Why are Dems rejecting Republican stimulus offers?

thomas

Oh good morning. Early day for me. The democrats are cheapskates who think everyone should go barefoot. Crappy ACA healthcare, while they have the best of everything?  I don't have time for more examples because I have to get myself to work but compare President Trump's attempts to help people to previous presidents... Nancy and her freezer full of ice cream...

Blast from the past...

Most likely it's because the Dems are trying to cram all sorts of pork and changes to government into the bill that have nothing at all to do with the stimulus (just like both sides have done for years, with things like the annual Defense Appropriations bill).

And if the Reps and Trump don't go along and allow them to get their way, they'll use their media cronies to try to toss the blame away from them.

The problem is, they are so arrogant, that even some media now don't want to be a part of it.

They've never dealt with a Republican that is willing to play hardball, someone who doesn't cave to the media, so the Dems don't know what to do. So they're freaking out.

I'm not a fan of Pelosi at all, I think she should step down, but let's be real. The House passed another stimulus bill months ago and it's been sitting in the Senate ever since then. Trump likes to run his mouth demanding things, with no clue on what he's demanding, but right now it's the Senate that's holding it up, not the Dems.

Just last month Moscow Mitch said the stimulus bill amount was too high. Even the WH worked with the House on a new bill, all while the Senate sat around and did nothing. All the Senate is worried about is ramming through an unfit Supreme Court nominee. They only started to talk about it yesterday, after Trump berated them for doing nothing.

8 minutes ago, binghamtonian said:

All the Senate is worried about is ramming through an unfit Supreme Court nominee. They only started to talk about it yesterday, after Trump berated them for doing nothing.

Purely out of curiosity, why, specifically, do you consider her unfit?

I can understand the argument that both parties should put off these nominations when elections are near out of decency, but I'd like to hear why she's a poor nominee.

Republicans think trumps offer of 1.8 trillion is too high and Pelosi thinks it’s too low. Dems have many requests in their bill that have nothing to do with the virus. I keep hearing that republicans will go along with Trump and what he wants but Mcconnell is not on the same page as trump. October 19th Monday senate will hold a vote on a 500 billion dollar relief bill but I believe between now and then Trump and Steve M. Will come to an agreement with the Dems behind close doors. 

1 hour ago, binghamtonian said:

I'm not a fan of Pelosi at all, I think she should step down, but let's be real. The House passed another stimulus bill months ago and it's been sitting in the Senate ever since then. Trump likes to run his mouth demanding things, with no clue on what he's demanding, but right now it's the Senate that's holding it up, not the Dems.

Just last month Moscow Mitch said the stimulus bill amount was too high. Even the WH worked with the House on a new bill, all while the Senate sat around and did nothing. All the Senate is worried about is ramming through an unfit Supreme Court nominee. They only started to talk about it yesterday, after Trump berated them for doing nothing.

That bill from the house is so loaded up with pork it’s not even funny.  Trump has said that if they send him just the stimulus minus the pork then he’d sign it.  Where’s Nancy now? 

1 hour ago, binghamtonian said:

Must be you forgot how Nancy and Chuckie reacted when at a meeting with Our President, with Press recording the meeting, when Trump said they could do some negotiation right then.

For some reason both democrats felt the need to negotiate in secret rather than let Americans know how ridiculous their demands were, and still are.

But you keep at it big boy, you odds are you will say something sensible some day.Until then, well, you have a Blessed day

6 hours ago, Bingoloid said:

Purely out of curiosity, why, specifically, do you consider her unfit?

I can understand the argument that both parties should put off these nominations when elections are near out of decency, but I'd like to hear why she's a poor nominee.

I've been avoiding emails longer than she's been a judge.

She stated "My personal church affiliation or my religious belief would not bear on the discharge of my duties as a judge", yet she's also said that any Catholic judge should recuse themselves from any cases that involve the death penalty due to their moral objections to the death penalty. Was she peaking for all Catholics? Why the double standard?

Also look at her in today's hearing when Sen. Sasse asked her about the 5 freedoms of the First Amendment, she didn't couldn't name them all.

