snowman60

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, PeteMoss said:

How many people did they test?  75% fewer?

I don't know. Why don't you tell us.

Sucks to see the numbers come down, huh?

Positive tests in the Southern Tier go from 0.5% to 0.2%. (That's 1 out of every 500 people tested turn up positive for those that are bad at math, which that percentage number will dwarf the Covid positive number for those "learning" from home)

https://forward.ny.gov/percentage-positive-results-region-dashboard

Just awful news.

So here we have "Maverick"  reading the Internet. You still haven't proved a point. Do you really believe the internet? I don't!!  Only because there is nothing to believe. Its all hear say!!! Show me the proof   you have none  and you know what neither do I I go by my gut I guess you being a greenhorn  i need to block you   See Ya

21 hours ago, snowman60 said:

So here we have "Maverick"  reading the Internet. You still haven't proved a point. Do you really believe the internet? I don't!!  Only because there is nothing to believe. Its all hear say!!! Show me the proof   you have none  and you know what neither do I I go by my gut I guess you being a greenhorn  i need to block you   See Ya

Yeah, you know, because Liberal NY State is going to show numbers going down.

Quit being a Simpleton.

1 hour ago, PeteMoss said:

BU students are back, more arrive next week.

BCC starts classes in 2 weeks.

We are gonna spike big time.  Hold on.

I hope Mayor David reinstates a curfew. 

I feel badly for our kids..band/ football camp...cheerleader camp...are we going to be able to host Tournament of Bands this year? Recalling the drama of PLOT last year...BTW..apparently, these are the only people allowed to congregate unsupervised, spreading their germs all over the damn state and yes I mean that in both concrete and metaphorical ways. Unsupervised you say? I didn't say it, Governor Cuomo did when he decided the 9/11 memorials were going to continue this year. He said state healthcare workers would monitor...lol, Community Policing

Where is our community policing for these BLM/PLOT events Mayor David?

12 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

BU students are back, more arrive next week.

BCC starts classes in 2 weeks.

We are gonna spike big time.  Hold on.

BU seems to have a solid plan for their on campus housing but it all falls apart once students start heading for the parties in west side mold infested "student housing", then back to their dorms or the few classes that aren't on line.

Starting this week, Upstate NY will be overrun by entire families from Hotspot towns like Queens bringing their kids to campuses, stores, hotels, restaurants and gas stations all over. Campuses will close up again before Halloween.

Remember when Santa Con and Parade Day were our biggest concerns? 

49 minutes ago, ThelmaHarper said:

BU seems to have a solid plan for their on campus housing but it all falls apart once students start heading for the parties in west side mold infested "student housing", then back to their dorms or the few classes that aren't on line.

Starting this week, Upstate NY will be overrun by entire families from Hotspot towns like Queens bringing their kids to campuses, stores, hotels, restaurants and gas stations all over. Campuses will close up again before Halloween.

Remember when Santa Con and Parade Day were our biggest concerns? 

Thanks for the reminder.  I have to go to Sam's club this week.  I will go early and miss the infected NYC people.

I see people every day out and about either going to work, going grocery shopping, going to the stores in Vestal and the Oakdale Mall plus other places too numerous to list here.  These people may have their children with them or they may be with other adults.  Most are wearing masks and there are a few who simply won't.  Point is people are not sheltering in place in their homes 24/7.  They are getting out and trying to have a life while adopting the "new normal" and social distancing.  Schools can open safely.  It may be a challenge at first but then again so is everything else.  Millions of people go to work every day and deal with strangers constantly.  Wearing a mask, keeping a 6 ft or more distance from others  and hand washing are key.  It is not foolproof.  Nothing is.  I say that if teachers don't want in person classes and only remote learning then they need to take a pay reduction.  Remote learning is not as effective as in person.  Everyone knows that.  

