ginger

43 minutes ago, Wilfrid Laurier said:

In the 2018-19 Influenza season, 35.5 million American’s got sick with it, 34,200 died from it, and I don’t remember hearing anything about it.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2018-2019.html

Exactly! Were hospitals overwhelmed in 2009 by H1N1? What did it look like then? 1968, when 100,000 died in the US? 1957-58, when 116,000 died in the US? Why didn't we shut down the whole goddamn planet then?

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

Lots of people get sick at Nursing Homes. It's one of the big problems with Nursing Homes (along with many others). It would really help if staff washed their hands like they are supposed to. The rates of effective hand washing are well under 50%. Hugging? Kissing? WTF?!

Good morning 27 :) lol Hugging Kissing! Have you really no clue what skilled nursing entails? The care given is a lot more up close and personal than hugging and kissing!

4 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

I posted this Friday.  It looks like I was spot on.  The health department screwed up big time with Polakovich.    INCOMPETENCE !

Check out the article on the front page of Wednesday's P&SB.

I bought the Press on my way home and read the article once..after I read the sports page first... :) 

One thing really stands out to me...he gave them a urine sample. They said he was "severely dehydrated" and sent him home and told him to drink lots of water. His family stated he had some confused utterances and they thought he had a stroke. Those utterances and other signs/symptoms may also be a sign of a urinary tract infection. So was the sample sent out for testing or did they just look at it, do a dipstick and assess his urine was what, dark, cloudy, tea colored, concentrated? 

I'll read it again later...I need a nap. have a good morning everyone.

Just a cursory google glance indicates coronavirus travels through the urinary tract. So it's not just pneumonia you're looking for people!

1 hour ago, ginger said:

Good morning 27 :) lol Hugging Kissing! Have you really no clue what skilled nursing entails? The care given is a lot more up close and personal than hugging and kissing!

Aloha, Ginger. I'm just suggesting that the Nursing staff wash their hands more frequently than I've seen the staff do. Because that's where most infections come from. All Nursing Homes in North America are prepared for hand washing, even if the staff is not. Sorry about your colleagues. You undoubtedly are very conscientious. Also, probably not a great idea to be hugging and kissing residents with Coronavirus.

Jeezus.  Double talk coming out of the County again.  The parks are closed but they are open.

"In effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 and ensure the safety of all park visitors, Broome County Parks playgrounds and athletic fields are CLOSED until further notice. 

Broome County Parks remain OPEN. However if you are planning on visiting the parks, it should be for solitary recreation, not for group activities. We ask that you don't congregate in shelters. Practice social distancing and wash hands after touching surfaces."

Garnar has hired some of the most incompetent people in the county.  This loser is Elizabeth Woidt, parks director.

http://www.gobroomecounty.com/parks

1 hour ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

Aloha, Ginger. I'm just suggesting that the Nursing staff wash their hands more frequently than I've seen the staff do. Because that's where most infections come from. All Nursing Homes in North America are prepared for hand washing, even if the staff is not. Sorry about your colleagues. You undoubtedly are very conscientious. Also, probably not a great idea to be hugging and kissing residents with Coronavirus.

That nurse meant she hugs and kisses her residents normally.. not after she found out there was a virus going around. I'm a hand washer. I think sanitizer is junk and gives people a false sense cleanliness. 

You know what I love.. at the Pilot rest stops they have this cherry flavored gritty cleanser... I can't recall the name.

That stuff is the best!

5 hours ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

Exactly! Were hospitals overwhelmed in 2009 by H1N1? What did it look like then? 1968, when 100,000 died in the US? 1957-58, when 116,000 died in the US? Why didn't we shut down the whole goddamn planet then?

We didn't have the population we have now. A lot of people did not own 1 car let alone multiple vehicles, especially if you lived in nyc. I remember going on a class trip to La Guardia the year the 747 came out. The interior had orange carpeting, a bar and a baby grand piano. Only the very wealthy flew back then.

(Not including h1n1)

2 minutes ago, ginger said:

We didn't have the population we have now. 

Every year there is a flu season, and every year people die. If we address it in this new and exciting way, we cease to have modern economies and all the wonderful toys that come with it.

The worst case scenario (if you believe the stat geeks) is 1,382,926 testing positive in the U.S. which at the current overestimated mortality rate of 0.012% is 16,595 dead people by April 30. Flu season kills 30,000. But it's time to shut down the planet.

