ginger

I finally found my way to John Solaks twitter. I'm not on twitter but they let me read anyway. He posted about BU health services preparing for the potential Corona Virus. Is it true BU has a sister school in Wuhan?

I've mentioned several times the castle on the hill would be an ideal place for flu treatment. It keeps infected people out of their regular doctors offices. If everyone who had infectious symptoms would just report to one place for treatment instead of spreading their germs all over...and you could put a few beds up there for those who become gravely ill.

Julio was my first boyfriend. His bedroom window was 2 buildings to the left on the fourth floor. I could see it from my backyard because he lived the next block down. Actually I could see it from my own room but the fire escape was in the way. We had everything in common for 4th graders. We played chess,watched Abbott and Costello and wrote plays. I had the Wizard of Oz album and we completely abridged and rewrote the script. Once in a while I would stand in our court yard and yell "JULIOOOO, JULIOOOO" His father would come to the the window. "Can Julio come out?" No! He has to go to mass! We went to 9 o'clock mass but Julio's family went to 10:30 spanish mass. Good thing Abbott and Costello didn't come on until noon. :)

He's the king of Corona...

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not even funny...when I was little I had the Hong Kong flu and almost died. In reading the history,,,I don't know why it's not mentioned but non stop projectile vomiting was also a symptom. Practically fifty years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1968_flu_pandemic

I only drink Corona on election day.

I just watched your trailer 27...a woman made statement about a vaccine to prevent all virus? Virus mutates and accommodates...I used to spend late August through Thanksgiving sick. Then in January the stomach flu would arrive like clockwork but I keep Tamiflu on hand for that. It suppresses the ability of the virus to penetrate the cell wall. I have a different job now with little patient exposure and in 2 years I haven't even had a cold but I'm sure all of you will recall how many times I complained those viral infections developed into secondary bacterial pneumonia infiltrates.

Why the government does not have people keep Tamiflu in their medicine cabinets to take at the onset of symptoms is beyond me. If you're prone to cold sores you keep Abreva so as soon as you feel that coming on you can stop it...same concept. Acyclovir for Herpes virus,  truvada for HIV...all similar concepts.

Tamiflu and as previously suggested, directing people with flu symptoms to one place is what I would call BEST PRACTICES. 

The rest of the story...in fifth grade my friend Jeanette who lived in the building next door decided she liked Julio. She was pretty, had the body and she was smart. She could also turn on the tears. I didn't stand a chance. When they told me they were "going out", I slammed my fist on my school desk, looked at Julio and said "You have nothing in common with her!"  She cried. Her older sister Debbie tried to make me feel better and told me she cries to get her way at home too. By the end of the school year Julio decided he wanted to be "friends again" but it was too late. I kissed him goodbye before we left the city for good. He told me if I was ever lonely I should look out my bedroom window and he would be there." Like dracula? " We laughed :) 

Silly story time over.

post edit-Her sister Debbie also took me shopping and I bought my first pair of jeans. :)

:) Too funny. I remember the first time my brother and I watched Carlin on HBO. Our parents were out and we kept looking at each other with our mouths agape. Needless to say, we grabbed our little HBO guide and circled George Carlin's name every place it was scheduled. No VCR back then.

https://images.app.goo.gl/K4y46ra89EmTczCx8 

Oh sorry re Carlin..the other day I saw something on google...don't drain your vegetables in the sink! Seriously, kind of like don't rinse your turkey out before cooking it too? Well we all know how that could have turned out. Like people don't scrub their sinks and rinse before straining I just don't know how we all lived this long. I might also mention, much to the chagrin of the ecological terrorists I have my hot water tank turned as far up as it can go. When I spray down my sink  or shower you can be sure it's as germ free as it's going to get.

On 1/27/2020 at 8:47 AM, ginger said:

I only drink Corona on election day.

I just watched your trailer 27...a woman made statement about a vaccine to prevent all virus? Virus mutates and accommodates...I used to spend late August through Thanksgiving sick. Then in January the stomach flu would arrive like clockwork but I keep Tamiflu on hand for that. It suppresses the ability of the virus to penetrate the cell wall. I have a different job now with little patient exposure and in 2 years I haven't even had a cold but I'm sure all of you will recall how many times I complained those viral infections developed into secondary bacterial pneumonia infiltrates.

Why the government does not have people keep Tamiflu in their medicine cabinets to take at the onset of symptoms is beyond me. If you're prone to cold sores you keep Abreva so as soon as you feel that coming on you can stop it...same concept. Acyclovir for Herpes virus,  truvada for HIV...all similar concepts.

Tamiflu and as previously suggested, directing people with flu symptoms to one place is what I would call BEST PRACTICES. 

Like minds. :) Thailand has 18 cases of corona virus. They treated all with a cocktail of Tamiflu and 2 HIV antiretrovirals. One 70 yr old woman from Wuhan had tested positive for 10 days. Upon aforementioned therapy tested negative in 48 hrs. 8 of their patients went home and ten are still being treated.

• 2 weeks later...

I see France has their first death from Corona virus. An 80 yr old chinese tourist from the province of Hubei and his daughter have been on isolation in Paris since January 25th. The daughter is expected to recover.

I don't want to hear about the poor chinese slaving away for pennies...EVER AGAIN.

