Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
YankeeDoodle

Stores Requiring Wearing of Face Masks - Have Existing NYS Laws Been Rescinded?

Recommended Posts

I'm reading that stores around the country, besides limiting the number of people who can shop at one time, and besides limiting access to only one member of a family at a time (people are now letting their kids play and run around unattended in the parking lots, nearly getting run over), are now refusing access to anyone not wearing some form of face covering.

Whether or not that mask is really effective or not.

Face coverings were often voiced by some people as a concern in the past, as existing laws in some states were not enforced when Antifa was harassing and attacking people.

Unless I missed it, I have not heard of government officials or police suspending existing laws on the subject.

For example, does forcing people to wear a mask to go shopping violate New York State Penal Code Section 240.35?

"4. Being masked or in any manner disguised by unusual or unnatural attire or facial alteration, loiters, remains or congregates in a public place with other persons so masked or disguised, or knowingly permits or aids persons so masked or disguised to congregate in a public place; except that such conduct is not unlawful when it occurs in connection with a masquerade party or like entertainment if, when such entertainment is held in a city which has promulgated regulations in connection with such affairs, permission is first obtained from the police or other appropriate authorities."

Just curious.

Because if the State or local officials did not issue an override, then you could theoretically challenge any store that stops you by telling them that their rule is in violation of NYS law.

 

Just like I heard of some people who are challenging stores that are taking forehead temperatures before allowing access. Since the stores usually have video cameras recording everyone outside the stores, and as such have a record of everyone who passes or fails such temperature tests, are the stores then in compliance with all HIPAA regulations?

 

And yes, I like to use existing bureaucracy to screw with the system.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, YankeeDoodle said:

I'm reading that stores around the country, besides limiting the number of people who can shop at one time, and besides limiting access to only one member of a family at a time (people are now letting their kids play and run around unattended in the parking lots, nearly getting run over), are now refusing access to anyone not wearing some form of face covering.

Whether or not that mask is really effective or not.

Face coverings were often voiced by some people as a concern in the past, as existing laws in some states were not enforced when Antifa was harassing and attacking people.

Unless I missed it, I have not heard of government officials or police suspending existing laws on the subject.

For example, does forcing people to wear a mask to go shopping violate New York State Penal Code Section 240.35?

"4. Being masked or in any manner disguised by unusual or unnatural attire or facial alteration, loiters, remains or congregates in a public place with other persons so masked or disguised, or knowingly permits or aids persons so masked or disguised to congregate in a public place; except that such conduct is not unlawful when it occurs in connection with a masquerade party or like entertainment if, when such entertainment is held in a city which has promulgated regulations in connection with such affairs, permission is first obtained from the police or other appropriate authorities."

Just curious.

Because if the State or local officials did not issue an override, then you could theoretically challenge any store that stops you by telling them that their rule is in violation of NYS law.

 

Just like I heard of some people who are challenging stores that are taking forehead temperatures before allowing access. Since the stores usually have video cameras recording everyone outside the stores, and as such have a record of everyone who passes or fails such temperature tests, are the stores then in compliance with all HIPAA regulations?

 

And yes, I like to use existing bureaucracy to screw with the system.

 


anyone who isn’t wearing a mask out in public is showing their dumbness.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, JoeTheDrunk said:


anyone who isn’t wearing a mask out in public is showing their dumbness.

 

You might want to read what the FDA has to say about face masks, as compared to respirators:

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/personal-protective-equipment-infection-control/n95-respirators-and-surgical-masks-face-masks

 

A face mask, which is what most people are wearing - especially those who make their own - is described by the FDA as such:

"A surgical mask is a loose-fitting, disposable device that creates a physical barrier between the mouth and nose of the wearer and potential contaminants in the immediate environment. These are often referred to as face masks, although not all face masks are regulated as surgical masks. Note that the edges of the mask are not designed to form a seal around the nose and mouth."

The FDA says this about the often-discussed N95 respirator. Notice that they make a distinction between a "regular" one (ie,  one you might get at Lowes) and a surgical one:

"An N95 respirator is a respiratory protective device designed to achieve a very close facial fit and very efficient filtration of airborne particles. Note that the edges of the respirator are designed to form a seal around the nose and mouth. Surgical N95 Respirators are commonly used in healthcare settings and are a subset of N95 Filtering Facepiece Respirators (FFRs), often referred to as N95s."

As for the filtration capability, the FDA says this about N95s:

"The 'N95' designation means that when subjected to careful testing, the respirator blocks at least 95 percent of very small (0.3 micron) test particles. If properly fitted, the filtration capabilities of N95 respirators exceed those of face masks. However, even a properly fitted N95 respirator does not completely eliminate the risk of illness or death."

 

Does what you are wearing - or the average person - totally seal off the nose and mouth?

Does it filter down to 0.3 microns?

 

If not, then the safety you are exercising is the equivalent of the old joke about the lax person working on the roof of a four-story office building. His supervisor came by and chastised him for not having a harness on, telling him that he must be secured in some manner to the roof.