She's already been caught withholding information from her formal questionnaire. She claims that she's an originalist, but given how we're 200+ years since the Constitution was written times have changed, as have laws to reflect the change in society, technology and science. You can't be a strict originalist and be a fair judge in our current society. Then there's that creepy society she's a member of.

5 hours ago, JB 2 said:

Must be you forgot how Nancy and Chuckie reacted when at a meeting with Our President, with Press recording the meeting, when Trump said they could do some negotiation right then.

For some reason both democrats felt the need to negotiate in secret rather than let Americans know how ridiculous their demands were, and still are.

But you keep at it big boy, you odds are you will say something sensible some day.Until then, well, you have a Blessed day

The stuff you come up with is truly amazing. You should become an author, your works of fiction would be stupendous to read.

5 hours ago, binghamtonian said:

The stuff you come up with is truly amazing. You should become an author, your works of fiction would be stupendous to read.

psst big guy, That story is true. Nancy and Chuck did not want to negotiate in front of CSpan and insisted the three of them go behind closed doors to discuss the border wall and shutting down the government.

In fact, since you brought it up JB...I wonder if there is a way President Trump can go that route for the stimulus? 

"If my people don't get paid, nobody is getting paid."

Mnuchin states $300B available for stimulus and PPP checks immediately from administration. 

"Mnuchin on stimulus talks: I suspect Dems don’t want to give Trump a win before election."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/news/dollar300b-available-for-stimulus-checks-ppp-loans-mnuchin-says-as-relief-talks-falter/vi-BB1a2f7h

But Mnuchin adds : Will ‘regroup’ with Pelosi on Thursday for stimulus talks

You know.  I am beginning to think the Republicans are the North Pole and the Democrats are the South Pole.  

To the casual observer they are both places that can hardly support life and very unpleasant to spend much time exposed to, and while extreme opposites neither is better than the other..

WHERE ARE THE MODERATES?  We need more viable political parties.

8 minutes ago, FormerSomeone said:

You know.  I am beginning to think the Republicans are the North Pole and the Democrats are the South Pole.  

To the casual observer they are both places that can hardly support life and very unpleasant to spend much time exposed to, and while extreme opposites neither is better than the other..

WHERE ARE THE MODERATES?  We need more viable political parties.

Moderates?  Don't exist. Example using 2 points only:

Conservative - Pro Life, Pro 2A

Liberal - Pro abortion, anti gun

Exact opposites right?

Moderate1 - Pro Life, anti gun

Moderate2 - Pro abortion, Pro 2A

In my above simple example.  The Conservative and the liberal have opposing views.  Moderate1 and Moderate2 also have opposing views. 

There are no moderates.

Agreed.  

I am pro-choice, pro-gun, conservative laissez faire Adam Smith economist, pro-work for support, seperation of church and state, pro-science, anti-fracking, pro-hunting and fishing, protect the environment, eschew homosexuality as being deplorable and disgusting but not necessarily a reason to deny rights, black lives are as good as white, yellow, red or Martian. . . but no better so lets get a level playing field without affirnmative action, and and if you don't know who your baby-daddy is maybe you should suffer shame and hardship you whore . . . party.

Who should I vote for?  Not that the Electorial College will ignore my vote in the popular count and place their own choice in place of.

Dems are disgusting cheapskates. Some woman on my twitter is complaining a candidate down Staten Island way, Max Rose didn't tip her. It reminded me of the time Hillary and her entourage neglected to tip a restaurant not far from here. So I googled it...OMG...the dems are notorious for not paying their restaurant bills or tipping. In one case Hillary had a fundraiser then expected the people who attended to pitch in to foot the bill...afterwards. 

Kind of like people who have a wedding but expect their guests to pay for it. 

On 10/14/2020 at 10:09 AM, Property & Casualty said:

That bill from the house is so loaded up with pork it’s not even funny.  Trump has said that if they send him just the stimulus minus the pork then he’d sign it.  Where’s Nancy now? 

he may go higher than the 1.8 trillion, he was on Fox business today and said he would go higher than the 2.2

14 hours ago, FormerSomeone said:

I wonder what roast Pelosi would taste like?

Nah.  Even hot-dog makers wouldn't use that in the grinder.

Gamey.

lol look how long it took for me to come up with that. :)