Vestal Parting ways with Police Chief Butler and $229K Severance Sign Off

92CorruptCourtStreet

47 minutes ago, thomas said:

"Schaffer stated that the agreement states a clear boundary in terms of confidentiality, and that neither party, the Board or Butler himself can speak on any specific terms and made no further comments -- only wishing the Chief a happy retirement."

Pathetic. Taxpayer Rip-off.

I agree, this was all prearranged based on his behavior and a higher up should investigate this.

The $229,000 payout (plus thousands in insurance coverage) was railroaded through by Supervisor Schaffer and Councilman Jason Ellis.

Ellis is Kate Newcomb’s close friend and campaign manager. 

Schaffer and Ellis only allowed 4 people in the room, wouldn’t answer any questions and wouldn’t talk specifics.

The meeting was not broadcast on Zoom so those not allowed in the meeting could watch. “Our zoom lady couldn’t be here.”

If this is how they run Vestal, just imagine the Sheriff’s office under Newcomb and Ellis’s Stalinism regime. 

CA94860C-E0D5-4D42-B16A-57023E7B5C8B.jpeg

46 minutes ago, Joe Friday said:

The meeting was not broadcast on Zoom so those not allowed in the meeting could watch. “Our zoom lady couldn’t be here.”

CA94860C-E0D5-4D42-B16A-57023E7B5C8B.jpeg

and don’t forget Schaffer said “those Facebookers” before telling a citizen who was asking a question that “he doesn’t get it”.

Vote Schaffer the hell out of office 

11 hours ago, thomas said:

"Schaffer stated that the agreement states a clear boundary in terms of confidentiality, and that neither party, the Board or Butler himself can speak on any specific terms and made no further comments -- only wishing the Chief a happy retirement."

Pathetic. Taxpayer Rip-off.

Astonishing.

Given that it's a matter of public interest regarding public figures involving public money, we're all entitled to draw our own conclusions.

A few years back, there was a popular strength training coach named Mark Rippetoe. He wrote a book called "Starting Strength". Then one day, he accidentally emailed another coach from the wrong email address. The email address was linked to a Literotica account where he'd written extremely detailed stories about his intense interracial cuckold fetish. Things were never quite the same for him after that.

I don't know why I'm remembering that just now. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9dlXPqS06oDMBHxu5_vU

So, anyway, does Paul Battisti have a position on the propriety of confidential agreements to substantially enrich his family - also family of former business partners, and some of his biggest public supporters - at taxpayer expense in exchange for literally doing nothing?

7 hours ago, Bingoloid said:Then one day, he accidentally emailed another coach from the wrong email address. The email address was linked to a Literotica account where he'd written extremely detailed stories about his intense interracial cuckold fetish. Things were never quite the same for him after that.

I’m guessing he also forgot to delete his browsing history too - this coach?

If the people in Vestal stand for this they deserve whatever they get. The board and supervisor pretty much told the taxpayers , shut up, mind your own business and we will spend over a quarter of a million of your dollars however we want. So convenient the zoom lady could not make it, do they think people are that stupid. But then again maybe they are, if I was a taxpayer I would be showing up at Schaffers home or office everyday till I had answers.

This is unbelievable.  The belligerent Vestal Supervisor John Schaffer yelling at taxpayers, "get the hell out of here"! and "I don't want to talk to you!"  Then you've got the mild-mannered Susie Massina being flippant with the attendees, and Patty Fitzgerald trying to prevent cameras from coming in to the meeting?  And Jason Ellis closing the curtains? 

Obviously there's something big going on, and they're all trying to hide it.  But in doing so, they've exposed themselves. 

6 hours ago, SU75 said:

This is unbelievable.  The belligerent Vestal Supervisor John Schaffer yelling at taxpayers, "get the hell out of here"! and "I don't want to talk to you!"  Then you've got the mild-mannered Susie Massina being flippant with the attendees, and Patty Fitzgerald trying to prevent cameras from coming in to the meeting?  And Jason Ellis closing the curtains? 

Obviously there's something big going on, and they're all trying to hide it.  But in doing so, they've exposed themselves. 

Keen observations. 

4wBmJ51.png

Peter Dunne // Getty Images

• 1 year later...
52 minutes ago, Loopy De Loop said:

State audit criticizes severance deal for former Vestal police chief

https://www.binghamtonhomepage.com/news/top-stories/state-audit-criticizes-severance-deal-for-former-vestal-police-chief/

Butler was entitled to $13,000 but walked away with $229,000.

Schaffer, Donnelly, Patty and the rest of the town board are incompetent to vote through this sham of a payment. The vestal tax payers are not happy.

it’s funny how that delinquent guy Donnelly went on bob josephs radio show and said he is saving tax payers money, sure doesn’t read that way lol then again he told bob joseph his property taxes are paid lol yeaaa rite just like how his rent is 4 months past due and is being sued for $305k

3 hours ago, HotVestalMom said:

Everyone knew this was bullshit.  They did it behind closed doors and wouldn't answer any questions on it.  We the residents of Vestal should force court action to hold the members who voted for it financially responsible to pay for it.  

I heard from community members that Jon Schaffer was the only person who voted on it despite the fact that Donnelly claims to be a new “voice” in his campaign. Him and Patty who are on the board do anything that Jon Schaffer tells them to do.
That’s why Donnelly went on bob Joseph’s and begged radio listeners to keep voting for Schaffer and Patty to stay on the board. 

it’s outright disgusting what happened that Schaffer paid out butler over 200k that was not owed to him but using the excuse of a potential lawsuit that never was.

I am not surprised at the horrible decision making of the town board given you have a councilman who drove a construction business into the ground and has 5 pending lawsuits from creditors suing him for hundreds of thousands of dollars and the landlord of his failed construction business headquarters suing him for 305k. Also one past customer who has a 13k judgement out on the councilman’s failed construction company and another customer currently in depositions.

the entire board needs to be removed 

Who else thinks John Schaffer got a kickback from Butler?  Butler was entitled to $13,000 but gets $229,000, all orchestrated by Schaffer. And as someone else said, even with Butler's payout and pension, he's working at a liquor store in his 70's.  Did Butler get all the money, or did some go to Schaffer as part of this scheme?