OAK ST. and Gaines St. DRUG DEAL GONE BAD FOLLOWED BY A GUN BATTLE THIS EVENING AROUND 9 PM. 25 TO 30 SHOTS FIRED.

Independent

25 TO 30 SHOTS WERE FIRED DURING A DRUG DEAL THAT WENT BAD MULTIPLE PEOPLE ATTACKED IN A ARGUEMENT BETWEEN A BIKE GANG AND OTHERS. MORE TO BE ADDED TO THIS DEVELOPING STORY. TWO BEATEN SUBJECTS WERE TRANSPORTED TO AN AREA HOSPITAL. AT LEAST 25 TO 30 SHELL CASINGS WERE COLLECTED BY BPD. 

This is Michael Korchak’s Broome County. Drug use is out of control. Drug deals resulting in gang warfare. And less drug treatment options. 

It’s dangerous out there. But Korchak would rather try to charge his former boss, out of jealously and retaliation, to prevent him from running again. 

Supporting Korchak is supporting increased violence and soaring drug use and overdoses.

2 hours ago, BinghamtonBill said:

Garo has confirmed this with law enforcement officials. It was the Spanish gang La Familia attacking an individual for money owed over drugs.

We are continuing to work on this story.

The Masso’s who is a well known family for the wrong reasons are a part of this gang. Masso’s have been around in binghamton for well over a decade

10 minutes ago, BinghamtonBill said:

WNBF's story appears to be a different incident.  Oak and Gaines streets are in the first ward, not the north side.  And this incident occurred around 9pm Saturday night.  The story on WNBF occurred THIS MORNING.

Funny, I can't seem to find any mention of this incident in any of the local news media outlets. 

2 hours ago, BinghamtonBill said:

WNBF's story appears to be a different incident.  Oak and Gaines streets are in the first ward, not the north side.  And this incident occurred around 9pm Saturday night.  The story on WNBF occurred THIS MORNING.

Thanks for straightening my ass out Bill. Christ, the one I mentioned read happened on the 16th early morning. Garo’s report was Saturday night. 

I gotta stop posting shortly after waking up…obviously my brain pills hadn’t kicked in yet. 

Binghamton Police are investigating two shots fired incidents that occurred in the city over the weekend. The first took place on the city's west side on Saturday evening and the second was on the north side near Town and Country Apartments in the early morning hours on Monday. 

Binghamton Police Captain Corey Minor says no injuries were reported in either incident and detectives are currently investigating the reason behind the shots fired and if the two are connected. He says on Saturday, police responded to reports of shots fired on Oak and Elm Streets. He says there were no injuries. 

On Monday morning around 1:30 a.m., police responded to reports of shots fired at Robert and Pearne Streets near the Town and Country apartment complex. When asked if he could confirm if police found shells on scene, Minor said all he can say right now is "no one is injured and the incident is under investigation."

https://www.wicz.com/story/44530970/binghamton-police-investigate-two-different-shots-fired-incidents?fbclid=IwAR0Z5ad2_bOIuWbf1hlNDUqVALYoFnJWOHkzDImtneogH0SNEE3nzLnevE8

Why in the world would a motorcycle gang want to hole up in Binghamton? Like there is anything for them here? In the old days  could see it because we had tons of clubs and all sorts of goings on..but now? Aren't they bored..or poor? 

Must be the food. We do have some great food here. My poor brother missing Cortese Pizza,,,that's all he talked about was how Florida has no good pizza and his Publix store discontinued Lupo's so he has to order it online..