I have not seen any adequate COVID-19 data that is beneficial to anyone.  First of all, some states only allow testing if you exhibit symptoms.  Second of all, we are not being given data on deaths during the same time period that are not COVID-19 related.  We are not giving stats on ages, recoveries, immune factors and duplication of testing on individuals.  Some people in NYS have been tested weekly due to their employment in health care.  It seems like all the government wants to do is throw the death numbers and the testing numbers at us.

I agree with Maverick.  The schools will have to see what works and what doesn't.  Be assured though that if one student out of a hundred tests positive the whole school building will probably be shut down.  The virus is here.  We need to live with it until a vaccine can come along.  But keep in mind, a flue vaccine does not prevent the flu coming back year after year.  We need to stop shutting down people who do not live their daily lives in fear.  We need to work together not against.

2 hours ago, rightorwrong said:

Be assured though that if one student out of a hundred tests positive the whole school building will probably be shut down.

Then why take the chance? So now 100 kids are infected. I just don't get it

9 minutes ago, snowman60 said:

This is all happening just to make it look like the school districts are attempting to open.  They will try it, fail, then go back to online learning.

Some students and or staff will die or be severely affected by the virus and districts will be sued.

16 hours ago, snowman60 said:

Then you may as well keep the children shuttered in their homes and never let them out.  Also, the parents should remain indoors because they could carry the virus into the household.  They should not accept outside assistance nor receive mail or parcels without dousing the contents with 99.9% virus killing solution.  The virus will not go away until herd immunity is accomplished and that could take months or maybe years.  The point I was trying to make is that unless you are 110% willing not to go anywhere or accept anything into your home then the argument for keeping the school closed is a mute point.  I don't see that happening and neither do you.  There is no easy answer to this.  Until the government forces all of us to hunker down and hope for the best the virus will spread whether you are in a school building or shopping at a retail store for school supplies.  If you are going to keep schools closed then everything else needs to close down too.  You would not want that to happen.  Already our economy is in trouble.  Broome County was (again) lumped into the mindset that NYC is New York state.  My opinion is that if teachers continue remote learning then they need to take a salary reduction and we all know their powerful union will prevent that.

43 minutes ago, rightorwrong said:

Then you may as well keep the children shuttered in their homes and never let them out.  Also, the parents should remain indoors because they could carry the virus into the household.  They should not accept outside assistance nor receive mail or parcels without dousing the contents with 99.9% virus killing solution.  The virus will not go away until herd immunity is accomplished and that could take months or maybe years.  The point I was trying to make is that unless you are 110% willing not to go anywhere or accept anything into your home then the argument for keeping the school closed is a mute point.  I don't see that happening and neither do you.  There is no easy answer to this.  Until the government forces all of us to hunker down and hope for the best the virus will spread whether you are in a school building or shopping at a retail store for school supplies.  If you are going to keep schools closed then everything else needs to close down too.  You would not want that to happen.  Already our economy is in trouble.  Broome County was (again) lumped into the mindset that NYC is New York state.  My opinion is that if teachers continue remote learning then they need to take a salary reduction and we all know their powerful union will prevent that.

You have discussed too many issues for one post.

6 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

This is the best way to proceed.  There are too many unknowns.

Just wait until the kids eventually get back and the smart kids have to suffer because of the kids, and their parents, that didn't take on-line learning seriously and the canyon between the intelligent and the stupid grows even greater.

1 hour ago, M_Sable said:

The parents and kids that don't take on-line learning seriously probably aren't shining examples in class anyway 😏

It's not a matter of taking the classes seriously. It's a logistics matter. I think I mentioned a coworker and his wife have 4 children, toddler thru age 14...different computer programs, one laptop. The 14 yr old has several classes with different programing. They will be spending all day on lessons and he works 2 jobs.

3 hours ago, Maverick said:

Just wait until the kids eventually get back and the smart kids have to suffer because of the kids, and their parents, that didn't take on-line learning seriously and the canyon between the intelligent and the stupid grows even greater.

Hey, we agree on something.  It will even get worse.  The smart hard working students will soar through the online classes, lessons while the unmotivated students will lag even further behind.  The gap will widen.