Bob Murphy fired for "ethical lapse"... Joe Zikuski remains untouchable

Officer Al

Bob Murphy has been publicly fired and humiliated by the David administration for what pressconnects called an "ethical lapse".  Now I do not know Bob Murphy personally, I've probably been around him a handful of times, but have never spoken to him.  But I've heard he is respected by all sides and political parties, and was very good at his job.

And then we have Joe Zikuski, who's ethics are called into question every single day.  Zikuski has given the city more black eyes than Mike Tyson. Yet the David administration keeps Zikuski in his position of power, which he abuses constantly.

It's a shame Mr. Murphy's last name isn't Zikuski, because I have a feeling he wouldn't have been fired.  Who will replace Murphy at city hall?  Lisa Zikuski? 

I know Bob Murphy personally and have a lot of respect for him he's a straight shooter a genuine person. I consider him a good friend and do not believe Bob would do anything unethical what-so ever! I do believe there's a good explanation to this matter and he should be heard first before he's judged.

I believe Rich is getting poor advise from whomever to let Bob go.  He's been doing a fine job of trying to do whatever he can for an area that's in serious trouble. If someone can do better step up to the plate and take your chances! Oh and GOOD LUCK YOUR GOING TO NEED IT!

I wish Bob and his family well they are good people. I especially have a lot of respect for him.

I agree about Joe Z. the trouble he's been into that Gerry Mollen bailed him out of over and over and got away with it and never a kick in the AZZ by Rich? What's that all about?

I wouldn't ever mention my good friends name (in the above post) in the same thread as the two above JZ and GM!

Worked with Bob for a few years with the Bucci administration. Very nice fellow and I believed him to be both competent and trustworthy in the few dealings I had with him in his then capacity of Corp Counsel. 

With that said......my City of Binghamton Housing Department (funded quite similar to its sister Economic Development Department) was entrusted with literally millions of federal grant dollars...Urban Renewal, CDBG, HOME, FEMA, etc....same with NYS Housing Trust Funds, RESTORE, Homless Assistance, SEMA, etc etc. These funds were either drawn down as needed directly from the respective HUD or NYS Division of Housing Department or years back from a designated local lending institution with the total grant award having been deposited in said lending institution via what was then called a "Lump Sum Drawdown". Either case, the release of ANY funds whatsoever mandated TWO pre approved signatures on the specific drawdown request application........one being the designated Planning/Housing  administrating officer; the other being either the City of Binghamton Comptroller or Treasurer. Checks and Balances?? What could possibly have warranted a change from a simple common sensical system that worked and had never experienced a problem???

2 hours ago, Independent said:

Bob ran Economic Development for the City of Binghamton and did a great job for what was handed to him.

He was also Mayor Bucci's Corp Counsel, I believe.  

https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/FSupp/947/590/1453884/

On 12/1/2019 at 8:43 PM, 92CorruptCourtStreet said:

Let’s not forget Zikuski is currently named in an ongoing active lawsuit with Some guy named Dr. Pavel Komanicky

Oh goodness, I just read that complaint. Lyme Disease is very serious and Dr. Komanicky is clearly more than a little mentally compromised.

(Uh-oh, he's going to sue me for practicing medicine without a license for saying that.)

37 minutes ago, Bingoloid said:

Oh goodness, I just read that complaint. Lyme Disease is very serious and Dr. Komanicky is clearly more than a little mentally compromised.

(Uh-oh, he's going to sue me for practicing medicine without a license for saying that.)

Didn’t I see in the complaint he lives on 5 riverside drive and he claimed his neighbor was stalking him and when he called the police he is saying nothing was done to help