Need Help Finding a Jeep involved in Hit and Run

Tazz

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
this looks like a cherokee they are looking for a wrangler

This is true and also the point that it was said "they think" the damage was done to the Pass side, this is the drivers side. However, in placing the two vehicle side by side, resizing so both are close to height, I saw a possible connection before posting this. Added to that the fact that there is not a FRONT PLATE where there is no damage to where th plate should be, it's better then a long shot.

This is true and also the point that it was said "they think" the damage was done to the Pass side, this is the drivers side. However, in placing the two vehicle side by side, resizing so both are close to height, I saw a possible connection before posting this. Added to that the fact that there is not a FRONT PLATE where there is no damage to where th plate should be, it's better then a long shot.

I agree, thank you. She has said she believes it was a wrangler, but in the panic of the moment it IS possible, at least in my mind, that it could be something similar. So thank you for thinking outside the box.

I agree, thank you. She has said she believes it was a wrangler, but in the panic of the moment it IS possible, at least in my mind, that it could be something similar. So thank you for thinking outside the box.

So, I have been following this thread and was wondering what progress has been made?

I have been keeping my eyes open.

TWS

We've been down the path you are now traveling. Our son was not sure and thought it was a certain type of vehicle that ran into him, and totalled his car back in 2001 . He was head strong about it. What became truth after 2 months was a completely different type, but same MFG. The paint that was on his vehicle did not match what the MFG ever put on that style.

Things happen fast, and sometimes we can not connect our eyes to what is there, only a vision.

Yes we understand and if this comes back as a no-go (which am unsure) the mods can just delete the pix and plate number or if you send me a PM I will.

There are a lot of eyes looking, and that person will get caught.

So, I have been following this thread and was wondering what progress has been made?

I have been keeping my eyes open.

TWS

The police are still active in the investigation and are tracking down leads as they get them. Channel 34 is doing the interview tonight so with luck that'll bring in more leads. And of course, all the great eyes we have on here!

Mouser, I agree. I have only had one accident in my life but I could not have told you the type of vehicle it was to save my life!

Guest Guest

okay here is one for you Jeep wrangler big plow bracket on front bumper young kid short hair real short 20 s its in front of a big greenish color apartment bldg its the corner of adams ave and riverview dr endicott it is there in the morning usally early. not sure if its there now this apartment bldg is party central i have seen alot of stuff going on there! the jeep is dark red and black hope this helps!good luck!

okay here is one for you Jeep wrangler big plow bracket on front bumper young kid short hair real short 20 s its in front of a big greenish color apartment bldg its the corner of adams ave and riverview dr endicott it is there in the morning usally early. not sure if its there now this apartment bldg is party central i have seen alot of stuff going on there! the jeep is dark red and black hope this helps!good luck!

Thank you!! Good Karma your way!!

Guest Julia Allison

Steve Craigg misspoke when he said the hit and run driver has brown hair. It is blond! Maybe they can do an update?

Great job Katie, articulate and to the point.

There were some things, like the report that the JEEP had a ""Soft Top"". Maybe I missed it, but I just went thru This entire thread and did not see anything about a "Soft Top"

Also, after watching her talk and understanding maybe a little shy, but I got to thinking a little here. So another question for you.

Friday night was snowy, roads covered. you stated she was ""She was coming from Kmart toward rt 26"", so my question is where was she going to / coming from ?

Anyone driving at that time knew what the roads were like. I can't help to wonder if there is something that has not come out yet.

A soft top now creates a whole new looking effort. I personally know of about 3 people who own a soft top Jeep that would fit this.

Based on what was said on the tube, I'll pull the picture and plate number.

Sorry for "that" post .

Mouser

There were some things, like the report that the JEEP had a ""Soft Top"". Maybe I missed it, but I just went thru This entire thread and did not see anything about a "Soft Top"

Also, after watching her talk and understanding maybe a little shy, but I got to thinking a little here. So another question for you.

Friday night was snowy, roads covered. you stated she was ""She was coming from Kmart toward rt 26"", so my question is where was she going to / coming from ?

Anyone driving at that time knew what the roads were like. I can't help to wonder if there is something that has not come out yet.

A soft top now creates a whole new looking effort. I personally know of about 3 people who own a soft top Jeep that would fit this.

Based on what was said on the tube, I'll pull the picture and plate number.

Sorry for "that" post .

Mouser

I had not heard soft top either, but like I said she doesn't remember everything and that may have been information she gave EPD the night it happened while waiting for medical.

I have already said we live on Rt 26. She had went to Kmart after a friend, who lived in Endicott told her the roads were bare and only wet in town :rolleyes: Her children were at my house for the night, and as anybody with young children know, we often go to the stores when our children are busy elsewhere.

Guest Guest
Thanks for explaining :)

So far as skid marks, how do you leave skid marks on snow? The police did follow the tracks as traffic was light, but as far as I know there were no skid marks.

Makes total sense to me.

I was out Friday night and there snow and ice build up, not like your daughters friend at K-Mart stated "the roads were bare and only wet in town". I drove from L.M. in Owego at 11:30 to Binghamton to get home, even 17 was covered with snow and ice and there were no "bare" spots at all.

Hummm..... Wonder what else is missing here?

The newscast stated the vehicle had a 'soft top" yet there was no mention of it here. Living in this area, one should apply common sense when getting behind the wheel of a vehicle. If a friend told me the water was deep enough to dive in, I'd want to check it first before going head first. In this case once she stepped outside and saw what the weather was like, she put her own safety in the hands of others by going to get this "friend" and should have told the friend that she was not going to drive with the roads like they were, unless of course it's a live-in friend with only one vehicle.

