RIP Tom Petty, I'm not kidding, CBS reports

19April1775

Dammit this sucks, love that guy.

Tom Petty, the rocker best known as the frontman of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, is dead at 66, CBS News has confirmed.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tom-petty-legendary-rocker-is-dead-at-66/

RIP love this song....

I could listen to him all day long. Bums me the fuck out big time. Such is life though. Have to suck it up.

As of 5:27 EDT, Tom Petty's status remains unclear. He's either dead, or still alive in a hospital. Let's hope for the latter.

I just saw this, CBS had to retract and say they can't confirm his death. Doesn't sound good though so either way it sucks.

I saw him a couple of decades ago. I didn’t know much about him at the time. The warmup band was really good and I wondered if they were stealing the show. Tom Petty came out and totally killed that idea. From the second he took the stage, there was no question who was the star of this show - and why! I’ve been a convert ever since. RIP Tom Petty...

^ I was at that show too. It was one of the few arena shows that had assigned floor seating. I was in the 4th or fifth row and ended up moving off of the floor because everyone in the front rows decided to stand. I also seem to recall a rocking opening band. According to setlist.fm the opening act is listed as Chris Whitley and the song Wicked Games. Wicked Games is Chris Issac but to tell you the truth, I don't remember seeing Chris Issac....I honestly can't remember who opened...for some reason I thought it was a hair band like Ratt.

BTW that show was October 11th 1991, Into the Great Wide Open tour.

I never got to see Chuck Berry but my Dad did. Nevertheless, he said this is the way it was...(starts at the Chuck Berry scene)

post edit^- :) This was the first movie I ever saw that did not have a happy resolution. I remember my brother and I staring at each other mouths agape while the credits rolled by. Our dad explained the function of the IRS on that walk home, among other things.

I saw on FB that Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers performed at the old TC Jets stadium where the hotel is now sometime in the early 80's I am assuming?. I find that incredibly fascinating on so many levels. I am shocked I never heard that before.

Did any of you go to that?

I saw on FB that Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers performed at the old TC Jets stadium where the hotel is now sometime in the early 80's I am assuming?. I find that incredibly fascinating on so many levels. I am shocked I never heard that before.

Did any of you go to that?

I saw that, too, and wondered how the heck I missed it.

Someone posted the pic and a newstory, and it said 7/30/78, and it was supposed to be a big concert that no one showed up for.

I saw that, too, and wondered how the heck I missed it.

Someone posted the pic and a newstory, and it said 7/30/78, and it was supposed to be a big concert that no one showed up for.

I don't recall a Tom Petty concert here in '78 ( even if I wasn't allowed to go) I do know my brother bought me the Damn the Torpedos album for Christmas that year. I bought him The Cars. I remember Foreigner cancelling and Foghat and BOC concerts that year I wasn't allowed to attend...but my cousin John from PA went. MOM!!!! :angry::lol:

Archived