BCVoice Poll: Brindisi or Tenney?

BinghamtonBill

BCVoice Poll: Brindisi or Tenney?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. BCVoice Poll: Brindisi or Tenney?

• Brindisi
    • Tenney

All valid concerns Pete - unfortunately voicing them on BCV is like whistling in the wind in terms of getting things changed.  What can be done to constructively drive things?  I've lived here for 68 years and have even been employed by one of the companies that "took care of me" so I can totally relate to your comments above.  Quite honestly I don;t think Claudia Tenney gives a rats ass about this end of her district - especially if she does end up winning and the Broome vote did not help her get there.  Unfortunately that's politics these days too - help those that helped you and screw the rest.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Nyrfan said:

nothing personal but you really have a pretty negative view on life in general it sounds like - what happened to cause that?  you do come across as a pretty intelligent person - and i'm not trying to bust your chops - feel free to take this discussion offline and drop me a note

Everyday, something is taken from me and given to other people. My labor, my money, my time. My good nature is continually assaulted and abused and I'm expected to bend over and say thank you sir may I have another. Help is always for somebody else but never for me when I need it. I am always on my own." IT IS WAS IT IS" That's what people say to me. You know how they say people who have nothing left are the most dangerous..I've been in that club for a long time.  # LOW BALLED

13 minutes ago, Nyrfan said:

hopefully they are a former employer period - out of business

That's a metaphor for how things work for me.You stole my vacation time...it is what it is, you raised my taxes so my mortgage is too high...it is what it is...I"m really in pain...it is what it is...I can keep going here you get the idea....

Specifically, when that organization wanted a $9 million dollar boost from the government I advocated for them...and I wasn't even working for them at the time. I was told they were a class organization with a solid reputation.

7 minutes ago, ginger said:

Everyday, something is taken from me and given to other people. My labor, my money, my time. My good nature is continually assaulted and abused and I'm expected to bend over and say thank you sir may I have another. Help is always for somebody else but never for me when I need it. I am always on my own." IT IS WAS IT IS" That's what people say to me. You know how they say people who have nothing left are the most dangerous..I've been in that club for a long time.  # LOW BALLED

Gerald Celente has a great quote.  "When people have nothing to lose, they lose it".

12 minutes ago, Nyrfan said:

All valid concerns Pete - unfortunately voicing them on BCV is like whistling in the wind in terms of getting things changed.  What can be done to constructively drive things?  I've lived here for 68 years and have even been employed by one of the companies that "took care of me" so I can totally relate to your comments above.  Quite honestly I don;t think Claudia Tenney gives a rats ass about this end of her district - especially if she does end up winning and the Broome vote did not help her get there.  Unfortunately that's politics these days too - help those that helped you and screw the rest.

You have a lot there I can react to.  However the Tenney statement is the most telling.

Pols help those who vote for  them.  The first time Libous won the state senate seat, he lost Broome but he won Tioga and that carried him to victory. After that he couldn't do enough for Tioga County.

WE never have a Federal rep from here.  We are the tail that gets wagged by the dog.  Cornwell could have made a difference but Trump finished him off.  If Tenney does lose to Brindissi, by a few votes, you can blame George Phillips who didn't even support her.

It's too bad Cornwell didn;t go for that job - I would have supported him in a minute -in my opinion he was a guy that is focused on results not on the political games (I could be wrong but that is how I see it).  Was disappointed he lost the judgeship as well.  He seems like a decent guy.  For what it is worth I was at a couple of events (not campaign events) with Brindisi and he seemed like he really did care - either he did or he is a good actor.  I will say that I went to the same school as Tenney and I am embarrassed to admit that. :)

22 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

Gerald Celente has a great quote.  "When people have nothing to lose, they lose it".

lol...there's also a saying...I don't know who said it..."When I come looking for you, you'll know it."

32 minutes ago, ginger said:

My former employer stole my vacation time...I think that sums things up nicely. 