So he got a 100-foot rope, tied one end around his waist and the other end to a large eye bolt screwed into the roof right where he was working. Problem solved, he thought!

 

If the joke went over your head, what is the height of a floor in a typical office building? Then multiply by four.

 

Wearing a mask in public does not indicate being a safe person. Rather simply a compliant, obedient and non-thinking one.  Or one beaten into submission by all of the Mrs. Kravitzes around them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's common sense. Wear the face covering. Leave the kids home or in car. You don't need whole family in store and neither do the other shoppers. Think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will not wear the mask. 
 

I will not eat the bugs. 
 

I will not live in the pod. 
 

I will not get the shot.  
 

I will not show my papers.  

 

I will not surrender my guns.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Wilfrid Laurier said:

Or, they just aren't buying into the bullshit the government is selling.

In the case of covid you are simply wrong. My cousin waited in the car while her husband shopped at Wegman's. She saw a family with 4 kids enter Wegman's. No PPE whatsoever. That's just wrong too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, thomas said:

In the case of covid you are simply wrong. My cousin waited in the car while her husband shopped at Wegman's. She saw a family with 4 kids enter Wegman's. No PPE whatsoever. That's just wrong too.

Am I?

How about during the Flu season? Do you run and hide during that as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are some people that ignorant about staying alive??????  Don't be an asshole thinking that you can't get it. Cover up do what you think you should do ,but don't put me and the rest of my family in jeopardy. I refuse to go out unless i have to. I'm to old for this shit!!!. But from what i see in stores and other places, you PEOPLE DON'T GIVE A THOUSAND SHITS. We are in survivor mode. How about we act like it and not take this as a joke. Corona does not care who you are what ethnic you are and of religion.  If we would have taken this threat a lot sooner we mightnot have been in this cold war. But here it it is. It is now up to us to fight STAY away and abide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

5-BBCED64-D929-44-A6-BA69-7-D89-AB6-D0-D

 

Has anyone noticed that, as more and more people start to question the narrative, that new "symptoms" are being discovered?

Starting Friday night on Drudge, one of the top stories is "Patients report strange new symptom: Fizzing...". An electric, buzzing feeling on the skin. So bad that one patient described it that “his skin felt like it was burning.”
https://nypost.com/2020/04/10/coronavirus-patients-report-strange-new-symptom-fizzing/

How strange.

Equally strange . . . you know how the "tin foil hat conspiracy theorists" claim that many of the Covid-19 systems are caused or exasperated by 5G signals?  And how they claim claim that 5G operates in the same frequency as military weapons?

Let's see what EMR Australia, which bills itself as "Australia's leading source of electromagnetic radiation information, services and products" has to say about this:

5G Will Use the Same Frequencies as Pain-Inflicting Military Weapon
27-Apr-2019

What does the 5G network and a non-lethal weapon developed by the military have in common? The Department of Defense has developed a non-lethal crowd control device called theActive Denial System (ADS). The ADS works by firing a high-powered beam of 95 GHz waves at a target—that is, millimeter wavelengths. Anyone caught in the beam will feel like their skin is burning. The burning sensation stops once the target leaves the beam.This weapon operates on 95GHz waves and 5G will operate on the same frequencies.

http://www.emraustralia.com.au/announcements/5g-will-use-the-same-frequencies-as-pain-inflicting-military-weapon

 

T-Moble started rolling out 5G service in New York City around June 2019. Verizon turned their NYC 5G network on at the end of September 2019.

China turned on their 5G networks around November 2019.


Cause or exasperation of a virus that for all intents and purposes has the same infection and mortality rate as any other respiratory virus?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, snowman60 said:

Are some people that ignorant about staying alive??????  Don't be an asshole thinking that you can't get it. Cover up do what you think you should do ,but don't put me and the rest of my family in jeopardy. I refuse to go out unless i have to. I'm to old for this shit!!!. But from what i see in stores and other places, you PEOPLE DON'T GIVE A THOUSAND SHITS. We are in survivor mode. How about we act like it and not take this as a joke. Corona does not care who you are what ethnic you are and of religion.  If we would have taken this threat a lot sooner we mightnot have been in this cold war. But here it it is. It is now up to us to fight STAY away and abide.

In addition to a mask, do you wear sealed eye protection?

We're told that the virus spreads through and can remain in the air for some time. Several reports & studies have said that, in addition to the mouth and nose, the virus can enter through your eyes too.

Therefore, if a person wants to be truly safe, I guess they need eye goggles as well.

Perhaps a full-face helmet is in order. 

Yes, we all need to look like a NASCAR driver from now on to fully stop the spread of the virus.

Just make sure to thoroughly disinfect the helmet when you get home, and leave it in your garage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In addition to your remark, Stop with the excuses and do the right thing. Oh wait , we are in broome county no one has a clue STOP with the political remarks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Protect yourself. Stay home, protect your family, and cover. I don't believe i need to say anything more to the political assholes who don't care on this web site

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, YankeeDoodle said:

 

Has anyone noticed that, as more and more people start to question the narrative, that new "symptoms" are being discovered?

