trump goes after the NFL?

kimber

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do they want to play football or do they want to play politics? I KNOW! Let's ask Cam Newton about the best chance he had to help his team get the Vince Lombardi Trophy? How'd that work out for him? Let me find that thread.

Many years ago during the Vietnam War, I decided to sit during the Pledge of Allegiance, in protest at Homer Brink School.

My teacher ignored it, but pulled me aside after class and asked what that was all about. I explained my reasons.

He corrected me, gently.

The Pledge of Allegiance is not a snapshot of what exists...it is an ideal that we should aspire to. We are human, and not perfect.

I will proudly say the Pledge even if things are bad, to try and be better. The NFL folks have every right to choose what they do, but I think that it is divisive and misguided.

I have spent a lot of time in the last few years overseas in foreign countries...we are blessed and don't even know it.

Sad. I'd rather watch this than the last 2 minutes of the game that's on now. Those boys think they're making history, they aren't. Nobody will remember.

Do they want to play football or do they want to play politics? I KNOW! Let's ask Cam Newton about the best chance he had to help his team get the Vince Lombardi Trophy? How'd that work out for him? Let me find that thread.

If they don't like living here maybe they all need to move to another country. How much are those overpaid athletes going to make in another country.

Rangers lead the way!

Mr Villaneuva is the spitting image of my son in law who happens to be in London on business, again. Way to go, Ravs and Jags...

Oh geez, watch NASCAR ratings spike next week after this:

4tOpMByDU3zpYdqCiGTG3LR52jrTke_nu3xXFSWf

Now that more details are rolling out it is being reported that a WHOPPING <sarcasm> 12% of NFL players actually took a knee or sat. 3 teams elected to not leave the locker room. When you add those players to the total, only 23% of NFL players shunned the national anthem this Sunday. #Fakenews sure was going out of their way to make it sound league wide. What a joke the left wing is. 23%!! WTF! The democrat party and their minion parties are not dying, they are dead.

President Trump says locking arms is ok. It's not to me. Stand at attention with your hand over your heart like you're supposed to. In my own home, if I hear the National Anthem I stop what I'm doing. STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING!

I keep asking the same question about all this and have yet gotten an answer. If what you're protesting is ONLY about minority injustice regarding the Police then why has there never once(as far as I know) ever been a protest at any Law Enforcement Buildings? Local cops? Federal Buildings? Anything?

I love football and anything to do with it but it's just gotten to a point where it's become a sideshow with the "game" actually being the understudy to the whole Circus....who's playing at halftime? Let's do a new sexy intro to SNF or MNF....Superbowl Halftime show? WHO THE FUCK CARES? I tune in to watch the games....NOTHING ELSE. Carrie Underwear can shake her ass all she wants, don't care. Former Crack Dealer and now new Liberal nominee for the President Jay Z is snubbing the Superbowl? WHO THE FUCK CARES? Stick the Iowa Marching Band in there....same thing, you're killing 30 minutes...

Keep playing games with the people that support your league. Those who buy your OVERPRICED tickets to your games, 8 dollar hotdogs, 10 dollar beers, 100 dollar jerseys and on and on... I don't know if everyone who says they've already stopped watching NFL games will continue to not watch after this weekends circus show but ratings are down and continuing to fall. So you want to play around with that? Failing ratings will cause advertisers to dump you....add that to empty seats in your stadium and guess what? You're folding....Think I'm wrong? Check out the numbers on now Los Angeles (San Diego) Chargers....barely sold 25,000 seats last week......You're playing with fire....keep supporting these chucks and see where it gets you.

:) lol...^which reminds me of a story...My first Irish dancing competition...Feis at Yonkers Raceway... 10 o'clock in the morning, I had completely screwed up my reel, missed my cue. The jig competition wasn't until much later in the afternoon. It was sooo hot out and my costume had long sleeves. I did not want to dance, I wanted to go home. One of the girls ahead of me in class gave me a pep talk. I won. First place. I couldn't believe it when I saw my number at the top of the board. And then, they played the National Anthem and of course I stopped. :D but then something else happened....I found my mother in the crowd to tell her I won. I remember tugging on her sleeve, "mom, mom, I won." but she was ignoring me. I tugged on her sleeve again and she says "SHHHH they're playing the Irish National Anthem." :lol: OOPS!

I keep asking the same question about all this and have yet gotten an answer. If what you're protesting is ONLY about minority injustice regarding the Police then why has there never once(as far as I know) ever been a protest at any Law Enforcement Buildings? Local cops? Federal Buildings? Anything?

I love football and anything to do with it but it's just gotten to a point where it's become a sideshow with the "game" actually being the understudy to the whole Circus....who's playing at halftime? Let's do a new sexy intro to SNF or MNF....Superbowl Halftime show? WHO THE FUCK CARES? I tune in to watch the games....NOTHING ELSE. Carrie Underwear can shake her ass all she wants, don't care. Former Crack Dealer and now new Liberal nominee for the President Jay Z is snubbing the Superbowl? WHO THE FUCK CARES? Stick the Iowa Marching Band in there....same thing, you're killing 30 minutes...

Keep playing games with the people that support your league. Those who buy your OVERPRICED tickets to your games, 8 dollar hotdogs, 10 dollar beers, 100 dollar jerseys and on and on... I don't know if everyone who says they've already stopped watching NFL games will continue to not watch after this weekends circus show but ratings are down and continuing to fall. So you want to play around with that? Failing ratings will cause advertisers to dump you....add that to empty seats in your stadium and guess what? You're folding....Think I'm wrong? Check out the numbers on now Los Angeles (San Diego) Chargers....barely sold 25,000 seats last week......You're playing with fire....keep supporting these chucks and see where it gets you.

As a friend of mine said today. This NFL protest thing is "irrelevant" in the greater schemes of things like Harvey, Peurto Rico destruction, etc.

I wonder what the per knee taken cost is, in terms of lost revenue to the league, the networks, the players. It has to be 5 figures.

Its even more difficult to assess what its costing the left in terms of votes.

I hope they never stop.

The NFL actually has a protocol for the National Anthem.It is to be played before every game Players and coaches must stand at attention Helmet is to be held in their left hand and their right hand is to be placed over their heart. What they are doing should be considered insubordination and they should be fined If they keep it up they should be fired

As a friend of mine said today. This NFL protest thing is "irrelevant" in the greater schemes of things like Harvey, Peurto Rico destruction, etc.

I remember the first time I said the pledge and sang the Anthem and My Country tis of Thee. First grade. On stage, hand over heart. I knew my mother was going to be there to see it but I was surprised to see my father in the audience as well."Dad what are you doing here?" :) He took a half day off, took 2 trains all the way back to Queens to make sure he was there.

Archived