I hope President Trump cuts out all foreign aid. 

On 2/2/2020 at 5:04 PM, ginger said:

Like minds. :) Thailand has 18 cases of corona virus. They treated all with a cocktail of Tamiflu and 2 HIV antiretrovirals. One 70 yr old woman from Wuhan had tested positive for 10 days. Upon aforementioned therapy tested negative in 48 hrs. 8 of their patients went home and ten are still being treated.

I've been trying to follow this story and I have to say, some things aren't adding up. I've seen some very irresponsible rants relating Corona to HIV. From what I read, one rna strand has 4 HIV "components". That is not significant except virus' mutate. What would happen if Corona invaded a patient who already has hiv then passes along the virus?  I wonder if a bloodborne pathogen could then mutate to airborne. I read some tweets from WHO and he keeps stating "solidarity not stigma" but gives no explanation to what he means by that. Within some of the tweet responses, people are asking why Thailand^^^isn't being included in their research.

I think President Trump is doing the best job he can but really, getting an Rx of tamiflu in everyone's medicine cabinet should be a priority. It has a 3 yr or so shelf life. 

On 2/16/2020 at 9:17 AM, ginger said:

I see France has their first death from Corona virus. An 80 yr old chinese tourist from the province of Hubei and his daughter have been on isolation in Paris since January 25th. The daughter is expected to recover.

I don't want to hear about the poor chinese slaving away for pennies...EVER AGAIN.

I hope President Trump cuts out all foreign aid. 

What does that have to do with anything? Sure there are rich Chinese but the majority ARE poor. Kind of like here. Just because there are billionaires and those close to it in Broome county doesn't not mean that we don't have people living in abject poverty. So by your logic since some Broome residents own villas in Italy or islands in the Carribean, none of us can complain about poverty simply because a Chinese guy had the money to visit Paris?

Thelma, we keep being told these countries are destitute. Clearly they have money to travel. I'll ask again, what were a plane full of Malaysians doing in Russia? Where did the Tarnasev brothers get the money to travel to Dagestan...that's off the top of my head...

2 hours ago, ThelmaHarper said:

What does that have to do with anything? Sure there are rich Chinese but the majority ARE poor. Kind of like here. Just because there are billionaires and those close to it in Broome county doesn't not mean that we don't have people living in abject poverty. So by your logic since some Broome residents own villas in Italy or islands in the Carribean, none of us can complain about poverty simply because a Chinese guy had the money to visit Paris?

...and by the same token, just because Broome County is the way it is, it doesn't follow that that's what most of America is like.

Wuhan is a little bigger than London or New York. Their GDP per capita is about a third of America's, but twice the average for China. Just like in the United States, lots of people in those cities have good jobs and disposable income. The undesirable factory and construction jobs tend to be filled by rural people who have migrated illegally, and because they have no legal right to live in the cities, they have problems getting access to basic services like healthcare and education. Basically, living illegally in a Chinese city as a factory worker is crap, but it's less crap than living legally in the Chinese countryside as a farmer or a miner, so they do it anyway. People who live in the cities legally are still poor by American standards, but better-off.

In any case, we already provide almost no foreign aid money in China, less than one-tenth of 1% of our spend, and most of that looks like it's to support dissidents. There's nothing of consequence to cut off.

https://explorer.usaid.gov/cd/CHN

53 minutes ago, ginger said:

Thelma, we keep being told these countries are destitute. Clearly they have money to travel. I'll ask again, what were a plane full of Malaysians doing in Russia? Where did the Tarnasev brothers get the money to travel to Dagestan...that's off the top of my head...

I assume you're talking about the Malaysia Airlines that was shot down by guerillas over Ukraine, Ginger, which was actually mostly Dutch passengers coming from Amsterdam. Just like any other flight, many of them were business travelers. Others would have been coming home from university or visiting family. A lot of them would have only been on their way to Kuala Lumpur because it's a major hub for catching other flights, as is Amsterdam.

I'm not sure what you mean about Tsarnaev. He was a Russian citizen who had jobs as a young man in America, like everybody else. Sketchy trip, but young people save up some money and go overseas all the time. Dagestan isn't exactly expensive.

Chinese tourism has grown a lot in the past decade, but looking quickly, Chinese tourists spent about $257 billion overseas in 2017, American tourists $135 billion, German tourists $89 billion, and British tourists $71 billion. China is over 4x larger than the United States, 17x larger than Germany, and 21x larger than Britain, so it's nowhere near what you'd expect if their middle-class was anything like those in Western countries.

Some thing is very wrong about this Corona VIrus.

The doctor, hospital director,  combating this disease in China has just died from it

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/coronavirus-updates-wuhan-hospital-director-dies-death-toll-nears-2-n1137841

The quarantine on the ship Diamond Princess did not work. USA today 2/18/2020

The Red Chinese are lying about the death toll.  They have already lost at least 2 doctors from the disease.

This is not looking good.

^Thanks. A 51 yr old healthy doctor dies from pneumonia. I'm going back to my same theory of coinfection in which case Cipro prophylactically as well as Tamiflu might be helpful to healthcare workers. Your article states septic shock and organ failure in 5% of the patients...I wonder if that was the case with this doctor.