Cuomo ordering all New Yorkers to cover their noses and mouths in public

https://amp.lohud.com/amp/5138403002?__twitter_impression=true

From the above link:

New Yorkers will soon have to start wearing masks or cloth coverings over their mouths and noses in public to help fight the novel coronavirus pandemic, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Wednesday. He announced plans to issue an executive order mandating the masks be worn whenever New Yorkers can not maintain at least six feet between themselves and others in public, citing the social distancing measure taken to limit the risk of infection. 

"If you are in public and you cannot maintain social distancing, then have a mask," Cuomo said.

The order is expected to take effect Friday to allow people time to obtain masks or cloth coverings to follow the new rules, Cuomo said, adding local authorities will be tasked with enforcing the mandate.

He noted there could be a civil penalty imposed in the future if people don't follow the new rules.

Looks like business is about to pick up:

We are in big trouble, way too may executive orders coming from Albany.    This is beginning to look like the summer that will not happen. The economic impact which is huge already will be devastating to this country. Just consider areas like the Jersey and Maryland shores. People are going to lose their properties, no rent, no money, no jobs, mortgages and taxes will not be paid. I also see massive layoffs with government workers because the tax base will no longer support their pay and benefits. Hope I'm wrong but that is how it is looking to me.

1 minute ago, You Never Know said:

We are in big trouble, way too may executive orders coming from Albany.    This is beginning to look like the summer that will not happen. The economic impact which is huge already will be devastating to this country. Just consider areas like the Jersey and Maryland shores. People are going to lose their properties, no rent, no money, no jobs, mortgages and taxes will not be paid. I also see massive layoffs with government workers because the tax base will no longer support their pay and benefits. Hope I'm wrong but that is how it is looking to me.

You are right.  "devastating"

11 minutes ago, You Never Know said:

You lost me when you assumed we have to follow Albany. 

2 hours ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

https://amp.lohud.com/amp/5138403002?__twitter_impression=true

From the above link:

"If you are in public and you cannot maintain social distancing, then have a mask," Cuomo said.

That sounds to me that if I am going into a store, and keeping six feet or more away from people, then I do not need to wear a mask.

And if I am trying to maintain that distance, and someone encroaches up on me and my safe spacing - especially if they are wearing a mask - then the onus is on them.

1 minute ago, YankeeDoodle said:

That sounds to me that if I am going into a store, and keeping six feet or more away from people, then I do not need to wear a mask.

And if I am trying to maintain that distance, and someone encroaches up on me and my safe spacing - especially if they are wearing a mask - then the onus is on them.

Karen is always watching bro. Always.

5 minutes ago, YankeeDoodle said:

200.gif

1 minute ago, WolfMan said:

Well, you won’t get into a grocery store or pharmacy without one. Same with any doctor’s etc office. 

Drive through’s for food you’ll be fine. 

You have a problem with that, ya Nazi freak?

There are 28,399 COVID-19 deaths so far in the US, out of a population of 330 million people. Therefore, 0.0086% of the population has died of COVID-19, while 20 million people have become unemployed and the economy unalterably disrupted for many years, if it ever recovers. Can we attribute this amazing success to the interventions which are obviously working?  Do we know for sure that everybody is obeying their orders to stay home, and fuck the economic consequences. 

The interventions were always going to "work," because no matter how many people died they were going to say that it would have been far worse without them. This is illogical, because it is something nobody could possibly know, since the other possibility was not allowed to run here in the US.

2 hours ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

There are 28,399 COVID-19 deaths so far in the US, out of a population of 330 million people. Therefore, 0.0086% of the population has died of COVID-19, while 20 million people have become unemployed and the economy unalterably disrupted for many years, if it ever recovers.

Of course, to justify their draconian measures, they are inflating those numbers.

Amazing how 3,700+ new deaths were "discovered" in New York the other day, as they went back and blamed Covid-19 for deaths that were previously attributed to other factors.

Just like they did here in Nebraska:
https://www.omaha.com/livewellnebraska/two-more-covid-19-deaths-reported-in-douglas-county-bringing-nebraskas-total-to-eight/article_e846db2c-808f-5dba-9f15-23ec892a8ed4.html

Both victims had multiple underlying conditions, with one already in hospice!  But no, that poor guy would have still been receiving hospice care if that d*mned virus hadn't killed him!

Since they're now saying that the virus may have been here since last October or November, how long do you think it'll be before they start backtracking and start adding deaths from back then to the totals.

And people are too stupid to see that.  They have more pressing issues on their mind. After all, the new season of The Bachelor started this week!