30 minutes ago, Nyrfan said:

hopefully they are a former employer period - out of business

I might also add it's a metaphor for this election....you stole this election...IT IS WHAT IT IS.

THE QUESTION IS, WHAT IS PLAN B?

OH I HAVE TIME TO DAY DREAM FOR ONE SECOND...Plan B....President Trump vacates the White House and builds his" library" on the Seven Springs Property. He moves in to the house there and sets up a government for his constituents...it'll be federal land...:) LUCKY US, President Trump owns lots of property and we all move onto his property...SINCE HE OWNS PROPERTY ALL OVER THE WORLD, HE COULD ACTUALLY BUILD THE FIRST GLOBAL ECONOMY/GOVERNMENT.

#dreaming big league

Id say Broome County is center-left politically overall, atleast in state and federal elections. The most recent voter registration count I've seen has Dems with a slight enrollment advantage of 43,000 to 40,000.

Broome was one of 206 pivot counties in the country to vote Obama twice and then pivot to Trump in 2016 which broke a long running streak since 1984 of voting for the democratic presidential candidate. On the state level, Cuomo won in 2010 and 2014, but then flipped red in 2018 for Molinaro.

2 hours ago, DanCooper said:

55 votes found in Chenango County. Son of a bitch, what do ya know.

Found votes a month later. I knew all of this was going to happen when they decided to get rid of our old voting machines...we can't make parts for them, What a bunch of BS. Oh the tool and dye makers are too busy...sure they are. Well now I think the government should make America great again and find somebody to build a better voting machine like the ones we used to have. 

1 hour ago, PeteMoss said:

So who is ahead now?

Last campaign email I saw said Tenney at -12. From 28,000 f***ing plus on election night to -12, A MONTH LATER. Yeah right. Fraud is alive and well in New York. What a joke. No way Cuomo is the legitimate Governor knowing everything we know now. 

I actually used to have some level of faith in our ability to run elections with a minimum of mistakes. I now have zero. For Christ's sake...55 ballots didn't get counted because they came in during early voting and never got counted? Do they give IQ tests to the people who run these elections? How hard is it, really? The envelope is in your hand. You open the envelope and pull out the ballot inside. You read what it says on the ballot. You put that ballot in one pile. Rinse and repeat. You end up with two piles of ballots. The bigger pile wins, assuming all the ballots are legitimate. You have a poll watcher from each party sitting next to you. They each get a chance to look over the ballot for any problems. Everyone decides which ballots are good to go and which are not. Maybe have a judge look at the ones nobody could agree on. And you get the damn counting done on ELECTION DAY. Not a MONTH later.

2 hours ago, Common Sense said:

I actually used to have some level of faith in our ability to run elections with a minimum of mistakes. I now have zero. For Christ's sake...55 ballots didn't get counted because they came in during early voting and never got counted? Do they give IQ tests to the people who run these elections? How hard is it, really? The envelope is in your hand. You open the envelope and pull out the ballot inside. You read what it says on the ballot. You put that ballot in one pile. Rinse and repeat. You end up with two piles of ballots. The bigger pile wins, assuming all the ballots are legitimate. You have a poll watcher from each party sitting next to you. They each get a chance to look over the ballot for any problems. Everyone decides which ballots are good to go and which are not. Maybe have a judge look at the ones nobody could agree on. And you get the damn counting done on ELECTION DAY. Not a MONTH later.

Remember, you can't separate the ballots into 2 piles because there are multiple candidates on each ballot.

This election certainly highlights the need for true election reform. 55 uncounted ballots suddenly appear and only 44 of them are from registered voters, how do 11 ballots get to people who are not even registered voters.  Countries around the world must be laughing at the United States for the joke this election has become, it is truly without any credibility.

^^^Well my first clue was the last election when somebody showed up at my relocated polling place at the Methodist Church on Chenango Street in her baby blue night gown, fuzzy robe and blue fuzzy scuffs. I gotta wonder who paid her to get out of bed. Oh sorry, it might have been a he /she /they...probably a they.