Downtown Binghamton rape

Bazooka Joe

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plain and simple, just about everyone loves (loved) the Colonial. It's been one of the better establishments downtown.

There are a lot of accusations flying in that thread. Some are more specific than others, and include the claim that one of the owners has already been arrested and posted bail.

Women do get drugged at area bars regularly, even rural establishments in Chenango County. They rarely suspect the staff of being behind it. Most attacks of this nature fail and young women often realize they were drugged the next day but don't bother to report it because they're embarrassed and made it home unharmed.

If it's true, I vote for public execution by drowning.

39 minutes ago, Bingoloid said:

Plain and simple, just about everyone loves (loved) the Colonial. It's been one of the better establishments downtown.

There are a lot of accusations flying in that thread. Some are more specific than others, and include the claim that one of the owners has already been arrested and posted bail.

Women do get drugged at area bars regularly, even rural establishments in Chenango County. They rarely suspect the staff of being behind it. Most attacks of this nature fail and young women often realize they were drugged the next day but don't bother to report it because they're embarrassed and made it home unharmed.

If it's true, I vote for public execution by drowning.

I didn't love Colonial. 

Please share more with us on your knowledge of women being drugged regularly at area bars. 

45 minutes ago, Avalanche said:

Please share more with us on your knowledge of women being drugged regularly at area bars. 

My point was that it happens anywhere young women are partying - not just locally - but yes, it does happen here.

A typical mode is that someone intends to swoop in once the person - usually someone they know indirectly - starts to "not feel well" and offer to take them home. If they level an accusation about what happens after, the attacker will play it off as "you were just really drunk".

They often fail because the victim still had their judgment intact enough to get home in a different way, or simply because the attacker didn't see an opportunity to try. When they succeed, proving what happened can be difficult, even if they go through the process of gathering evidence that they were drugged.

I've known two women personally who have directly described very credible incidents of having had their drinks spiked locally. One downtown, one at a rural bar. One was raped, and was able to name the person, a TA from one of her classes at BU who she thought she could trust when he offered to take her home. Neither were consistent with simply drinking too much.

What I was getting at about it being unusual to point the finger at staff is that it's suggestive of a very specific set of facts, not just a misunderstanding. There's a lot of rumors flying around but they all seem to focus on one person.

Welcome to the county that supports NYC scum bags. I don't live in Binghamton anymore and neither do my kids. We moved our kids out of the city limits and in to the country  in 1991 because my wife and i were not going to let our kids go to Binghamton schools. My wife and I grew up in the country where there were no problems. Hell we never locked our doors. I refuse to go into the city limits. My son and daughter are now married and want nothing to do with downtown.

So that being said   WELCOME to the City of Corruption. Mayor, DA, Police,and of coarse Garner

Dos Rios FB page:

We are aware of, and seriously concerned by, the rumors that are circulating in our community alleging abhorrent activities at our restaurants. These allegations are deeply disturbing, and do not, in any way, reflect the values of our employees or corporate culture of our restaurants.
We are a large and diverse group of business owners, and we pride ourselves on bringing energy and vibrancy to the downtown Binghamton restaurant scene. It is important to remember that all three restaurants have unique ownership structures. We will not condone anyone making our establishments unsafe or causing harm to those around them.
At present, no one has been charged with a crime. However, the individuals in question have been placed on leave, and we will cooperate fully with any investigations. There is absolutely nothing more important to us than the safety of our employees and guests, and our complete focus is on providing them with a safe, enjoyable experience when visiting any of our three establishments.
We are treating this matter with the utmost seriousness it deserves, and hope that the facts will be established in the near future. To that end, we will be closed until further notice while we review the matter internally and determine how we can safely resume operations. In the meantime, we sincerely appreciate your patience.

The Broome County District Attorney's Office must recuse themselves from this case, and allow a special prosecutor to be appointed. 

• Korchak's employees are regularly seen at the Colonial. 
  • Korchak's employees are close friends with the owners.
  • Several children/family members of Korchak's employees have worked at Colonial. 
  • One of Korchak's senior attorneys has been spotted at Colonial on dates with someone who is not his wife (you look the other way, I'll look the other way).

If Korchak refuses to allow this case to go to a special prosecutor, there are several issues that could get a conviction overturned on appeal. Korchak will greedily and wrongly fight to keep this case, so he can exploit it when he runs for re-election.  Like he did the Harper Stantz case. 

5 minutes ago, F. Lee Bailey said:

The Broome County District Attorney's Office must recuse themselves from this case, and allow a special prosecutor to be appointed. 

• Korchak's employees are regularly seen at the Colonial. 
  • Korchak's employees are close friends with the owners.
  • Several children/family members of Korchak's employees have worked at Colonial. 
  • One of Korchak's senior attorneys has been spotted at Colonial on dates with someone who is not his wife (you look the other way, I'll look the other way).

If Korchak refuses to allow this case to go to a special prosecutor, there are several issues that could get a conviction overturned on appeal. Korchak will greedily and wrongly fight to keep this case, so he can exploit it when he runs for re-election.  Like he did the Harper Stantz case. 

Good info but if Korchak went after cornwell and tried prosecuting it himself what makes you think he will pass this off to a special prosecutor.