What a piece of shit this place has become.

19April1775

2 hours ago, Nyrfan said:

but NEWSMAX says.......

imo the examination of election voting is good for America.

Georgia's upcoming hand recount of nearly 5 million votes cast in the presidential race will find that there were not many errors, Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger said Thursday. 

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/georgia-recount-election-raffensperger/2020/11/12/id/996691/

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, here is an interesting idea. This imbecile wants to revive the US Economy by shutting down the US Economy, over a virus with a survival rate of 99.97%:

Biden Covid advisor says U.S. lockdown of 4 to 6 weeks could control pandemic and revive economy

They have no authority to do this, obviously. Their thinking is, "Who needs authority when you have power?"

3 hours ago, Nyrfan said:

not sure where 99.97% came from

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/planning-scenarios.html

So even the CDC’s own data shows that, if you are 19 and under, the virus is essentially a non-issue. If you are aged 20-49, then your odds of dying with COVID-19 are around the same as the annual likelihood of getting struck by lightning: 0.0002.

Even in the 70+ age group - apparently at imminent risk of mass extinction if we’re to believe the ongoing hysteria - the best estimate fatality ratio is a mere 0.054. That means of every 100 persons in this age group allegedly infected with COVID-19, 94.6 will survive.

Keep in mind these estimates are derived from those who die with COVID-19 listed on their death certificate. That is no guarantee these people actually died because of COVID-19; at best, it tells us they died with COVID-19.

On 11/11/2020 at 5:41 PM, 27 Time World Champions said:

Question for you (or anybody). If the vote in those disputed states cannot be validated by a court and no candidate has the required 270 Electoral vote does the constitution send the decision to the house of representatives to decide the winner? That is each state has one vote to decide the new President so more Republican states would choose Trump or more Democratic states would choose Biden. Is that a possibility?

So, yes, if the electors fail to achieve a majority, it goes to the House, and you're correct that each state's delegation gets one vote.

However, for a court to intervene and prevent a state from being counted? That's the part that isn't realistic. Validating the vote doesn't really matter. The Constitution and the Federal law implementing it (Title 3 U.S. Code, Chapter 1) don't take much interest in how a state actually chooses their electors, provided they don't step on the 14th Amendment on the way.

In a more general sense, the states and their bond with the Federal government, in our law, are perpetual and indestructible, their citizens provide the sovereignty of both simultaneously, and neither can dissolve that without mutual agreement. The Constitution says "shall", not "may". Even if the bombs have fallen and all communications have failed, my read is that the President of the Senate is supposed to appoint a messenger to travel across the nuclear wasteland to track down whatever is passing for the survivors' state government and retrieve the certificate from their electors to bring it back to Washington.

There's just nothing in there meant to exclude a state except under the most extreme circumstances, and even then, both houses of Congress have to agree. Whether or not people even got to vote is sort of an afterthought compared to making sure the state comes up with electors somehow.

(I was thinking it over, however, and did think of another way a state government could get itself excluded and jam up the process without the courts, maybe even without any bad intentions on anyone's part. I don't think it could matter here, but it would involve a state legislature doing something radical and now I have an idea for a really bad political thriller novel.)

10 hours ago, thomas said:

imo the examination of election voting is good for America.

I agree with you on this.

There's nothing dishonest about with candidates pursuing real angles under the rules the people of each state agreed upon for their elections, and it keeps everybody honest to throw a couple of elbows. If Georgia law authorizes a recount and it'll make people feel better, they should pursue it. Same in Pennsylvania if they manage to win the appeal on the extended deadlines and get within the mandatory recount threshold.

It's just that the word "real" is doing a lot of heavy lifting on most of these filings at this point. I used the phrase "Battisti-grade" very intentionally.

This widely used Dominion software concern is under the microscope. I have no clue how the reliability of this software can be verified. Texas rejected Dominion in 2019 due to concerns about unauthorized manipulation and more. President Trump accuses Dominion software of altering 2.7 million votes. So was it hacked? One county that raises suspicions is Chester County, Pa. But nothing conclusive so far. We have to find out what did happen in a transparent way, not just what could have. Mark Halperin (right) said we can do this.

rxPMQj7.jpg

3 hours ago, Bingoloid said:

So, yes, if the electors fail to achieve a majority, it goes to the House, and you're correct that each state's delegation gets one vote.

However, for a court to intervene and prevent a state from being counted? That's the part that isn't realistic. Validating the vote doesn't really matter. The Constitution and the Federal law implementing it (Title 3 U.S. Code, Chapter 1) don't take much interest in how a state actually chooses their electors, provided they don't step on the 14th Amendment on the way.

In a more general sense, the states and their bond with the Federal government, in our law, are perpetual and indestructible, their citizens provide the sovereignty of both simultaneously, and neither can dissolve that without mutual agreement. The Constitution says "shall", not "may". Even if the bombs have fallen and all communications have failed, my read is that the President of the Senate is supposed to appoint a messenger to travel across the nuclear wasteland to track down whatever is passing for the survivors' state government and retrieve the certificate from their electors to bring it back to Washington.

