ginger

Now the loony left that is in complete control of the Democrats are saying we can no longer call it the Wuhan Virus. What a bunch of freaking morons. Complete freaking morons control the American Democrat party. RUN people, RUN from them. They are so destructive to the American way of life you would have to be nuts to vote for a Democrat. NUTS.

Best alternative is #KUNGFLU 

f392e58463fb05dd.png?1583784592

DESPITE THE FACTS LIKE THIS:

8f212780d751b731.png?1583784579

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, 19April1775 said:

Now the loony left that is in complete control of the Democrats are saying we can no longer call it the Wuhan Virus. What a bunch of freaking morons. Complete freaking morons control the American Democrat party. RUN people, RUN from them. They are so destructive to the American way of life you would have to be nuts to vote for a Democrat. NUTS.

Best alternative is #KUNGFLU 

f392e58463fb05dd.png?1583784592

DESPITE THE FACTS LIKE THIS:

8f212780d751b731.png?1583784579

never seen the media more out of control on anything before.

On 2/25/2020 at 2:43 PM, PeteMoss said:

WOW!

Iran's deputy HEALTH minister tests positive for coronavirus after looking shaky and unwell while he played down outbreak's dangers

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8041189/Irans-coronavirus-death-toll-rises-15-amid-surge-new-infections.html

He died a couple of days ago as did a bunch of other higher ups.

8 minutes ago, ThelmaHarper said:

Why? My polio vaccine has worked pretty well. Curious as to your rationale.

And I recovered from flu a couple times and have never knowingly had a flu shot.

His personal opinion based on personal experiences could be his rationale. 

Makes sense to me.

1 hour ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

Disease deaths per day worldwide:

COVID-19—56

Seasonal Flu—1,027

Pneumonia—2,216

Tuberculosis—3,014

Media mentions of Tuberculosis: 2.9 million

Media mentions of China Virus: 1.1 BILLION

Fine, but the mortality rate - deaths per confirmed cases - of this NEW virus, with no vaccine (as the others DO have) is MUCH higher. 

If measures are not taken to curtail this the number of infection/case likely WOULD skyrocket to the truest definition of the word “skyrocket”.

2 hours ago, WolfMan said:

Fine, but the mortality rate - deaths per confirmed cases - of this NEW virus, with no vaccine (as the others DO have) is MUCH higher. 

If measures are not taken to curtail this the number of infection/case likely WOULD skyrocket to the truest definition of the word “skyrocket”.

Seems to me there is no recorded cases of a Vaccine being available for those other diseases until the disease actually appeared.

3 hours ago, WolfMan said:

Perhaps I am overly cynical but I do not trust the media to provide me with accurate and truthful information as history bears my witness. Especially a supposedly authoritative government agency with “World” on its letterhead.

Will the current reductions in normal activity flatten the curve of the exponential infection growth rate of an easily aerosol communicable virus? Most likely.

Are the current actions excessive overreacting? Hard to say.

But most importantly: DO I HAVE ENOUGH FUCKING TOILET PAPER? God I hope so...

3 hours ago, WolfMan said:

Yeah. People aren't getting it that the point is to slow the spread before it kills more people than the flu, and that it has the potential to do so several times over if left to run unchecked. That's why China and Italy have gone nuclear after they realized they'd missed the boat. Television media is not presenting that fact very well, though major print media is doing a better job.

With the 1918 flu, St. Louis took social distancing measures right after they detected it. Philadelphia did not. The difference in the slowed infection rates amounted to many thousands of lives, cutting the equivalent total of deaths before enough people had been infected for herd immunity to kick in by a large percentage.

https://www.pnas.org/content/104/18/7582

F1.medium.gif

The British Prime Minister all but admitted last night that they won't be able to tighten up hard enough at this point , and advised the public to prepare to lose loved ones. Downstate hospitals are already negotiating with underused upstate hospitals for excess beds to take patients on diversion. Providence, a major Catholic medical system, has real estate agents scouring cities for empty lots to set up tent hospitals.

People don't need to panic, but they do need to use common sense. This will blow over and I know school closures are genuine inconveniences for people who have to figure out childcare, but the number of people upstate crying that their lives are ruined because they might have to skip getting drunk with all the other drunks for once in their lives is pathetic. It's not that big of a sacrifice to stay home and read with your kids for a few Saturday nights in a row because you care about your community and country, and nothing like what's asked of doctors and nurses in communities hit hard by this - or spending a couple weeks in a hospital.

2 hours ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

OK Greta. I was looking for a different kind of connection. I too think something is helping it along. My first suspicion was perhaps a histoplasmosis connection but thinking fungal triggers too. Where are the pathology reports? 

https://images.app.goo.gl/W7YJQiktiG6VcJtZ6

post edit...I think I mentioned a 4 protein component in the genome was highly suspicious. Thinking outside the box.

I always found it curious that my father and I almost died from the Hong Kong flu but my mother and brother didn't get it at all. Around that time my father was taking me into the Manhattan on Saturdays. He'd work half a day then we'd go to lunch....something...oh well, off to work, have a good weekend everyone.

2 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

All the people posting pictures on social media about empty paper products shelves are contributing to the run on TP, PT and Napkins.

I was at Sam's today.  Carts of TP flowing out of the store. 

There were many people with smiles on their faces.

In all seriousness, do people really just not stock toilet paper? Most people have a closet, for crying out loud. It sounds unbelievably inconvenient to just buy a 4-pack and have to buy another one constantly.

I always keep about 12 rolls under the sink and

OH JESUS CHRIST THEY KNOW ABOUT THE STASH THEY'RE COMING THROUGH THE WINDOWS