Potential Winter Storm - 1/1/13 - 1/3/13

The West Sider

2 things:

The date is 2014. I will be doing the same thing on my checks until April.

According to the Global Warming people, we will not be having these winter storms. Just like there were so many major Hurricanes in 2013 (0).

Also, I think you are optimistic. We will need 2 months of supplies to get thru this non event.

hopefully the toughest guy in broome county is rested up after working the door at flashbacks and cooking wings at uncle tonys.

and the catsup at weis tastes funny.

By the sounds of it, the toughest shoveler in Broome County could potentially pretty busy. When he is done though, he will need to be the toughest pot hole filler in Broome County. By the looks of it, many of the streets in the City of Binghamton look like the surface of the moon.

I just drove by and didn't see anything going on :)

I would guess that the reason you "didn't see anything going on", was perhaps because you were either going too fast, or else maybe you were on the wrong street. Like there's more that one Main Street in this area, and there's more than one Front Street, and there's more than one Lake Ave., etc.

Winter Storm Hercules Forecast: First Snowstorm of 2014 Targets Midwest, Northeast

Friken Hercules? http://www.weather.com/news/weather-winter/winter-storm-hercules-forecast-20131231

My father used to name snow storms. They all had the same name and he always did it at 5:00am while holding a shovel.

@#$&^*(*)? snow storm

From the NWS: "Coldest weather expected in at least 3 years."

Cold? This is not going to be cold.

The image below...now THAT is cold.

I snapped this image just now. Check out their HIGH for Thursday, Friday and Saturday. They have a heat wave for Monday at -35F (my iPhone is set for F).

This city in Russia has a population of 269,000, so it is not some remote area like the North Pole, it's almost six times the size of Binghamton and has 10,000 more people than Buffalo.

The city's AVERAGE high for December is -29.7F. For the year the average high is +25.9F, the daily mean temperature is just 16.2F and that isn't even the worst for a settlement of over 100,000 people.

I figure they'd KILL for our high temperature for Thursday and Friday.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakutsk

yakutsk2.png

Cold? This is not going to be cold.

The image below...now THAT is cold.

I snapped this image just now. Check out their HIGH for Thursday, Friday and Saturday. They have a heat wave for Monday at -35F (my iPhone is set for F).

This city in Russia has a population of 269,000, so it is not some remote area like the North Pole, it's almost six times the size of Binghamton and has 10,000 more people than Buffalo.

The city's AVERAGE high for December is -29.7F. For the year the average high is +25.9F, the daily mean temperature is just 16.2F and that isn't even the worst for a settlement of over 100,000 people.

I figure they'd KILL for our high temperature for Thursday and Friday.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakutsk

yakutsk2.png

Sorry, my mistake.

The context of the quote was from the local NWS.

Sorry, my mistake.

The context of the quote was from the local NWS.

I did not post that to point out any "mistake" (was there one?), I did it to be funny and also show something that had long amazed me, that a city so large HAS to thrive in such a climate. People have to go to work, transportation (public and private) must be reliable, buildings have to be heated and insulated to a level unthought of here. I just cannot imagine living in such a place, yet a third of a million do.

I just noticed this a.m. that all the holes in Riverside Dr look twice as deep as they did last week...it's godawful.

The potholes in the streets are way worse than normal. I'm taking that as former Mayor Ryan's middle finger to us as he moves out of the city he spent 8 long years improving for everyone.

He spent 8 years blaming Bucci and the Feds for every problem he faced and had no solution for. He left Mayor David and us with absolutely atrocious streets, and it's not even the middle of winter.

He came to my house campaigning in '08. I should have kicked him in the shins.

Jackass.

Well I did go out to get cash and YAY the kids are shoveling as we speak! So the only question left is, to drive or not to drive and call a taxi? Any word on how the main roads are so far? I hate to be stuck at work without my vehicle and chances are I'll be stuck there all night but it's better than being stuck in the snow somewhere.

Well I did go out to get cash and YAY the kids are shoveling as we speak! So the only question left is, to drive or not to drive and call a taxi? Any word on how the main roads are so far? I hate to be stuck at work without my vehicle and chances are I'll be stuck there all night but it's better than being stuck in the snow somewhere.

Roads are not good.

I've been listening to the scanners - cars and trucks off the road all over - Route 81 Castle Creek and also Front Street Exit. Route 17 Lounsbery, Route 434 apalachin, and also near the university.

I turned my heat off. Might need it when the power goes out.

75'

I keep the attic full of wood so if the house burns down, I could just build a new one.

Archived