I would love to know what people think about Trump?

snowman60

5 minutes ago, ndirish said:

I generally support most of his policies, but will not vote for him.  I'll skip the presidential if he's the nominee.

The last two elections I did not vote for any of the main candidates as I simply could not bring myself to selecting either as my choice for President. 

Instead, what I did in the last two elections was write-in the name of an eligible candidate with ON THE JOB EXPERIENCE.

George Bush Sr when it was Donald vs Hilary and James Earl Carter when it was Donald vs Joey.

I know I was not the only one as both times the USA Today had articles on those two being written in by many.

Next November, sadly it looks like I might have to sit that one out.

I never cared for him, until he ran in 2015, and was the ONLY candidate to not support DACA. At the time, real citizens were being buried in student loan debt, and the Libs were trying to send illegals for free, plus Rep’s that wanted votes. His #’s kept climbing. I liked what he did in office. His tweets were bad form, but honestly the Libs were also acting repugnantly, and denying it. Recall Madonna wanting to burn down the White House? I am almost positive several things going on right wouldn’t be if he’d won the 2nd term. He gets blamed for everything, no matter ridiculous. I saw a bit of Meet the Press this am, and Romney was calling for resignations of those college presidents (as it should be), then he segues into “that’s why Trump can’t be in office again”, as if that’s his fault, too. 

8 hours ago, Misbehavin' said:

I support Trump for next term as President.  His policies were better, we were safer.  Also had more money in our pockets.  And actually I got a kick out of his "mean" tweets.  He just called out shit as he saw it, and I have no problem with that.  

I probably should’ve been clearer in my post…it gave them ammunition to cry and whine about him, and they were already bad enough. (referring to tweets)

I am a lifelong conservative republican.  I have vowed to not vote for a republican again, from president to dog catcher, until the party renounces the grift that is currently masquerading as a political party.  Burning American institutions to the ground in the name of “conservatism” is an oxymoron, as is pitting Americans against other Americans.   I’m afraid it will be a while and it will have to really hurt before the party comes to their senses and becomes a party of functional government again.  I hope the country survives.  

On 12/11/2023 at 2:31 PM, Responsible_Adult_Female said:

I liked him, gas prices, unemployment rate, etc. etc.  What I didn't like was all the violence that erupted across the U.S.  I'm on the fence.

The violence was media driven. Trump was an advocate for peace on the world stage. The Abraham Accords is one example. Contrast that now to what’s going on in Israel. 

26 minutes ago, DanCooper said:

The violence was media driven. Trump was an advocate for peace on the world stage. The Abraham Accords is one example. Contrast that now to what’s going on in Israel. 

I understand the violence was not Trump.  But I wonder what lengths media and the anti-Trumps will go to if he wins again.

• 4 weeks later...

Re:Fanni Willis 

Peter Strzok and Lisa Page say HI.

Do they have enough evidence to subpoena the phones and computers? 

Time's awasting. 

He is a Russian stooge and has destroyed what was once a magnificent political party that upheld and advanced American standards, freedoms, and values. He has no standards, all the values of a drunken nymphomaniac, and could care less about our freedoms or well beings. I weep for the Republican Party I grew up in and am shocked that he is respected by any sane person. I’ll vote Libertarian.

3 hours ago, ThelmaHarper said:

He is a Russian stooge and destroyed what was once a magnificent political party that upheld and advanced American standards, freedoms, and values. He has hasno standards, all the values of a drunken nymphomaniac, and could care less about our freedoms or well beings. I weep for the Republican Party I grew up in and am shocked that he is respected by any sane person. I’ll vote Libertarian.

WTF? Oh, HE did all that, too?

SMH…unbelievable. 

My take... his policies awesome.   His delivery, not always what is dignified but I can certainly live with that.  I will say, if we do not get someone in there that is better than the regime that has been in power (and newsflash its not Joe Biden) we are doomed.  The open border is a significantly larger problem than the MM is portraying, inflation is out of control, there will be food shortages, manufactured emergencies etc etc etc.  NYS/ California are the most over regulated states in the history of the union and surely not what the founding fathers had in mind.  I could probably go on for an hour but he is really (maybe DeSantis) the only one currently with the stones to fix things.  And parenthetically, if we don't start punishing bad guys, the rioting will be ridiculous after the election (no matter who wins).  JMHO

On 1/15/2024 at 3:36 AM, ginger said:

Re:Fanni Willis 

Peter Strzok and Lisa Page say HI.

Do they have enough evidence to subpoena the phones and computers? 

Time's awasting. 

Within 24 hours of signing a contract with Fani Willis to work on the Trump case, Wade filed for divorce. Res ipsa loquitur..the ink wasn't even dry! 

She has to show up for a deposition for the divorce case on January 23rd. Then on February 2nd she has to respond in writing to the misconduct allegations.

HER LAWYER...that I'm assuming she has to pay, is saying she's being harassed and that MRS. WADE is obstructing justice in her case against Trump. As I said, the ink wasn't even dry.The timing certainly isn't Mrs Wade's fault.