ginger

1 hour ago, ginger said:

Well 27 you were right. I am already hearing the complaints about the testing. 'YOU DON'T PAY ME ENOUGH"

Cuomo did take one for the team at his press conference Sunday so I’ll give him that. Do people traveling to BU get paid for their time when they get tested? It’ll be interesting to see how this goes and how long it lasts. 

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, 27 Time World Champions said:

Cuomo did take one for the team at his press conference Sunday so I’ll give him that. Do people traveling to BU get paid for their time when they get tested? It’ll be interesting to see how this goes and how long it lasts. 

^A lot of employees don't own vehicles. It's not like they can just zip around to get this done. Once again, it's all about the money/reimbursement. Absurd. Was it worth it? They shut down the entire healthcare system in this county for what? Reminds me of another movie...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmoYpJIUWhY&t=18s

5 hours ago, ginger said:

^A lot of employees don't own vehicles. It's not like they can just zip around to get this done. Once again, it's all about the money/reimbursement. Absurd. Was it worth it? They shut down the entire healthcare system in this county for what? Reminds me of another movie...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmoYpJIUWhY&t=18s

Classic movie! If you haven’t already. Watch the television series. I wonder what plan Nursing Homes will have to test employees who either don’t own a car or drive?

They're going to have to do it on site. I feel badly for ancillary staff, housekeeping, food prep, activities etc. Those people didn't sign up for this. They really don't get paid to operate to the same standard as certified or professional nursing staff (lpns, rns). #Troopers  :) 

I have not seen the series...worthy of binge watching?

8 minutes ago, ginger said:

They're going to have to do it on site. I feel badly for ancillary staff, housekeeping, food prep, activities etc. Those people didn't sign up for this. They really don't get paid to operate to the same standard as certified or professional nursing staff (lpns, rns). #Troopers  :)

I have not seen the series...worthy of binge watching?

giphy.gif

On 5/14/2020 at 8:06 AM, ginger said:

So...the employees are sick, the residents/patients are sick or dead. You put pregnant women and their babies IN JEOPARDY...Oh...isn't that a thing? Having a facility IN JEOPARDY? IN JEOPARDY OF FACILITATING HARM TO A PATIENT? 

Instead of using one of the numerous suggested properties to set up a sanatorium you allowed all available staff to go to NYC instead of acting as custodians of our own community. Some of you aren't worth the paper your bachelor's and master's degrees are written on.

Zero confidence 

BTW, I just heard on the radio Willow Point has a covid positive patient now but they're in a negative pressure room. What, you closed the door and put a fan in the window? 

The good news is, it's not too late..flu season comes every year twice a year. 

So, they pretended to have a negative pressure room and now 2 people are dead and several residents and staff tested positive. 

I can't imagine the viral load in the nursing home buildings. So irresponsible.

BTW, I didn't come up with that put a fan in the window and close the door idea all on my own. Other nursing homes are pretending they have negative pressure rooms too. From what I understand the NYS department of Health says they can do that to get around the governors caveat that the nursing home has to be able to properly care for the resident or transfer them. 

I don't want to hear your absurd excuses.."IT'S A GLOBAL PANDEMIC!" 

It's a Broome County epidemic of your own making.

Yesterday, the MSM reported that a record number of new cases of COVID-19 have been reported, making this the most deadly day so far in the Pandemic without so much as a word of explanation about the relationship between the number of tests and the number of cases. The fear must be maintained at all costs, lest the farm animals begin to realize they are being driven along the fence.

I promised I'd stop posting about this subject.  I'm trying.  Really

7 minutes ago, Kaz said:

27 - Virus coverage will peak in October and promptly end on November 4th. You can take that to the bank.

lol It has to end earlier than that... they want to bookend the virus with another impeachment before election day.   

^scratch that...Supreme Court denies house dems Mueller secret grand jury materials at least until early summer. 

Willow Point per Jason Garner on WNBF...27 sick residents, 5 dead. and 17 sick staff members. Gee, I wonder how that happened.

On 5/26/2020 at 11:17 AM, PeteMoss said:

No visitors were allowed in.

He said they think it was brought in by an agency employee. So now Willow Point has "DOZENS" of sick residents? How'd that happen? What happened with your negative pressure rooms, why didn't they work? Who is the RN in charge of quality control and or infection control? Fire them.

The one time when you have to get it right you screw it up. You had all the time in the world. Every sick resident there should sue for gross negligence. I've no doubt any lawyer worth a damn can make this stick with your fake negative pressure room. 

You know the saying, insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. The department of health knows what you did isn't working. I've been watching this unfold in every nursing home all over the state. YOU HAD ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD TO MAKE IT RIGHT.

https://wnbf.com/willow-point-gets-cares-act-funds/

• 3 weeks later...

Low-Dose Steroid Treatment Hailed as Major Breakthrough in Fighting Coronavirus

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/06/16/low-dose-steroid-treatment-hailed-as-major-breakthrough-in-fighting-coronavirus/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=daily&utm_campaign=20200616

or will the FDA get in the way of doctor/patient relationship again like hydroxy?

• 4 weeks later...

To follow up...from the LA Times article

"Scientists who question the Federal delay argue that the immunity shots are easy to scale up and should enter clinical trials immediately. They say that until there’s a vaccine, the plasma shots offer the only plausible method for preventing potentially millions of infections at a critical moment in the pandemic."

"Using technology that’s been proven effective in preventing other diseases such as hepatitis A, the injections would be administered to high-risk healthcare workers, nursing home patients, or even at public drive-through sites — potentially protecting millions of lives, the doctors and other experts say."

To continue; the article makes some good points. According to the article, as an interim measure the plasma injection makes sense until a vaccine is found. And there is no guarantee it will be found.The plasma shot is effective for 2 months of immunity. Furthermore pharma sees the plasma as low profit, thus no interest. So, as in the case of ventilators, should the President mandate plasma vaccine for immediate warp speed and production when trials prove it's safety? 

"Scientists say that until there’s a vaccine, the shots offer the only plausible method for preventing potentially millions of infections at a critical moment in the pandemic."

So where are the plasma inoculations we were promised months ago? Can schools, colleges really be expected to open without them? 

"A cholesterol-lowering drug could make coronavirus as treatable as the common cold, scientists have suggested. Researchers at New York’s Mount Sinai Medical Center looked at depriving the virus of nutrients which Covid-19 needs to survive... After five days of treatment with , the fenofibrate researchers said that the virus had almost completely disappeared in lab studies."

Has anyone who is taking fenofibrate had Covid? If so please report your experience to Mt Sinai.

18 minutes ago, thomas said:

"A cholesterol-lowering drug could make coronavirus as treatable as the common cold, scientists have suggested. Researchers at New York’s Mount Sinai Medical Center looked at depriving the virus of nutrients which Covid-19 needs to survive... After five days of treatment with fenofibrate, the researchers said that the virus had almost completely disappeared in lab studies."

Has anyone who is taking fenofibrate had Covid? If so please report your experience to My Sinai.

There are other names for this drug.

https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a601052.html