We also didn't have the medical facilities we have now. My pediatrician lived/worked out of an apartment...in Julio's building actually. My parents doctor lived/worked out of an apartment across the street from us. Low overhead, rent controlled :) Also, people were allowed to stay home when they were sick...taking an entire week off and our mothers stayed home to take care of us.  

International air travel is a big factor for spread. So that does need to be stopped quickly when there are viruses like this. Seems like that to me anyway. All the big numbers are in the big cities with big airports. From now on the air lines should plan ahead for quick stoppage of flights when needed.

lol :) For those of you who are reading this on your phone, you can't see title of the video 75 posted. It says Governor Andrew Cuomo to Feds, "What can I do?".

post edit..maybe that's why people don't get me, they can't see the big picture. :) 

7 hours ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

And WL's link shows almost half a million people were hospitalized! Does anyone remember widespread panic about that??? NO! #Kungflu is nothing more than the next generation of a Trump coup attempt and very few politicians have the spine to stop the madness. BTW, briefly heard Rich David and Bob Joseph while I was out living my life as normal and talking to whoever I knew. Both of them are fucking cowards and completely controlled by the narrative. No spine in either one of them at all. 

Has anyone seen a story on the rate of #kungflu infections in the homeless communities of our Democrat shit hole cities and states? They live in camps on average. Why is there no media hysteria about massive deaths from corona among our homeless? Are they even being decimated by the #kungflu? If they aren't, WHY?  

7 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

Jeezus.  Double talk coming out of the County again.  The parks are closed but they are open.

"In effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 and ensure the safety of all park visitors, Broome County Parks playgrounds and athletic fields are CLOSED until further notice. 

Broome County Parks remain OPEN. However if you are planning on visiting the parks, it should be for solitary recreation, not for group activities. We ask that you don't congregate in shelters. Practice social distancing and wash hands after touching surfaces."

Garnar has hired some of the most incompetent people in the county.  This loser is Elizabeth Woidt, parks director.

http://www.gobroomecounty.com/parks

Lol. If you’re a friend of McManus, your business can stay open too.

If we had not discovered that this was a novel virus and had not given it a name, would anyone have even noticed its existence in the first place? Would anyone have rushed to buy all the toilet paper they could carry? Would anyone have called for businesses to shut and for entire populations to be placed under house arrest? This is not the Black Death. Peoples organs aren’t turning into liquid shit. This is a virus we needed technology to recognize. Even the numbers of deaths and serious illnesses being officially attributed to the virus are so small that, had we not formally identified it, it is perfectly possible to imagine no one would have noticed anything was wrong.

Here you go.  If case #1 was on 01/01/2020 and, as has been said, COVID-19 infection rate doubles every three days. . . the entire world population will be infected by 04/09/2020.

Date,             Day,             Cases

1/1/2020 0 1
1/4/2020 3 2
1/7/2020 6 4
1/10/2020 9 8
1/13/2020 12 16
1/16/2020 15 32
1/19/2020 18 64
1/22/2020 21 128
1/25/2020 24 256
1/28/2020 27 512
1/31/2020 30 1,024
2/3/2020 33 2,048
2/6/2020 36 4,096
2/9/2020 39 8,192
2/12/2020 42 16,384
2/15/2020 45 32,768
2/18/2020 48 65,536
2/21/2020 51 131,072
2/24/2020 54 262,144
2/27/2020 57 524,288
3/1/2020 60 1,048,576
3/4/2020 63 2,097,152
3/7/2020 66 4,194,304
3/10/2020 69 8,388,608
3/13/2020 72 16,777,216
3/16/2020 75 33,554,432
3/19/2020 78 67,108,864
3/22/2020 81 134,217,728
3/25/2020 84 268,435,456
3/28/2020 87 536,870,912
3/31/2020 90 1,073,741,824
4/3/2020 93 2,147,483,648
4/6/2020 96 4,294,967,296
4/9/2020 99 8,589,934,592

20 pharmaceutical companies that supply American medicines are located in other countries. 10 of which have imposed export restrictions, China being the stiffest. Our President now will fix this so our critical medicines are made in America. According to Peter Navarro,  Assistant to the President, and Director of Trade and Manufacturing Policy.

Norwich, NY Pharmaceutical photo... To note In 2014 a controlling stake in the company (Alvogen) was acquired by CVC Capital Partners and Temasek Holdings. The new owners are from Europe and Singapore.

Image result for norwich ny pharmaceutical company