No to schools opening!!!!

snowman60

Just something to think about?  So mom and dads have to figure out who stays home or works. Daycare is open. But, Think about this, 1500 a month for daycare, 20,000 a day for a respirator? And who are to to believe that one of your children won't bring it home? I say NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My daughter isn't exactly thrilled but her private school is opening and the students will be wearing masks. Their parents will be taking their temps before they come to school. Nothing will be shared. She isn't a teacher, she works in an executive capacity but she does plenty with the children and their parents so that's 450 kids and at least as many parents. She's hoping for a vaccine sooner rather than later.

50 minutes ago, ginger said:

My daughter isn't exactly thrilled but her private school is opening and the students will be wearing masks. Their parents will be taking their temps before they come to school. Nothing will be shared. She isn't a teacher, she works in an executive capacity but she does plenty with the children and their parents so that's 450 kids and at least as many parents. She's hoping for a vaccine sooner rather than later.

Parents will NOT take their kids temperatures, guaranteed.  Parents WILL send their kids to school even when they are sick.  I know this to be a fact.

I just saw on today's (WED) news that schools in the south are closing already due to the number of infected kids and adults.

3 hours ago, snowman60 said:

Really? Know wonder you have a "Maverick" name. Your head is in the clouds and with those sun glasses you can't see the problem

If someone in the child's family is immuno suppressed, the child should NOT go to school.  They should learn at home.

11 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

Parents will NOT take their kids temperatures, guaranteed.  Parents WILL send their kids to school even when they are sick.  I know this to be a fact.

I just saw on today's (WED) news that schools in the south are closing already due to the number of infected kids and adults.

lol Pete, these parents are not likely to jeopardize their child's admission to this school or create a situation where their child is ostracized.  And they certainly wouldn't risk their own status/reputations. 

1 hour ago, ginger said:

lol Pete, these parents are not likely to jeopardize their child's admission to this school or create a situation where their child is ostracized.  And they certainly wouldn't risk their own status/reputations. 

You of all people should know that if an infected kid is found, HIPAA will not allow the infected person to be identified.

Many parents have bad status or reputations and they don't care.

"The risk of complications for healthy children is higher for flu compared to COVID-19. However, infants and children with underlying medical conditions are at increased risk for both flu and COVID-19."

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/symptoms/flu-vs-covid19.htm

It's time for everyone to put their big boy and girl pants on.  The Flu is more problematic to children than Covid 19 is.

Do you hear that, Snowflake?

1 hour ago, Maverick said:

"The risk of complications for healthy children is higher for flu compared to COVID-19. However, infants and children with underlying medical conditions are at increased risk for both flu and COVID-19."

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/symptoms/flu-vs-covid19.htm

It's time for everyone to put their big boy and girl pants on.  The Flu is more problematic to children than Covid 19 is.

Do you hear that, Snowflake?

There was another tough guy on here just like you.  He wanted to get it just to prove how tough he was.

He is not on here anymore.  I wonder what happened to him.

1 hour ago, Maverick said:

So, you don't like facts? Refute what I posted.

Your logic is like saying that having a house fire contained to one room is better than your house burning down. You are dead wrong. YOU provide evidence that the science is wrong on this. Experts, not politicians or TV talking heads. 

Pete is spot on here. Time will tell.

1 hour ago, M_Sable said:

Your logic is like saying that having a house fire contained to one room is better than your house burning down. You are dead wrong. YOU provide evidence that the science is wrong on this. Experts, not politicians or TV talking heads. 

Agreed 100%!!! Maverick, take the glasses off and get your head out of your arse

2 hours ago, M_Sable said:

12 minutes ago, snowman60 said:

Agreed 100%!!! Maverick, take the glasses off and get your head out of your arse

No, actually you two need to open your eyes and stop cowering and live life.

Why is it that schools can't open but day cares being open is, and has been, fine.

Even our own County got into the day care business during this Pandemic!

29 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Why is it that schools can't open but day cares being open is, and has been, fine.

you two need to open your eyes and stop cowering

REALLY?????? well it looks like the posters seem to see it different. Take off your sunglasses so you can see

You know what i'm done arguing my point. Whether it be flu or corona  you don't send your children to school sick !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  PERIOD. You don't send them to be exposed to either flu or corona. There is no one that will change my mind on this

56 minutes ago, snowman60 said:

You know what i'm done arguing my point. Whether it be flu or corona  you don't send your children to school sick !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  PERIOD. You don't send them to be exposed to either flu or corona. There is no one that will change my mind on this

Yeah, and now you are moving the goalposts on your original post.

I don't think anyone would disagree that you don't send a sick kid to school. You never even insinuated that in your OP.

6 hours ago, Maverick said:

God gave us a brain with the expectation that we would use it. Not cowering...using this time to work on the property and gardens, home improvement projects, time with family and close friends.

Your take  on it shouts "me, me, me".