There's just nothing in there meant to exclude a state except under the most extreme circumstances, and even then, both houses of Congress have to agree. Whether or not people even got to vote is sort of an afterthought compared to making sure the state comes up with electors somehow.

(I was thinking it over, however, and did think of another way a state government could get itself excluded and jam up the process without the courts, maybe even without any bad intentions on anyone's part. I don't think it could matter here, but it would involve a state legislature doing something radical and now I have an idea for a really bad political thriller novel.)

Thanks for the response and the time you put into it. Much appreciated 

1 hour ago, Nyrfan said:

Comments (please don't just call it fake news because it is on CNN)  https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/13/opinions/utah-covid-cases-anti-maskers-austin/index.html

Nyrfan here, sitting at home wearing his mask while linking to CNN as "proof", is indicative of the electorate in 2020. The media propaganda capacity in today's technological culture so thoroughly dwarfs anything ever dreamed of in Goebbels's fevered mind that I'm afraid this blizzard of lies has completely overwhelmed us, to the extent that it is not correctable. Literally everything uttered in the media is a baldfaced lie, to the extent that if they tell you Alex Trebek died, you have no reason to believe it. Yet people eat this plate of shit every day, with a little hot sauce, and believe it with every fiber of their little brains. For them, it's true, because "They can't say it if it's not true." The very idea that things are not the way NBCABCCBSCNN tells you they are simply cannot be grasped by the entire mass of the population in the middle of the bell curve.

The momentum is just too big a number at this point, and if Trump somehow manages to get this election in his favor, the chaos and devastation that will follow may well not be worth the privilege of participating in a real democratic process again. Note that the very second the networks decided that they would go ahead and call it for Biden, all the street violence stopped. They have very effectively demonstrated that we don't get to decide who the President is, unless they approve of our choice, and that they will do absolutely anything they have to do to prevent us from "choosing badly" again. 

The ramifications of this are too staggering to grasp. Fuck you and your mask. 

President Trump live addressing Covid Vaccine. President says Cuomo is not accepting vaccine. SO within weeks vaccine will be shipped to 49 states. When Cuomo is ready it will be shipped to NY, states the President. Until then no vaccine or hydroxy in NY per Cuomo. Also President states no lockdowns in his administration.

https://www.newsmaxtv.com/

DxlwtyR.jpg

Gen. Perna ,"This is about saving lives."

0qOviYx.jpg

43 minutes ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

Nyrfan here, sitting at home wearing his mask while linking to CNN as "proof", is indicative of the electorate in 2020. The media propaganda capacity in today's technological culture so thoroughly dwarfs anything ever dreamed of in Goebbels's fevered mind that I'm afraid this blizzard of lies has completely overwhelmed us, to the extent that it is not correctable. Literally everything uttered in the media is a baldfaced lie, to the extent that if they tell you Alex Trebek died, you have no reason to believe it. Yet people eat this plate of shit every day, with a little hot sauce, and believe it with every fiber of their little brains. For them, it's true, because "They can't say it if it's not true." The very idea that things are not the way NBCABCCBSCNN tells you they are simply cannot be grasped by the entire mass of the population in the middle of the bell curve.

The momentum is just too big a number at this point, and if Trump somehow manages to get this election in his favor, the chaos and devastation that will follow may well not be worth the privilege of participating in a real democratic process again. Note that the very second the networks decided that they would go ahead and call it for Biden, all the street violence stopped. They have very effectively demonstrated that we don't get to decide who the President is, unless they approve of our choice, and that they will do absolutely anything they have to do to prevent us from "choosing badly" again. 

The ramifications of this are too staggering to grasp. Fuck you and your mask. 

Agree with you.  The MSM/DNC has perfected what Goebbels started. 

Hi everyone...I have a long weekend ahead of me so if I don't check in...Last night  2 registered nurses at 2 separate facilities broke isolation protocol to greet me. I didn't have to call them out, their coworkers did. One site had an elevator that had to be disinfected. Nursing homes continue to be vectors for coronavirus due to its large workforkforce and it's ramping up again. 

The government should stop beating a dead horse. If you don't know how to keep yourself and your family safe by now, there just isn't much to add. I just came from Boscovs...I needed a pair of sneakers...I rolled my ankle 2 weeks ago and needed something bigger. I hope it isn't broken.I'll give it another few days... Of course it had to be my driving foot! :) They have people donning gloves to touch shoes. Speaking of...25% off all shoes.  I got a pair of navy blue no lace RYKA slip ons for $20.00. 

Have a good weekend everyone.

https://www.boscovs.com/shop/prod/womens-ryka-wisdom-athletic-sneakers/133841.htm?