Starting Friday night on Drudge, one of the top stories is "Patients report strange new symptom: Fizzing...". An electric, buzzing feeling on the skin. So bad that one patient described it that “his skin felt like it was burning.”
https://nypost.com/2020/04/10/coronavirus-patients-report-strange-new-symptom-fizzing/

How strange.

Equally strange . . . you know how the "tin foil hat conspiracy theorists" claim that many of the Covid-19 systems are caused or exasperated by 5G signals?  And how they claim claim that 5G operates in the same frequency as military weapons?

Let's see what EMR Australia, which bills itself as "Australia's leading source of electromagnetic radiation information, services and products" has to say about this:

5G Will Use the Same Frequencies as Pain-Inflicting Military Weapon
27-Apr-2019

What does the 5G network and a non-lethal weapon developed by the military have in common? The Department of Defense has developed a non-lethal crowd control device called theActive Denial System (ADS). The ADS works by firing a high-powered beam of 95 GHz waves at a target—that is, millimeter wavelengths. Anyone caught in the beam will feel like their skin is burning. The burning sensation stops once the target leaves the beam.This weapon operates on 95GHz waves and 5G will operate on the same frequencies.

http://www.emraustralia.com.au/announcements/5g-will-use-the-same-frequencies-as-pain-inflicting-military-weapon

 

T-Moble started rolling out 5G service in New York City around June 2019. Verizon turned their NYC 5G network on at the end of September 2019.

China turned on their 5G networks around November 2019.


Cause or exasperation of a virus that for all intents and purposes has the same infection and mortality rate as any other respiratory virus?

re fizzing....that is exactly what acute inflammation feels like. you have to remember, your body has lymphocytes everywhere. those lymphocytes are on double duty with this virus couple with CYTOKINES fever and dehydration. most people would just describe this as burning.., oh, he did describe this as burning :) 

cyto=cell kine=movement...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Police in Philadelphia throw a man off a bus for not wearing a mask

How does Philadelphia and every other jurisdiction in the world find people who are willing to be cops that will function as Jack-Booted Thugs? And how does a society devolve into a collection of snitches in 6 weeks? Were we ever actually free?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, YankeeDoodle said:

In addition to a mask, do you wear sealed eye protection?

We're told that the virus spreads through and can remain in the air for some time. Several reports & studies have said that, in addition to the mouth and nose, the virus can enter through your eyes too.

Therefore, if a person wants to be truly safe, I guess they need eye goggles as well.

Perhaps a full-face helmet is in order. 

Yes, we all need to look like a NASCAR driver from now on to fully stop the spread of the virus.

Just make sure to thoroughly disinfect the helmet when you get home, and leave it in your garage.

This seems to be the only acceptable mask I could find for my wife. I’ll make sure she wears this during our next Wegman’s run. Although I may have to walk her around the store in a leash so she can maneuver safely. 
 

B085-C069-1-CEE-4-C32-86-D2-8-D74-B324-C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Property & Casualty said:

I will not wear the mask. 
 

I will not eat the bugs. 
 

I will not live in the pod. 
 

I will not get the shot.  
 

I will not show my papers.  

 

I will not surrender my guns.  

DITTO!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Garnar needs to ban facial hair next. Ya see, facial hair doesn’t allow the masks to seat close to the mouth and nose, don’t ya know. Those trendy beards aren’t flattening the curve. 
 

Only thing we have to fear, is fear itself. Or something like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

200+ years of liberty & freedom are being flushed down the toilet. Bill Gates wants mandatory vaccine w/ digital ID. Was a virus unleashed to strip us of our freedom?! 

Bill Gates’ Microsoft software can’t stop most novel viruses. His parents had ties to IBM and Thomas Watson. The same Watson / IBM who collaborated with Nazi Germany.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

This seems to be the only acceptable mask I could find for my wife. I’ll make sure she wears this during our next Wegman’s run. Although I may have to walk her around the store in a leash so she can maneuver safely. 
 

B085-C069-1-CEE-4-C32-86-D2-8-D74-B324-C


Full body suit. Covers the needs - eye protection is an added plus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

200+ years of liberty & freedom are being flushed down the toilet. Bill Gates wants mandatory vaccine w/ digital ID. Was a virus unleashed to strip us of our freedom?! 

In my travels of learning about freedom vs government throughout history I remember someone somewhere making the point that in our times MEDICAL TYRANNY was what we should fear most. And look what just happened. Half the country swarmed to it like flies on shit. We need to recognize that and learn from it folks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DanCooper said:

Bill Gates’ Microsoft software can’t stop most novel viruses. His parents had ties to IBM and Thomas Watson. The same Watson / IBM who collaborated with Nazi Germany.

Robert F Kennedy Jr had this great line "Bill Gates couldn't even save Windows from Viruses, he needs to sit down"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×