Donald Trump running for President in 2016

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The NRA: "Obama just wasted 8 years and din't try to git yer guns like we sed he wud.. He musta fergot. But HILLARY is gonna git 'em, dagnabbit!

Take our word fer it!!"

Obama must have been waiting for My Little Pony to go around and gather them up while we weren't looking, just like he stole that speech Mrs. Drumpf gave. Them's some sneaky little hooves.

This just in!!!

Word around Drumpf's HQ is that he's in intense negotiations to select his Cabinet since he's a shoo-in to win in Nov.

Sec'y of Defense: Sleepy

Sec'y of the Treasury: Doc
Sec'y of State: Grumpy

Sec'y of the Interior: Dopey

We'll have more as we get word. Stay tuned to BCV folks!

Ben Carson.....now there's one scary dude.

He references the Founders of the US and says God will cast us aside if we elect Hillary, yet the whole idea of America is freedom to choose what to believe.

Evangelicals want to force us to live by their God's rules.

Scaaaarrrrreeee......

"Believe or die."

Sorta like fundamentalist Islam, ain't it?

LOL right JB2 good one... He knows the constitution? LOLOLOLOL I don't think so

You'd think a Pres. candidate would spend 5 minutes a day for a year learning ANYTHING about the Constitution. You'd think a 69 year old, world-traveled man would know SOMETHING about it just from all those years of being in business.

He knows nothing and, apparently, has a fondness for his ignorance and wants to keep it that way. Otherwise, he won't be able to wing it when it comes to Constitutional law.

He's planning on-

1. Ordering the military and the CIA to waterboard detainees, and

2. Prevent all American bound personal inflow who are known to be Islamic adherents. All of them.

3. Devise and launch a program to monitor the activities of every mosque on American soil

All are Constitutionally illegal. I'm sure there are more plans to subvert the Constitution than those few.

Drumpf is Constitutionally literate like I'm 10 feet tall with 12 eyes and an IQ of 1,372.

You'd think a 69 year old, world-traveled man would know SOMETHING about it just from all those years of being in business.

This is a man who orders steak "well done".

This is a man who commented that Brexit was a good thing simply because it would make his golf course in Scotland more affordable to tourists.

This is a man who has visited his Slovenian wife's homeland once, for three hours.

Saying that he's "world-traveled" is like comparing a Carnival cruise to a few years living on the islands.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, he's a semi-talented salesman who happened to win a genetic lottery. If he didn't have his family's money and clout, nobody in New York would have paid any attention to him and he'd be hawking vacuum cleaners.

This is a man who orders steak "well done".

This is a man who commented that Brexit was a good thing simply because it would make his golf course in Scotland more affordable to tourists.

This is a man who has visited his Slovenian wife's homeland once, for three hours.

Saying that he's "world-traveled" is like comparing a Carnival cruise to a few years living on the islands.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, he's a semi-talented salesman who happened to win a genetic lottery. If he didn't have his family's money and clout, nobody in New York would have paid any attention to him and he'd be hawking vacuum cleaners.

Sometimes getting a million from daddy turns someone into a loser. They blow through their money and are failures. 50% of the people who win a million or more in the lottery, lose it all.

He took the money and turned it into billions.

He built buildings. Big buildings.

Some people who trash Trump can't even run a rental property with 1 tenant.

He lost money, he had a failed university, still hasn't released his taxes.. the list can go on and on... trump lovers can't see the facts Trump is a little boy, only says things to make himself look good. he's a five year old ...he's not fit for office It's president Clinton to you!! Dump Trump!!!

How does one steal a song which he's purchased? So if I play songs on my Bose at a party I'm stealing? If They play songs at Yankee stadium they are stealing? Maybe these rock Stars need to remember that if we never play their music they won't be making the millions that they do.

I know about those! So what you are telling me that if I have a party or event and I use someone's music that I've paid for, that I will need to pay them royalties? Where does it say that I can't run for office and use my CD collection as music that I need to pay royalties?

Beside being on the airwaves virtually free if I bought a CD I can use it any way I please.

Sometimes getting a million from daddy turns someone into a loser. They blow through their money and are failures. 50% of the people who win a million or more in the lottery, lose it all.

He took the money and turned it into billions.

He built buildings. Big buildings.

Some people who trash Trump can't even run a rental property with 1 tenant.

It's my understanding that by any credible measure, Trump's ROI was lower than if he had simply put the money in a broad portfolio of stocks and let other people use it for him.

While we can agree that he didn't just snort it up his nose, or at least not all of it, there's no indication that he did anything out of the ordinary. Today's news appears to be that the Trump campaign tried to recruit Kasich to Ghost President for Trump, which would make sense, since it's exactly the same way his businesses have worked: he's the pitchman, not the guy who gets the **** done.