I don't mean any dis-respect here, just the reverse. I am glad that your daughter is okay, however, there seems to be a lack of total facts coming out. Personally I think there are things that you don't even know about that your daughter has kept quiet about up to this point.

I think maybe you should really do some heart to heart with your daughter and get 'all' the facts. After watching the newscast in the break room last night, and re-reading all these posts and information given here, they don't match except for a van got hit by a jeep and your daughter was taken to the hospital to be checked out.

Sorry Tazz, but 2 and 2 is not adding up to 4.

:mellow:

Guest Town Of Maine

Everything she says seems reasonable to me. It was not the fact that the roads were even the slightest bit slippery as much as the other driver was screwing around that let to the accident. He was fish tailing and spinning the tires leaving the parking lot that caused the accident.

The fact that the Jeep had a soft top, well I would say that 90 % of the Wranglers out and about with the oversized tires do have a soft top on them.

This thread is not here to criticize this girl who was just driving along and got hit by some idiot. It is to try and help her find the idiot that hit her.

Lets try and do our part and help her out.

Makes total sense to me.

I was out Friday night and there snow and ice build up, not like your daughters friend at K-Mart stated "the roads were bare and only wet in town". I drove from L.M. in Owego at 11:30 to Binghamton to get home, even 17 was covered with snow and ice and there were no "bare" spots at all.

Hummm..... Wonder what else is missing here?

The newscast stated the vehicle had a 'soft top" yet there was no mention of it here. Living in this area, one should apply common sense when getting behind the wheel of a vehicle. If a friend told me the water was deep enough to dive in, I'd want to check it first before going head first. In this case once she stepped outside and saw what the weather was like, she put her own safety in the hands of others by going to get this "friend" and should have told the friend that she was not going to drive with the roads like they were, unless of course it's a live-in friend with only one vehicle.

I don't mean any dis-respect here, just the reverse. I am glad that your daughter is okay, however, there seems to be a lack of total facts coming out. Personally I think there are things that you don't even know about that your daughter has kept quiet about up to this point.

I think maybe you should really do some heart to heart with your daughter and get 'all' the facts. After watching the newscast in the break room last night, and re-reading all these posts and information given here, they don't match except for a van got hit by a jeep and your daughter was taken to the hospital to be checked out.

Sorry Tazz, but 2 and 2 is not adding up to 4.

:mellow:

Like what? She had no friend with her, at Kmart or anywhere. She was on the phone earlier with a friend who told her the roads were bare in town. She believed the friend, and at her age I would have also. I do not find that unusual. At my age when snow hits the roads, they become "snowcovered". When the very same weather hit others see it as "wet". At my age, I hesitate to drive with the grandkids in the van. When I was her age, I'd just throw an extra blanket in the trunk, put the kids in carseats and go, no matter the roads.

My point is, we are all thinking as experienced adults, we have seem alot in our lifetime as far as accidents. Different people see the same roads as different. My oldest won't drive his car when so much as a snowflake hits, my daughter, on the other hand thinks nothing of going when it is a blizzard. Different people, different actions. Because this is the norm for my family, I do not find it strange at all that she believed her friend and felt the roads were getting better as she was told they were bare in town.

Soft top.... Have you ever had an accident? Did you remember every little detail in the very few moments after it happened? I have and I don't. Heck, she did not even realize the jeep had oversized tires until Monday when we happened to see one parked for sale (ironically,near Wingz). After seeing that one, she recalled the tires on the jeep that hit her had been larger and wider. She told EPD she was almost certain the jeep had a soft-top, but to this day she will not say 100% as it happened to fast and her recall is fuzzy on the small details. That was a detail EPD released to channel 34, something she had forgotten because it was not 100%. They must feel it has creditability or they would not have released it as that will shut down the number of tips they get. People will see a hardtop and ignore it, even with damage as it was said soft top. So EPD must have found credible evidence at the scene to say that or I am confident they would never have said it in a news release.

So please, share with me what my daughter is hiding from me? Just because she made a stupid mistake and was actually out on the roads when she should not have been, does not make her a liar, nor does it make her responsible for what happened. It just makes her young.

Wht time was it on because I decided to take one of those naps that you say Im gona sleep for an hour and well.......It was one long hour....about 4 infact

;) Long day huh? LOL, if you can watch video they do have it up at the 11pm update on Channel 34 website. http://www.newschannel34.com/mediacenter/l...&navCatId=3 Not sure if that'll work to take you direct, if not try this one and click 11pm update. It is about 4 minutes long and her interview is at the end. http://www.newschannel34.com/default.aspx

;) Long day huh? LOL, if you can watch video they do have it up at the 11pm update on Channel 34 website. http://www.newschannel34.com/mediacenter/l...&navCatId=3 Not sure if that'll work to take you direct, if not try this one and click 11pm update. It is about 4 minutes long and her interview is at the end. http://www.newschannel34.com/default.aspx

That was weird that Channel 34 videoed that story and there was a black jeep wrangler in the video with a soft top and over sized tires.

That was weird that Channel 34 videoed that story and there was a black jeep wrangler in the video with a soft top and over sized tires.

Yep, the timing was perfect for that to drive by! They did call the info in to EPD. Be strange if that was the one!

Guest Guest

I saw that also. It was backing out of a parking space in the wingz parking lot and then you saw it again on North St being followed by another reddish brown Rangler with oversized tires.

You don't think that maybe......Nah.......it couldn't be........could it?

Guest Guest

Typical BCVoice style for everyone to doubt the story now.

The facts are still the same, this poor girl got hit by a Jeep and the guy left the scene of an accident.

Plain and simple. Soft top, hard top, dry roads, wet roads, snowy roads...the guys still left the scene of an accident which last time I checked was still against the law.

Archived