SHOPPING

ginger

Btw I thought I started a thread for products I can't find anymore but I guess it will work here just as well.  

Oil of Olay shimmer body lotion.

Heinz jarred au jus..

Bengay..  not a tube to be found. I spent $12.00 on something in CVS..VOLTAREN.. USELESS. You can only use 2 inches at a time 4x a day. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, ginger said:

Last week on my day off, I hit up that bargain rack store in the Binghamton Plaza. It was Monday so everything was $3.00. I didn't have the wherewithal to pick through the stuff. One interesting thing I did find...I have this small kitchen vent on the floor. They had 2 or 3 vent covers in brushed chrome. It looks nice.

Today I thought I'd try Aldis to see if I could save on anything on my grocery list. If I saved a dollar total I would be surprised. 

At Price Chopper another 2 ladies and I were joking that we wouldn't be purchasing  RITZ Crackers until the price went back to being 2/$5.00. Lol 

One thing you should try to grab if there is any left...PC mild cheddar cheese is marked with a one dollar off coupon because the expiration is today. It's on sale for $2.00. so I ended up paying a dollar per 8oz bar. I picked up 5 bars and threw them in the freezer. I'm sure they'll be good for something. 

Melt with a can of Rotelle tomatoes for dip...

Or M&C.

On 6/20/2022 at 7:22 PM, ginger said:

Btw I thought I started a thread for products I can't find anymore but I guess it will work here just as well.  

Heinz jarred au jus..

Bengay..  not a tube to be found. I spent $12.00 on something in CVS..VOLTAREN.. USELESS. You can only use 2 inches at a time 4x a day. 

Ginger try switching to HEMPZ body lotion. It is so much better than the oil of Olay. If you can't find it reasonably priced pm me and I will grab for you wholesale. 

Lol Rachel, I swore I wasn't going to spend $50 for 2 bottles of the Oil OF OLAY. I bought Suave for $3.45 at Walmart and now I know why it's that inexpensive...it's useless. My daughter sent me an Amazon gift card for my birthday so I sprang for the 2 pack. It's the only hand and body lotion I like. I still have gift card to Sephora she gave me for Christmas.

BTW TOUP, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO YOU! 🙂

(We share the same birthday.)

59 minutes ago, ginger said:

Lol Rachel, I swore I wasn't going to spend $50 for 2 bottles of the Oil OF OLAY. I bought Suave for $3.45 at Walmart and now I know why it's that inexpensive...it's useless. My daughter sent me an Amazon gift card for my birthday so I sprang for the 2 pack. It's the only hand and body lotion I like. I still have gift card to Sephora she gave me for Christmas.

BTW TOUP, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO YOU! 🙂

(We share the same birthday.)

Backatcha, Ginger! 🥂

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2022 at 8:17 AM, ginger said:

Last week I came off Front St to go gawk at the graffitti and glanced at the back end of the Binghamton Plaza.I think I've appealed to every mayor for years to tear down that useless outdated eyesore. 

JARED! MAYOR KRAHAM! YES YOU! TELL THOSE GALESI BROTHERS USE IT OR LOSE IT!

WE DON'T NEED THEIR MONEY. DO SOMETHING USEFUL WITH THE PROPERTY OR WE'RE TEARING IT DOWN.

https://www.binghamtonhomepage.com/news/city-filing-suit-against-owners-of-binghamton-plaza/?utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=local+news&utm_source=facebook.com&fbclid=IwAR3jJ6D70F0Hxw9Q-RZ3ero36gZ3C0DrXHdbFRZa8Map_WxVoFlI_uLSKGA

Dirt Devil Power Max XL

I thought this vacuum cleaner would work well because the bristles are longer and I have some longer pile carpeting upstairs. 

What a piece of junk. The knob that raises and lowers the height is non functional...you have to turn it over to reset it. And, I just broke off a piece of plastic that holds the wand. There is good suction but half of the debris appears to blow around instead of sucking up...like on the kitchen floor.

