WBNG story MONEY MIX-UP: City mistake costs taxpayers thousands, mayor received benefit

James K Polk

In Mayor Davids case, I would think he thought he should be getting the STAR credit because it's his primary residence. BUT, when did they raise the income ceiling to $250,000? When I first applied the ceiling was $65,000 total household income. Then I think it went up to $72,000. 

Rich David was contacted by Scott Snyder after he was elected mayor, and received $4,000 a year in tax breaks.  And during that time Snyder received $18,000 in raises from the City of Binghamton.  Something isn't right here...

1 hour ago, SU75 said:

Rich David was contacted by Scott Snyder after he was elected mayor, and received $4,000 a year in tax breaks.  And during that time Snyder received $18,000 in raises from the City of Binghamton.  Something isn't right here...

I believe this is IN ADDITION to the earlier skullduggery announced last February of having his property appraisal reduced 27% without submitting the state form or having a hearing; like a law-abiding citizen would be required to do.

To say you don't have to pay back-taxes due because it wasn't your "mistake?  Try that with the IRS; or a "corrected" City water billing.  

http://www.wicz.com/story/39920735/former-city-employee-alleges-binghamton-mayor-is-cutting-his-property-tax-bill

I know! I'll ask my daughter if he should HAVE to pay it back...she's qualified to give guidance in these matters now.

Just kidding, seriously, I thought the credits were coming back to taxpayers in the form of a check from the state? 

2 hours ago, ginger said:

I know! I'll ask my daughter if he should HAVE to pay it back...she's qualified to give guidance in these matters now.

Just kidding, seriously, I thought the credits were coming back to taxpayers in the form of a check from the state? 

Only on purchases/acquisitions after a few summers ago...2015, maybe? Can't find exact date right now.  

13 hours ago, FormerSomeone said:

I believe this is IN ADDITION to the earlier skullduggery announced last February of having his property appraisal reduced 27% without submitting the state form or having a hearing; like a law-abiding citizen would be required to do.

To say you don't have to pay back-taxes due because it wasn't your "mistake?  Try that with the IRS; or a "corrected" City water billing.  

http://www.wicz.com/story/39920735/former-city-employee-alleges-binghamton-mayor-is-cutting-his-property-tax-bill

I know people who had assessments lowered by taking a copy of a bank appraisal to the assessor's office. Tafreak trying to stir shit up again.

13 hours ago, ginger said:

That's still your taxes paid if you live in New York State.  Just a little less local.

Municipal, State, Federal . . . they all spend our taxes sent.