DAMNING DOCS in DOS RIOS RAPE CASE

Independent

It is being reported to us that DA Korchak had this evidence all along and never turned it over to the defense during discovery. Press Conference with DA's office 10 am today. 

Hiding evidence has become a pattern with the DA's office and is against State and Federal Laws under the Brady Act. 

So, are you saying these underage girls were not drinking in their bars and taking drugs with the 30 yr old married bar owners?

Are you stating they DID NOT take advantage of these clearly unsophisticated young ladies?

They are business owners. Don't tell me they don't know better. 

What I am saying is to read these docs carefully. You are welcome to develop your own opinions and conclusions after doing so. I think its extremely telling that these young women were bragging to each other about what property they wanted out of their settlements, not settling for less than a mil, and very clearly stating that it was consensual. Do these married business owners with children know better? They absolutely should, but there is a MAJOR difference betweeen rape and admitted consensual sex. 

These girls knew what they were doing.  They wanted to drink and have sex so they used the owners of the bars.  Now they are money hungry.  I'm not saying the bars owners are honorable men, because they are married.  But these girls took advantage of them, not the other way around. These girls hurt the credibility of girls who are actually sexually assaulted. A family member of mine was sexually assaulted and it makes me sick these girls would lie like they did.  All for money!

SB 967 YES MEANS YES legislation was enacted by Governor Cuomo and the legislature to avoid these situations.

I don't think prior exhortations count of girls saying, "gee I like to get with so and so." Conscious and voluntary agreement to engage in activity...silence or lack of protest is not affirmative consent. 

But since I'm not a lawyer.. and don't have access to the full record, those of you interested should look it up.

Post edit...THE CONSENT MUST OCCUR AT EACH STAGE OF THE ENCOUNTER.

I'm going to guess these men got a little too rough for these girls. 

3 hours ago, Mackey said:

These girls knew what they were doing.  They wanted to drink and have sex so they used the owners of the bars.  Now they are money hungry.  I'm not saying the bars owners are honorable men, because they are married.  But these girls took advantage of them, not the other way around. These girls hurt the credibility of girls who are actually sexually assaulted. A family member of mine was sexually assaulted and it makes me sick these girls would lie like they did.  All for money!

And all that protesting BS. 

This pisses me off, as a female. 

30 minutes ago, 2pelo Honey said:

And all that protesting BS. 

This pisses me off, as a female. 

Mike Korchak is no better he had phone records to show what actually was going on and still went ahead in front of a Grand Jury to get an indictment when Mike Korchak and Mark Lourghen had this evidence and didn’t turn it over. This has been going on for years ( hiding evidence from the defense). This was no accident or just a mistake keeping this evidence they did it to get a conviction to hang there hat on. The Election cycle is coming up that’s why they did it. Many have fallen to this trap that have been innocent. Someone told me once that the Grand Jury is a joke in our area that it’s so much of a joke that they would indict a Ham Sandwich or a Cockroach!!! Grand Juries are a Big Joke. 

41 minutes ago, DanCooper said:

Congrats to Korchak and Broome County for making the accused individuals the sympathetic figures in this mess.

Yessiree.  I don't think any of the 3 bar owners are noble gentlemen.  I think they're typical scumbag guys looking to cheat on their wives and sleep with young girls. But based on those text messages, those girls knew what they were doing, and now they're out for money and assets.  The girls should be charged with conspiracy. As much as I think the bar owners are scumbags, they didn't deserve to have their lives ruined by hoes out for a big payday. 

8 hours ago, Independent said:

Mike Korchak is no better he had phone records to show what actually was going on and still went ahead in front of a Grand Jury to get an indictment when Mike Korchak and Mark Lourghen had this evidence and didn’t turn it over. This has been going on for years ( hiding evidence from the defense). This was no accident or just a mistake keeping this evidence they did it to get a conviction to hang there hat on. The Election cycle is coming up that’s why they did it. Many have fallen to this trap that have been innocent. Someone told me once that the Grand Jury is a joke in our area that it’s so much of a joke that they would indict a Ham Sandwich or a Cockroach!!! Grand Juries are a Big Joke. 

Never thought he was, which is why I didn’t vote for him.

It looks like they were exchanging sex for illegal access to their bars.

I'm pretty sure neither party has grounds for a suit or can benefit from  the commission of a crime. 

Can we see the transcripts of the police interviews? 

As for their reputations...are you kidding me? Garo you know damn well if it was you or any other business owner conducting yourself in this manner, you wouldn't be able to show your face in public. 

21 minutes ago, ginger said:

It looks like they were exchanging sex for illegal access to their bars.

I'm pretty sure neither party has grounds for a suit or can benefit from  the commission of a crime. 

Can we see the transcripts of the police interviews? 

As for their reputations...are you kidding me? Garo you know damn well if it was you or any other business owner conducting yourself in this manner, you wouldn't be able to show your face in public. 

Ginger is a racist, and I don't take what she says seriously.  But underage drinking is a pretty innocent occurrence, that happens all over the world, every single day.  Every bar downtown has underage people drinking.  99.9% of the folks I know had a beer (or two) before they were of age.  And 90% of BU students have drank at a local establishment illegally.  You can't compare the allegations of letting minors drink with the allegations of rape. 

The allegations of drugging and raping young women, to the extend it closed two thriving businesses, ruined three reputations, and put dozens of people out of work, are very serious.  I do believe the girls should be charged for lying for authorities.  Like others have said, I don't necessarily think the bar owners are upstanding citizens, but they didn't deserve this.  It is very clear those girls knew what they were doing.

Your allegation is ridiculous. ^^^

Earlier this week I had dinner with some family friends. Somehow, we got on the subject of a gang rape that occurred on the Eastside of Binghamton over 40 years ago. None of us could recall the name of the 14 year old victim but we sure as hell recalled the name Bumpty, etal.

Let me ask a question.. the above initials in the original post? Are any of them from the 17 yr old employee who reported to the police? 

I'm finding it hard to believe she reported if it wasn't the case of her being forced to do things she didn't want to do.

I wonder wondering how the hell Korchak could screw up a big case so badly.. then I found out Korchak's corrupt investigator Jeffrey Wagner was on the case.  Korchak and Wagner are as unethical as they come.  To make these arrests with out searching the victim's phones is such bad practice, it's borderline misconduct.  These are bad arrests.  The indictments must be dismissed. 

3 hours ago, Michael said:

Ginger you are a total moron, and a bonafide racist.  Please stop hijacking this very important thread. 

Killing the messenger because you don't like the message? So unoriginal. Yawn

I don't see exculpatory evidence. I see these girls are pretty naive regarding civil suits. I also see at least one statement indicating the victim is blaming herself. Rape victims do that sometimes. 

Newsflash. You get to say no anytime you want...if you are capable.. even if it's your own husband.

As much as I am with everyone about this and the fact that Korchak is dirty as they come I do not believe this will get the case thrown out.

The people connected to Korchak are as dirty as him and hopefully with the election coming up the days of the korchak crew are dwindling.

On the other hand these text messages will buy the defendants some leeway in this case