and we're its victims.

This product would improve the most important thing you have, your health. And it helps eliminate the people who pay nothing into the health care system, but run to the ER after they break their arm and need care which gets paid by you and me. It's interesting that the welfare system is criticized because it is a free hand out for the free loaders that take advantage of the system, but a program that is requiring people to contribute to the system is critized as well?

This product would improve the most important thing you have, your health. And it helps eliminate the people who pay nothing into the health care system, but run to the ER after they break their arm and need care which gets paid by you and me. It's interesting that the welfare system is criticized because it is a free hand out for the free loaders that take advantage of the system, but a program that is requiring people to contribute to the system is critized as well?

I've been paying for health insurance for decades, free from threats by the IRS. It's done nothing to improve my health. It wont lift a weight, run a mile, or buy healthy foods. With it's very high deductible, it doesn't pay even if I do get sick.

Save your breath.

I've been paying for health insurance for decades, free from threats by the IRS. It's done nothing to improve my health. It wont lift a weight, run a mile, or buy healthy foods. With it's very high deductible, it doesn't pay even if I do get sick.

Save your breath.

If you get really sick, god forbid, it will save you from extreme debt, which would save everyone else from having to pick up the slack if you can't pay.

Save your life.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived