Donald Trump running for President in 2016

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1.) He's not a political animal. Whatever his game is it may shake up the status quo. At least we have a 50/50 chance of better instread of more of the same.

2.) His immigration policy is better. ( i.e. We'll get back to you when we get what we;ve got straightened out. The US is closed for inventory).

3.) He doesn't seem to want to violate the US Constitution immediately upon entering office (ie: Hillary & the Brady Bill gang and attacking the 2nd Amendent). A president, governor, senator, congessman is supposed to PROTECT AND DEFEND the Constitution and Bill of Rights - not chop it up.

4.) He's not a Democrat . . . at least not in a few years.

5.) He hasn't made a lot of promises to get where he is in politics.

Trump won’t start WWIII. Trump has been the most vocal opponent of military adventurism. He has suggested he will take the fight to ISIS, but Trump has been insistent in his belief that the Iraq war was a mistake, that American blood has been shed in a misguided attempt to restructure the Middle East, and that a real conservative American foreign policy would place American interests first, ahead of those of foreign nations. Trump’s foreign policy would be closest to the founding generation’s desire for peaceful neutrality. As a businessman, Trump understands that peace produces prosperity, both for the American federal republic and the people who reside here.

He's loud and crude sometimes, but not a warmonger. We've had the same foreign policy for 30 years, regardless which party was in charge, and look at what's happening now in the Middle East. That's Trump's fault? He's the only one that hasn't had a hand in it besides Bernie Sanders.

And you just......BELIEVE him???

He wants to initiate a historic trade war that will plunge the world into another depression. NOT a warmonger?

Ok, sure. Exactly what will it take to destroy ISIS? What will be left in it's place? Ceratinly not another jihadist group even more bent on killing the Great Satan right?

People talk about "decimating ISIS" like there's actually a way to stop Muslim jihad that's been ongoing since Islam was founded.

He was for the invasion before he was against it.

There's no longer such a thing as "peaceful neutrality." There never will be as long as we support Israel. Impossible.

Wartime produces large scale explosions in industry....like WWII.

Cheney and his pals got INSANELY wealthy in Iraq.

The only reason he hasn't has a hand in anything political is because he HASN'T EVER DONE ANYTHING BUT SCREW PEOPLE OVER and get rich. He gloated over making money in the Crash of '08.

I don't like my 50/50 chances of him dropping nukes on Europe or Syria.

Shake up the status quo? Be careful what you ask for because there are no do-overs.

Immigration? Sure, get a better policy. Building a wall (or talking about it) is just grandstanding over something really stupid and worthless. Banning Muslims is also stupid. Even Pence said it was unconstitutional and offensive. Well, before he sold out he did.

See the above comment and his insistence on torturing people in regards to upholding the Constitution. He knew nothing about a year ago and his recent comments about part of it that doesn't even exist is proof he hasn't bothered to try learning.

He hasn't made any promises that YOU KNOW OF. He's the best Dealmaker in the world. Just ask him. I guarantee you he's dealing like a demon right now in the back rooms of that convention hall.

And you just......BELIEVE him???

He wants to initiate a historic trade war that will plunge the world into another depression. NOT a warmonger?

It's not about belief, it's a review of his past actions and statements prior to his run for president. Actions speak louder than words and Hillary has shown she like to engage in nation building. Trump has been vocal in his distaste of military intervention involving regime change.

Your 50/50 "belief" has no factual base.

The TPP is a horrible deal for average Americans. Hillary still cheers for it behind the scenes, Trump opposes it.

I don't like my 50/50 chances of him dropping nukes on Europe or Syria.

See the above comment and his insistence on torturing people in regards to upholding the Constitution. He knew nothing about a year ago and his recent comments about part of it that doesn't even exist is proof he hasn't bothered to try learning.

See - 50% bad & 50% good in your example.

Torture wasn't among my list, but . . .

We (USA) was torturing people less than ten years ago . . . currently according to some sources. Last I knew we still waterboard the students of the SERE training school (for downed pilot training) so they will be ready when they get out of the US and into the real world. Yes, we have the high ground. But war is all about bad things happening to innocent people; and hopefully worse things happening to awful people.

Solitary confinement is torture. Sleep deprivation and harsh questioning is torture. Diet control can be torture. (Have a ham sandwich, Achmed). Seperating soldiers from their families is torture. Life is hard, harsh and sometimes short.

It's not about belief, it's a review of his past actions and statements prior to his run for president. Actions speak louder than words and Hillary has shown she like to engage in nation building. Trump has been vocal in his distaste of military intervention involving regime change.

Your 50/50 "belief" has no factual base.

The TPP is a horrible deal for average Americans. Hillary still cheers for it behind the scenes, Trump opposes it.

If he's done nothing in his life politically, what's to assess?

What actions?

OF COURSE it's easier to criticize Hillary on her record. SHE HAS ONE.

He flip flops so much America's head is spinning. How can anyone quote him on what he stands for? There's no there there, not a single detail on how he plans to make us all great again....as if we ever stopped being so.

I was using FS's 50/50. By the time we find out we've lost the 50/50 odds of nuclear war, it's a bit too late.

See - 50% bad & 50% good in your example.

Torture wasn't among my list, but . . .

We (USA) was torturing people less than ten years ago . . . currently according to some sources. Last I knew we still waterboard the students of the SERE training school (for downed pilot training) so they will be ready when they get out of the US and into the real world. Yes, we have the high ground. But war is all about bad things happening to innocent people; and hopefully worse things happening to awful people.

Solitary confinement is torture. Sleep deprivation and harsh questioning is torture. Diet control can be torture. (Have a ham sandwich, Achmed). Seperating soldiers from their families is torture. Life is hard, harsh and sometimes short.

Not talking about torture. I'm talking about his total and fundamental ignorance and apathy towards the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Granted, not all Presidents are Constitutional scholars, but they at least listened and cared to learn from those who were (Nixon excluded). A year in and Drumpf shows no such proclivity.

-- snip --

Not talking about torture. I'm talking about his total and fundamental ignorance and apathy towards the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

I don't think the plan was to torture US citizens.

Which Geneva Conventions (the US never ratified #2 & 3 out of 4)? If a "soldier" is captured committing acts of murder or sabotage, and is out of uniform, from a country that has not offficially declared war on the US, then it is terrorism and not applicable to Geneva Conventions 1 through 4.

Wow. There is no end to the fear mongering is there?

" Are you safer than you were 8 years ago".

Yep. The whole 8 years. Remember GWB and 9/11, anyone?

Not a single one of them has a lick of conscience or shred of shame.

They'll say ANYTHING to keep the hated Dems out of office.

If there's no internal sense of control now, what self-control will they have IN office?

We've watched a rabid, hate-filled Congress stifle everything that isn't their idea for 8 years.

At some point, the voting public is gonna get it: we don't want MORE hate politics. Division is the obstacle to progress, not Democrats.

It's like they insist on handing the door keys to Hillary here in July by spreading the same fertilizer we've all smelled for 8 years of Obama and 8 years of Bill in the 90's.

I can't wait to see what Alice-in-Wonderland ideas Gingrich will come up with. SNL couldn't write stuff better than this.

Nice speech Melania.

You could tell that you and that fifth grader spent weeks and weeks working on it. I'll bet it came in handy that there were no adjectives in it, nor anything that your husband has actually DONE.

"See Donald run. See Melania see Donald run.

We have money. Thank you and Goodnight."

Watched 95% of the RNC today on PBS, Fox and CNN. I didn't hear one idea, strategy, or plan on anything. Not one.

If you want me, or anyone with a brain to consider Trump, he needs to start talking to the people who are paying attention about ideas, strategy and plans. All he says is, "big", "huge", "very", and sometimes "really" ahead of the a foremention words, every other phrase. I'm not dumb or stupid and most learned their lesson about presidents like Trump (GWB), so please enlighten me.

Somebody please explain the logic behind voting for Trump, and don't mention Hillary. Tell me about his vision and what specifically he will do to make America Great/Safe Again? Again, focus on what Trump will do without mentioning Hillary. He should be able to stand alone without any comparison to anybody else? I need to understand.

Watched 95% of the RNC today on PBS, Fox and CNN. I didn't hear one idea, strategy, or plan on anything. Not one.

If you want me, or anyone with a brain to consider Trump, he needs to start talking to the people who are paying attention about ideas, strategy and plans. All he says is, "big", "huge", "very", and sometimes "really" ahead of the a foremention words, every other phrase. I'm not dumb or stupid and most learned their lesson about presidents like Trump (GWB), so please enlighten me.

Somebody please explain the logic behind voting for Trump, and don't mention Hillary. Tell me about his vision and what specifically he will do to make America Great/Safe Again? Again, focus on what Trump will do without mentioning Hillary. He should be able to stand alone without any comparison to anybody else? I need to understand.

If you get a reply that includes ANY specifics about a Drumpf Plan on any of the 3-4 issues he's addressed, please, PLEASE find me here and inform me. PM me if you have to.

I've been asking for the meat and potatoes of a plan for months and months now and haven't seen any indication there's any coming even during this convention.

This just in:

Melania's speech tonight was directly and clearly plaigarized from one made by Michele O. in 2012.

Major fail.

Big Blunder.

She spent 5-6 days on it and THIS is what she and her team come up with? Did they think no one would notice?

Is this what we should expect the rest of this week: more stumblin', bumblin', rumblin' through the whole event?

She talked about teaching good, lasting values to our next generations. I guess the Drumpf's plan is to teach them how to cheat.

Again, right out of the SNL Playbook.

Let's see what Tuesday's bumblefunk will bring.