How does one steal a song which he's purchased? So if I play songs on my Bose at a party I'm stealing? If They play songs at Yankee stadium they are stealing? Maybe these rock Stars need to remember that if we never play their music they won't be making the millions that they do.

Lawful consumers have limited private performance rights to play music at home, etc. When you're staging a public performance, like at a stadium or at a political event (or if it's going to be played on television, etc.), you need to pay for a different license. Radio stations, bars, Yankee Stadium, etc., all pay for licenses that provide for playing songs for thousands or even millions of people. (The generic "Muzak" you hear in stores and elevators was specifically developed as a cheaper alternative to paying for a license for popular music.) Even jukeboxes require public performance licenses, and part of the coins you put in will usually go back to the artist. So your statement is kind of circular logic: while it's technically true that if we never play their music they won't make any money, it ignores that they make a huge percentage of that money by being paid directly for the playing of the music.

With that said, I'm sure they have a license in place. That would be too stupid. At the least, the venue would typically have a blanket license so that customers renting the convention center don't have to secure their own, and that would be part of the fee they pay for use of the space.

The problem here is that the artist has some grounds to claim that the public performance of the song, even though licensed, is damaging to their brand and implies a false endorsement of the candidate. Given that Freddie Mercury was British, a wildly promiscuous bisexual, and an ethnic Persian born into an almost entirely Islamic society, and given that Queen has apparently previously asked the Trump campaign to cease and desist, they probably have a reasonable argument to take action. Whether they will or not is another issue.

he hasn't secured the presidency and he won't... There's a lot of stupid people in the world who will vote for him but in the end president Clinton will prevail.

Let's not underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers. The Democrats haven't really offered people much to rally around, either.

I know about those! So what you are telling me that if I have a party or event and I use someone's music that I've paid for, that I will need to pay them royalties? Where does it say that I can't run for office and use my CD collection as music that I need to pay royalties?

It's literally chapter 1 of Title 17, the Copyright Law of the United States.

http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap1.html

To perform or display a work “publicly” means—
(1) to perform or display it at a place open to the public or at any place where a substantial number of persons outside of a normal circle of a family and its social acquaintances is gathered; or
(2) to transmit or otherwise communicate a performance or display of the work to a place specified by clause (1) or to the public, by means of any device or process, whether the members of the public capable of receiving the performance or display receive it in the same place or in separate places and at the same time or at different times.

Your CD, by law, came with a license for private performances. The above situations remain unlicensed.

It's my understanding that by any credible measure, Trump's ROI was lower than if he had simply put the money in a broad portfolio of stocks and let other people use it for him.

This is a typical financial person's comment.

You can prove anything by picking the correct start date. Example:

If you want someone to buy gold that you are selling, you say "If you bought gold 20 years ago, it would have increased in price 350%"

If you are trying to sell someone stock and they want to buy gold, you say "If you bought gold 5 years ago, you lost 20%."

Oldest trick in the book.

You can prove anything by picking the correct start date.

Oldest trick in the book.

I didn't pick the date. Trump's dad did. There's a difference between a raw fact and a trick. It is to literally say "Look, here's what the average was for all publicly traded American corporations over this same time period. Did you do better than average or is it possible that you are mediocre?"

If we wanted to play a trick, we'd compare it to some other time period, like 1929. "Wow! Look how well he did in comparison to the Great Depression!"

You know who actually came from nothing working his way through college with his bare hands and earned his own fortune putting up buildings?

Gary Johnson. Then he climbed the highest mountain on every continent and became a two-term governor.

Who should I take more seriously as both a businessman and a man? Someone who knows what it's like for hard-working Americans to navigate adult life because he's been there and done it successfully or someone who appears to have roughly the same skill set as the ShamWow Guy?

Come on, Pete. We've talked enough that I know you're a smart guy. I've been a registered Republican all my adult life. I stuck with the party through all of it after 9/11 and worked on a number of Congressional campaigns in multiple states. I was asked to sign on to try to build some kind of New York operation for Johnson's Republican primary bid in 2012.

Surely, though, this time, whatever we've ignored over the years, we can both admit that this is a shameful farce that caters to the party's lowest common denominator. There's nobody left inside the party who doesn't realize this, just those who are keeping their mouths shut in the hopes of somehow coming out of this on top. If the Trump campaign is not some kind of elaborate hoax, I can only imagine what a living hell it is to work for him, while he keeps trying to drive the car off a cliff and accuses his staff of being crazy and insubordinate for repeatedly grabbing the wheel and forcing him to stay on the highway.

46341577.jpg

christie-what-have-i-done.jpg