Homer Brink Elementary After School Satan Club

UE MOM2

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of an idiot would give permission to their child to attend satan's club?

I'd ask the same question UE Mom...are CCD classes being held at the public school now too? How about Awana? 

It's one nation under God...let's not confuse the kids. Oh wait, that's the point isn't it? We all know the father of confusion is Satan. 

This is a massive troll - reports just like this are turning up from all over the country.  If you go to their website, they claim some pretty mainstream values in their fundamental tenets.  Satanic Temple website   Their real target seems to be the influence of religion in schools.  My guess is that the goal is to wind up in court as a challenge to other religious groups being allowed to have clubs in school.  If a school board doesn’t allow them, they sue.  If they are allowed by a school board, people protest.  School board lawyers know that If they aren’t allowed, none can be.  If they are, they will just keep infuriating people, who will provoke legal challenges - perhaps resulting in school boards removing all religious oriented clubs.   Seems to be working as designed.  

1 hour ago, Jacksonx3 said:

This is a massive troll - reports just like this are turning up from all over the country.  If you go to their website, they claim some pretty mainstream values in their fundamental tenets.  Satanic Temple website   Their real target seems to be the influence of religion in schools.  My guess is that the goal is to wind up in court as a challenge to other religious groups being allowed to have clubs in school.  If a school board doesn’t allow them, they sue.  If they are allowed by a school board, people protest.  School board lawyers know that If they aren’t allowed, none can be.  If they are, they will just keep infuriating people, who will provoke legal challenges - perhaps resulting in school boards removing all religious oriented clubs.   Seems to be working as designed.  

ding ding ding ding    We have a winner !!!!!!

Jax sums it up in a nutshell

it is unfortunate that both sides feel the need to use elementary schools as pawns in their little adult chess game      pathetic really   

13 hours ago, ginger said:

What kind of an idiot would give permission to their child to attend satan's club?

I'd ask the same question UE Mom...are CCD classes being held at the public school now too? How about Awana? 

It's one nation under God...let's not confuse the kids. Oh wait, that's the point isn't it? We all know the father of confusion is Satan. 

Wija board fun time might be entertaining to the kids.

57 minutes ago, DanCooper said:

They get points for making Satan look cute and friendly. This might be a joke for some, but wait till Drag Queen Storytime rolls into 

Gee, I wonder why they didn't use a depiction of Pazuzu. 

Do they plan to pump in the smell of sulfur for authenticity?

1 hour ago, Solak Supporter said:

Hopefully not. But how committed are elementary school parents to public expression of dismay and disapproval? Are they leery of being labeled “domestic terrorists” for daring to disagree with “woke” education bureaucrats?

We’re going to find out at the upcoming BOE meeting. But do you expect the Board to kick out all club / travel sport groups? At ME?? Satan has won this round. 

I just heard the director of this organization on WNBF. I'd like to hear the interview again...I  missed a bit of it.

They don't go to just any school.

THEY HAVE TO BE INVITED IN.

"non theistic satan club " because Satan was the first to rebel against "tyrannical" authority. 

He was a liar from the beginning. The father of all lies, tempted Jesus...funny today is Ash Wednesday...

If anyone can link me to that interview...

On 2/20/2023 at 2:20 PM, DanCooper said:

We’re going to find out at the upcoming BOE meeting. But do you expect the Board to kick out all club / travel sport groups? At ME?? Satan has won this round. 

Not the Board’s only choice. School is not a public street or park. Age inappropriate material can be excluded from school, lewd material as well. If the Board has guts, and the parents have backbone, Satan loses.

3 hours ago, Spuds said:

Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday!  😁    Sober up!  LOL

Omg, as I mentioned, since I've been home I lose all track of time. Perhaps I should have a couple of glasses of wine before bed. Maybe I'd get on a regular sleep schedule.

THEY HAVE TO BE INVITED IN.

Don't mind if I emphasized that again. 

2 hours ago, DanCooper said:

Apparently the 1A says differently.

1A distinguishes between traditional public forums, limited public forums, and non-public forums. It also contemplates time, place and manner restrictions on speech. Schools excluding age inappropriate speech has withstood 1A challenge. What judge wants to be the one to rule Satan age appropriate for elementary students?

6 hours ago, Solak Supporter said:

1A distinguishes between traditional public forums, limited public forums, and non-public forums. It also contemplates time, place and manner restrictions on speech. Schools excluding age inappropriate speech has withstood 1A challenge. What judge wants to be the one to rule Satan age appropriate for elementary students?

I’m not a constitutional scholar, but I believe that the legal precedent is set.  My understanding is that if a school allows ANY religious group to use space it must allow ALL groups to do so.   That’s why i go back to the concept that this group is a massive troll by a group that doesn’t want religion in schools vs. those that do.  Homer Brink allows the religiously affiliated Good News Club to use space - as do other schools that the Satan group has requested space from (there are a bunch of these types of discussions on the internet).  If they are denied equal space - lawsuit which they will likely win.  If ME decides they don’t want the expense and trouble of a lawsuit and gets rid of Good News Club and also denies this group - win anyway.   As noted above, it is REALLY unfortunate that BOTH groups of adults are using children as pawns in their battle with each convinced that their side is the righteous side..   

18 hours ago, 2pelo Honey said:

Like vampires?

Let me tell you Toup. Some family members used to rent a big house on a lake upstate every year.  The house had a Ouijja board on the coffee table in the living room. First thing we did with that damn thing was put it in the china closet drawer. No opening doors to the supernatural.

Any parent who does that is an asshole. We're talking elementary school children here with big imaginations... not teenagers goofing around.

On 2/17/2023 at 3:29 AM, ginger said:

BINGO Ginger.