Off to Amazon to use the last of my birthday gift card for another vacuum. 

Recommendations welcome. Try to keep it under $300.

Btw, I did finally find BEN GAY MAX at Family Dollar on Chenango St. They remodeled that store a bit and the prices are equal to or less than grocery or pharmacy prices. 

I need my internet back.. wasting too much time correcting autocorrect.

If you wanted to purchase meat to freeze, today would be a good day to do that. I just came from MAINES. I spent $43.00 on an entire sirloin tip @ $3.99/lb. I'm pretty sure I'll get at least 6 meals out of that.  I bought a whole center cut pork loin for $14.00 @$1.89/lb. That should get me 5 meals. Lastly I spent $18.00 on one pkg.of ground sirloin and 1 pkg. of ground chuck...almost 4 lbs total. That's a lot of meatballs. 

So, For about $75.00 I think I'm getting about 20 meals. Call it $4.00 per meal for meat. 

I also purchased 2 lg cans of Stanislaus Full Red concentrated crushed tomatoes at $6.99 each..one to cook the meatballs in today and one to keep in the cupboard because who knows what going to happen in the next months.

On 6/20/2022 at 7:22 PM, ginger said:

Heinz jarred au jus..

Frozen boxes of chopped broccoli. I was really hungry for broccoli casserole to go with a piece of that sirloin tip. 

I plan on putting some 90% ground sirloin at 3.99# from Weis in the freezer. 

If you eat chunk light tuna and/or rice a roni, they have the 8/.88 sale going on through Sunday.

G, last time I went to Maine's, I got fresh chicken wings, petite tenders, pork cube steaks, pasquale's sausage, and hofmanns 1/4# hot dogs (3#'s under $12). 

I just came from Weis on Robinson. I went to roll the meatballs and discovered I was out of breadcrumbs so I ran down. I figured since I hadn't been there in a while I'd take a look around.

I did not see any great bargains except for the 8 for $.88 that you mentioned Toup. I looked at the meat but when I got to around the sausage, something smelled really wrong, and I had a mask on.

I did find one surprise item. Yes, I know I just made this huge pot of sauce but...Weis is carrying Michael's of Brooklyn jarred sauce. I've never been there but plan to go with my daughter and son in law. I've heard the food is phenomenal so I did purchase 1 jar to try at $8.99. 

I hope its not as disappointing as Raos jarred sauce. Interestingly enough, I recently found out the owners of Raos are not the same people who put out the sauce. Same family, brothers.

Where are the Cocoa krispies?? Weis, Price Chopper and Walmart have empty spaces. 

I've been hungry for chocolate lately. My iron must be low because that's the only time I crave it. At Price Chopper I bought a box of Tasty cake chocolate cupcakes with the chocolate frosting.  $4.69 for the box.

THE CUPCAKES WERE HALF THE NORMAL SIZE!

1 hour ago, ginger said:

I hope its not as disappointing as Raos jarred sauce. Interestingly enough, I recently found out the owners of Raos are not the same people who put out the sauce. Same family, brothers.

I bought one flavor of Rao's that totally underwhelmed me. 

Then, I tried a jar of the marinara, and the minute I opened the jar I wanted to start eating it w/ a spoon...cold. 

• 2 months later...

Well I said wasn't doing fall flowers this year..lol um sure. If you have not yet...

I just came from Lowes...I needed something for fruit flies however, in the back of the store, prime fall hardy mums, and other plants in great condition for 75% off. Today or tomorrow is supposed to be the last day. So glad I didn't pay 3 for$22.00  for the 10 inch baskets I was going to get a few weeks ago. Got them for $3.75 today. 

They also have garden stone on clearance.. I had been trying to build an enclosed built up garden bed out front all summer but you know my back is shot so I could only do a little at a time. Well my stone was $2.50 a piece marked down today for $1.48.

Ch8cken in the oven..I have my work cut out for me for the rest of the day. 

Have a great week everyone. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...