ginger

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, PeteMoss said:

On Thursday 3/19 it was announced that Broome County has its second case.  A resident this time.  Of course HIPPA won't let the Health Department tell us who it is.  I can't remember everyone I was in contact with over the past 14 days.  This person's rights superceed my rights.   Nice !!!

Here is the interesting part.  From the P&SB article " Anyone who has been in contact with a sick person before that person showed symptoms does not have to be quarantined unless those people are in the same household, Kaufman said. "  Since when is this the rule?  I have never heard this.

I am totally confused now.  Why are we practicing the 6 foot rule, closed many establishments etc if I only have to worry about people in my household?  So if you live alone, you have nothing to worry about?  

I am confused. 

I didn't want to bring this up before but it looks to me like Rebecca Kaufman is clueless.  On 3/20/2020 the P&SB has a story about Brindisi self quarantining.  He was here Monday and Kaufman was within 6 feet of him.  No hand sanitizer was visible.  Many others were within 6 feet of Brindisi.

Up until now, the County Health department's main purpose was to tell people to: quit smoking, lose weight, wash your hands after using the bathroom and don't have unprotected sex.  Now they are engaged in the real world and it is obvious they are not up to it.  They are trying to get around the situation but the press article shows them to be using weasel words.

The BC health department screwed up, big time.

SELL OFF YOUR TOILET PAPER NOW !

Now 3 International Studies Find Chloroquine with Azithromycin Shows 100% Success Rate in Treating Chinese Coronavirus in 6 Days!

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/03/huge-development-now-3-international-studies-find-chloroquine-with-azithromycin-shows-100-success-rate-in-treating-coronavirus-in-6-days-video/

22 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

SELL OFF YOUR TOILET PAPER NOW !

Now 3 International Studies Find Chloroquine with Azithromycin Shows 100% Success Rate in Treating Chinese Coronavirus in 6 Days!

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/03/huge-development-now-3-international-studies-find-chloroquine-with-azithromycin-shows-100-success-rate-in-treating-coronavirus-in-6-days-video/

Starting day off right, gonna get paranoia story of the day out the way.

Once half pot of coffee started waking me I grabbed my phone and looked at Drudge page. Saw two headlines interesting.

First one was Senators sold off stock before all this crap became bad as is. Story would not load until ….. 

Second headline says Republican Senator sold stock before crap started and it loaded quickly. Interesting but not uncommon.

After ten minutes or so First article page opened. 3 Republicans and 1 Democrat got richer.

No big deal, only smirkingly amusing.

Did you hear about the doctor who is complaining she doesn't have enough masks? She stated she's been spraying them with isopropyl alcohol and placing them in plastics bags for 5 days then reusing until they disintegrate. I personally don't believe a word she's saying but ok, assume it's true...HAVE IQ'S SHARPLY DROPPED?

LYSOL COMES IN A SPRAY CAN. IT'S ON THE TOP SHELF OF YOUR LOCAL GROCERY STORE.

I was in Sam's club today.  They have a sign above the water,  that there is a limit of one on the cases of bottled water.

So I bought some salads in a bag.  The girl checking me out says that there is a limit of one.  I told her there is no sign and I am not taking them back.

No sense shopping at Sam's for now.  I won't waste the gas and just go to the PC for food purchases.

I just came from Wegmans. They are wiping the conveyor belt in between customers. Then she wanted me to place my purchases on the wetness. I told her I'm not doing that. Here's the thing though...what good is it if the check out girl isn't washing her hands/ sanitizing in between...and she's not wearing a mask.

12 hours ago, DanCooper said:

I’m also done with Sam’s. Went tonight. No milk. Vitamins wiped out. Had to wait 5 minutes for an attendant to walkover to approve my 30 pack, with an intelligible grunt, at the self checkout.

A little idea to lighten mood?

Yesterday when finishing shopping for the month I brought home a couple bunches of cut flowers. To add a bit of brightness to the table.

For the first time in a couple weeks my significant other  had a relaxed stress free smile for a while.

On 3/21/2020 at 10:46 AM, JB 2 said:

A little idea to lighten mood?

Yesterday when finishing shopping for the month I brought home a couple bunches of cut flowers. To add a bit of brightness to the table.

For the first time in a couple weeks my significant other  had a relaxed stress free smile for a while.

There is an unintended consequence I did not anticipate. But it is worth it.

The cigarettes left in my carton will need to last a few days longer until I can afford more. But seeing her smiling face today sitting there drinking coffee at the table is worth it.

Let's see. April 2013, Boston locked down because of Marathon Bombing. No push back from the public or the media.

March 2020, Several states (and the rest of the country to varying degrees) locked down. No push back from the public or the media; people actively shamed for opposing it.

I maintain our overlords have learned much from these incidents about how compliant the public will be in the face of a crisis (real, imagined, or manufactured).

This is far, far more dangerous than any disease could ever be.