WNBF cuts Bob Joseph show by an hour, and moves to 8am

suefromupstate

That show has become a waste. Its the same callers daily. None of them would get air time in a real market. I click it off as soon as Beverly is announced. That woman needs to go to the senior center to do her reminiscing. If WNBF can't fill the time with good information and actual news, they should just pull the plug. Bob does a fine job writing and reporting news. They should let him to that and get Marble Mouth Whyte off the air.

This area's leadership has shown time and again that they don't want actual news reporting and the vast majority of the public has shown they don't pay attention. We get what we deserve.

4 hours ago, suefromupstate said:

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of Bob Joseph. WNBF needs a new local host who isn’t so biased. 

One hour down. Two to go.

I've often said, the few times that I listened, it was obvious that he doesn't do any show prep at all.

Just wake up, "S, S & Shave," have a cup of coffee, then approach the mic and try to pull a show out of his a**.

1 minute ago, thomas said:

I enjoy Binghamton Now depending on the guests. I hope the new time slot works well. I don't need someone screaming about politics all the time. MSM and syndicated hosts has that 24/7 if that's what you want.

Tony was an entertaining local personality… Bob is better suited as station’s reporter on staff. If Mosher wasn’t working out, more syndication is the cheapest solution. You don’t have to pay benefits to Clay Travis and Buck Sexton.

It sounds like Bob is now hosting First News and Binghamton Now.  Which is why they cut Binghamton now by an hour and are starting it earlier.

There are no afternoon news breaks today, which Bob used to cover.

Doug is gone. Bob’s schedule has changed to cover Doug’s mornings. There is no longer local afternoon news.

I don't want to see any of them lose their jobs. And I think having a local call in talk show is a good thing. I personally don't listen very often: probably ten minutes a week at most. One too many "Vinny" calls was enough for me to find other alternatives. There were other issues, too - interrupting callers, talking more than listening...just not my cup of tea. It's a gamble when you go from being a news reporter to talk show host. It potentially exposes Bob's  biases, which could damage the credibility as a news man he's built up for a few decades. But I'm hoping they don't pull the plug entirely. Like it or not - with all its imperfections - Binghamton Now serves a purpose. 

On 7/19/2021 at 10:11 AM, suefromupstate said:

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of Bob Joseph. WNBF needs a new local host who isn’t so biased. 

My opinion might be a little flawed since I am only an occasional listener but I don't think it's so much that he's biased, which he may very well be, but that he just can't help himself with the snark and sarcasm. The last time I listened a few days ago on the way into work I heard a caller who really was making some great points and was calm and level headed and all of Bob's responses were just snark and sarcasm, like he wasn't really absorbing what the caller was talking about and wasn't really engaging in any sense...just trying to demonstrate "cleverness". That was followed up by what sounded like a very old woman...(Betty??) with a mundane stream of consciousness..and no matter WHAT Bob said in response she didn't even seem to hear him...she just kept on keeping on with whatever was happening in her day...riveting radio. Thank God I had reached my destination and could click out of it.

Makes no difference to me. Yes BJ is heavy with his opinions, find me a talk show host who isn’t, but the problem I myself with him is when he at times inserts his opinions or snark comments WHILE reading the news. SAVE it for after you have read the news Bobby. 

• 4 weeks later...

I could have sworn I posted on this thread whilst on vacation.

HAVE I MENTIONED I'D RATHER LISTEN TO BOB AND OUR GREAT TRIPLE CITIES CALLERS ANY DAY OF THE WEEK RATHER THAN LISTEN TO BRIAN KILMEADE WHO ABSOLUTELY BORES ME TO TEARS?

FIX IT!

• 7 months later...